Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

How I Became The Best Player In DayZ

I was once a beginner at DayZ and would die constantly from starvation, bleeding, bullets, you name it. But I learned some critical things that made me not only a great player but now I can safely claim I am the best player to have ever graced the game of DayZ. Here are my top 10 tips if you ever aspire to achieve my greatness.

1. Always leave landmines behind doors. The best player in DayZ is excellent at getting extra frags, and this is the safest way to do it. Sure, you will never know if you got that kill or not, but trust me, you did. And they lost all their precious military gear.

2. Do not be friendly. Friendliness is a beginner mistake that leads to death in most circumstances. Sure you might make a friend or two if you're friendly, but mostly you'll just be dead. Always strike first and strike hard and have no mercy.

3. Pretend to be friendly even though you're not. DayZ is not only about mechanical skills, it is about psychological warfare. Get on another player's good side and then smash him with a sledgehammer while he is eating that rice you so graciously gave him. This strategy will greatly increase your frag count and take you closer to being the best.

4. If you knock the player unconscious and have restraining gear available, always restrain the other player and resuscitate them. Then you can remind them of who is king of the jungle while feeding them disinfectant. The best players are always in control of the situation, and with the enemy restrained, you have ultimate control. Its also a nice way to have company with you without any risk of being killed.

5. Camp military tents. This one takes some patience but will definitely increase your kill rate and make you the best. Just get your precious M4 and sit in a tent in Tisy military base. Let the helpless survivors walk in one by one as you mow them down. Each time you get a kill, make sure you switch tents!

6. Prey on fresh spawns from rooftops. Why go for other geared players when you have more than enough gear? The best way to be the best is to kill the players who have very little or nothing, because its unlikely they will be able to kill you. This increases your chance of survival.

7. Steal other players cars. This is a fun one. Did someone friendly invite you for a ride? Great. Now when you stop to make a fire, quickly hop in the driver seat and drive away as fast as you can. Now you have a car all for yourself and you didn't even have to fix it! This will give you the edge against other players.

8. Infiltrate and destroy other players bases. Clans may build big bases and this will allow them to store precious loot and dominate other players. Get a gun and go break their base. If there is anyone there just shoot them. Then take all the good gear they have stored inside and leave. Now you've removed the threat to your dominance and have better gear.

9. When you spawn in, chase down the other fresh spawns and kill them with a stick. This is a great way to increase your kill count, get some more gear, and be the best player in DayZ. Its time efficient and easy to do, just make sure they don't have a better weapon than you. You'll get their food and rags for a faster start.

10. Lie to every player you meet. The truth is your enemy in DayZ. The more other players know about you, the more they can use this information against you. When they ask you where you're heading, or what your name is, or what you have in your backpack, always lie. They won't know and will trust you anyways. When they look in your backpack that you put on the ground, after you told them it has a precious night scope you don't want, now they're vulnerable to your fire axe. You know what to do.

I hope my tips will help beginners as well as other veterans to become much better at DayZ. I rose to the pinnacle very quickly due to natural talent but I'm very grateful for this position I am currently in. I've had so much fun at the top of the DayZ leader-board that I wanted to share some of that goodness with all of you.

We keep on surviving!

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

9. When you spawn in, chase down the other fresh spawns and kill them with a stick.

Nonono, this isn't 0.62, you want a knife, and a NO STAMINA server. A lot of those servers spawn you with a knife, too. You can run up and do the old stun lock. I thought everyone would be doing this, but apparently not everyone's familiar with it or fast enough to avoid it, because I win just about every knife fight. Hitting them from the side works best, doesn't push 'em as far away so you can cut till they drop. Cut 'em enough and even if they do break free, they'll have too many wounds and lose too much blood to bandage at all. On a normal server you're on more of an even playing field... opponent has an opportunity to fight back... yuck. Stun lock allows you get more of those early frags and gear. No stamina, more frags.

• Like 1

it's awesome that everything there is about plyer interactions

but you don't have them. 

thats why I don't play Dayz now

Edited by Mantasisg

4 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

The more other players know about you, the more they can use this information against you

yeah .. what did you say your name was ?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

it's awesome that everything there is about plyer interactions

but you don't have them. 

Technically speaking, you can't have frags without player interaction.

interact v. 1 reciprocal action or influence.

Edited by -Gews-

I am very glad to see everyone benefiting from my expert advice. That is all I can wish for. To show my gratitude, I will provide an 11th bonus tip.

11. If you do end up restraining a player, ensure to go find other players and offer them the restrained player as a personal slave in exchange for some good gear. Not only do you get more gear, but another bandit may notice your skills and decide to join you in your quest to dominate Chernarus. This will double the rate of your murder count since you will be guilty by association.

I have followed your suggestions 1-10 to the T, and im currently last in DayZ power rankings and my life has lost all meaning.

• Haha 3
  • Beans 2

On 12/27/2018 at 4:40 PM, -Gews- said:

Technically speaking, you can't have frags without player interaction.

Yeah.... my favorite interaction is sniping someone from a lot of meters... technically it is interaction, well... almost :D He/she die, and I earn frag lol wut

I'm nowhere near the best but after reading this my My stats and k/d ratio have got so much better and now I'm powering up the Dayz power rankings,thank you so much!

Another trick iv learned is shooting your friends while they are fighting off zombies,you can pretend you did it by accident and you'll gt a little extra gear and a nice power ranking boost!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was the worst DayZ player for all these years. Well, today, I was blessed enough to see this miracle, to see your advice. From that moment on after reading this post, I becamse a DayZ God. Not only obvious benefits in DayZ followed but I made some real life improvements too. My wife and I are back together now and I don't need to pay anymore alimentation for my kids, my cholesterol has gone down and I can finally have a normal stool. Thank you, kind sir.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I must play this game wrong then, because I have a lot of player interactions(play mostly community’s)… and besides those times where I desire to shoot first(various reasons) I believe that only 1/3 is with fatal result, well perhaps 1/2

I don't think this classifies OP - as the "Best Player" in DayZ...

more like a bottom of barrel scrape the crud off my shoe type of player.

Maybe a quarter step above a Duper. But that's just my opinion.

haha.  I would immediately cross-check the IP of Lize965 and Survivor1431 if I were a mod here.  I mean, seriously.

• Haha 3

How I killed the best player in DayZ.  Walked up, smacked them upside the head with a shovel and buried them.  The end

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

How I killed the best player in DayZ.  Walked up, smacked them upside the head with a shovel and buried them.  The end

All hail the true best player in DayZ. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, INomadZ said:

Survival of the Fittest. Simple. If you have a problem with that then play PVE or ROBLOX.

No wonder nobody watches your videos. 

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, eno said:

No wonder nobody watches your videos. 

Edited by INomadZ