dmddmm

Dayz 1.0 persistance BUG news

Can anynody at all, be it a dev or a player update me on the status of fixing the persistance issues. This is in my opinion the most important part of the game and its broken in 1.0 as we arw all aware. 

Nothing official is going to come out any time soon. 

It works unless it doesn’t. 

Act accordingly. 

• Beans 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Why do you say nothing will come out soon?

Dude.Bro.  

Thanks if you have nothing of value to add maybe just dont post? Feel free to use my advice in life generally. 

Is there anyone who can weigh in some actually helpful info? Would appreciate it. I have heard the community server owners are trying to work on a way to make a persistance backup, so that rollbacks are possible but i am unsure of the progress currently. 

Edited by dmddmm
  • Beans 1

This is and was the latest news.

"The team is working on a permanent solution for the issue, but as this will take some time, we will temporarily enable this option, to hopefully ensure a better persistent gameplay experience."

There might be some holidays currently so that's why it can take some time.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

15 hours ago, dmddmm said:

Can anynody at all, be it a dev or a player update me on the status of fixing the persistance issues. This is in my opinion the most important part of the game and its broken in 1.0 as we arw all aware. 

Your best course of action is to find a community server with an active admin who is doing persistence saves right now. We don't have major wipes but we get missing tents now and then. My server has been fairly stable lately since we started doing this so.. yeah.

• Beans 1

On 12/27/2018 at 1:42 AM, tandwan said:

Your best course of action is to find a community server with an active admin who is doing persistence saves right now. We don't have major wipes but we get missing tents now and then. My server has been fairly stable lately since we started doing this so.. yeah.

I've been having some trouble figuring this out on my server for the tents/barrels/generators ( renting from a host ) do you have any links that could point me in the right direction? I don't know how involved it is so I don't want to bother you to explaining it. I also noticed base building items disappearing after a while I found a mod <> that logs base building items to the ADM file to try and combat that issue. However, I have to set equalmodrequired=0 and the other mods need it to be =1 , is there a way to set the "equalmodrequired=" line for each individual mod ? I'm not experienced in this level of server management so I'm still learning as I go, I'd be much obliged for any help or advice anyone has to offer.

42 minutes ago, daddyDerp said:

I've been having some trouble figuring this out on my server for the tents/barrels/generators ( renting from a host ) do you have any links that could point me in the right direction? I don't know how involved it is so I don't want to bother you to explaining it. I also noticed base building items disappearing after a while I found a mod <> that logs base building items to the ADM file to try and combat that issue. However, I have to set equalmodrequired=0 and the other mods need it to be =1 , is there a way to set the "equalmodrequired=" line for each individual mod ? I'm not experienced in this level of server management so I'm still learning as I go, I'd be much obliged for any help or advice anyone has to offer.

If you have access to the server files, you need to back up the /storage_1 folder -- all the persistence-related stuff is in there.  The key is to back it up on a regular basis (like every hour if possible) and then restore the latest backup BEFORE you restart the server in the event of a crash.  The problem is that most GSPs aren't doing this and when the server crashes, they just restart it again, which then wipes part or all of the persistent world items.

You can loose your tents on servers that are running fine not just during server crashes.  Whatever the problem is it has nothing to do with server crashes.  

21 minutes ago, zap44 said:

You can loose your tents on servers that are running fine not just during server crashes.  Whatever the problem is it has nothing to do with server crashes.  

that may not be a persistance issue.  if i come across your tent during my travels, you would end up losing your tent

And then you would loose it and not me.   Private password server with only 4 of us on it so think not.  Persistence is Dayz or it's just another video game.  Looks like it's getting a Band-Aid and not a real fix.