Sign in to follow this  
Parazight

Infected lootz tweaking

I suggest a minor tweak to loot on zombies for the base game.  A simple change might be to replace  food spawning on zombies with Burlap Sack and Netting.

Right now, there is too much food overall. The ambient food spawns (animals/fruit) are a great part of the experienced and should be pushed.  At the very least, replace canned food with simple fruit on zombies.  Leave a little for fresh spawns, but tone it down, please.  Right now, a new spawn can easily survive solely off of ambient apples, pears, etc.

In addition to having too much food, there's not enough netting or burlap sacks.  The core gameplay loop can afford to have more of both.  Netting is pretty worthless to a new spawn and doesn't spoil the new player experience as a fresh spawn.    Burlap Sacks are one of the game's best items.  It is the perfect item for new customers to experience crafting.  Both Improvised Backpacks and ghillie clothing for late game.    There can never be too many Burlap Sacks.  Making ghillie suits is a fantastic time sink.  If more sacks were available, ghillie suits would be a realistic possibility.  

I guess that you need disinfectant spray in a later build to get no diseases from their loot.

On 12/23/2018 at 12:59 PM, ImageCtrl said:

I guess that you need disinfectant spray in a later build to get no diseases from their loot.

Exactly!  Later!

Right now, diseases aren't in the game.  That's fine and all, but, this is 1.0+  The game should be balanced for the here and now.

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Exactly!  Later!

Right now, diseases aren't in the game.  That's fine and all, but, this is 1.0+  The game should be balanced for the here and now.

I really hope that the lack of some features intentionally gameplay to make it easy for new 1.0 players.

It would make it easier to understand than a veteran, if its then so.

On 12/23/2018 at 1:33 PM, Parazight said:

I suggest a minor tweak to loot on zombies for the base game.  A simple change might be to replace  food spawning on zombies with Burlap Sack and Netting.

Right now, there is too much food overall. The ambient food spawns (animals/fruit) are a great part of the experienced and should be pushed.  At the very least, replace canned food with simple fruit on zombies.  Leave a little for fresh spawns, but tone it down, please.  Right now, a new spawn can easily survive solely off of ambient apples, pears, etc.

In addition to having too much food, there's not enough netting or burlap sacks.  The core gameplay loop can afford to have more of both.  Netting is pretty worthless to a new spawn and doesn't spoil the new player experience as a fresh spawn.    Burlap Sacks are one of the game's best items.  It is the perfect item for new customers to experience crafting.  Both Improvised Backpacks and ghillie clothing for late game.    There can never be too many Burlap Sacks.  Making ghillie suits is a fantastic time sink.  If more sacks were available, ghillie suits would be a realistic possibility.  

We (and by we I mean I) adjusted my server to completely remove food from zombies. It can be done by the server admin on community servers. I'm Bordertown: https://discord.gg/7QHAnWn, I set it so there is very limited can foods and absolutely no food spawning in bags, clothes, or zombies foe the same reason you listed.  My players enjoy it greatly as it adds more of a survival feel to the server. I can find the files you need to adjust if you would like.