Sign in to follow this  
NachoNinjaGnome

Vehicles

Vehicles have come a LONG way since alpha.  But they still have a ways to go.  Vehicle damage needs some fine tuning.  Just a couple of days ago, I'm driving along, not even that fast, maybe 50 kph, coming around a bend and hit the tiniest little lag spike and BOOM, hit a trail marker totaling my vehicle.  If that were real life, that trail marker would have been toast and my bumper would have a dent.  Now, I could understand hitting a tree, power pole, wall, rock, etc, going a bit faster would instantly kill your engine, but apart from that we need more than just two options with hitting something.  Right now, you hit anything, it either does nothing, or completely kills your car.  I know there are plans to implement a similar system to what we had in alpha with the tire repair kits, making use of battery chargers and electrical repair kits, but, in the mean time, can we just turn down the damage?

Additionally, it would be nice to see destructible objects for things like those pesky trail markers, all the rails and pickets of all those various fences, all those road signs, and probably some other, commonly hit, roadside objects.  There's just far too much lag on servers right now and putting vehicle positioning client side would just be a security issue, so, something needs to be done.  But, until then, can we get those trail makers collisions removed?

Edited by NachoNinjaGnome
  • Like 1