Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

Melee Combat Was Botched Last Minute

I thought the beta had a great combat system. The default swing was the light swing. You used the heavy swing by holding shift, which is loud and requires stamina. The current system, which was originally acknowledged by the devs as a "known issue," has heavy and light swings reversed. It feels so clumsy. It doesn't make any sense. Why is it like this in 1.0? You guys had the perfect melee system and you tossed it. I got good at the original system. It was fun. The current melee system in 1.0 is crap and not fun.  

The other night I got into a close quarters melee fight. It was disgusting, a complete sloppy mess. I was able to become proficient with the last system. The fights were clean. This new combat system is a joke in comparison, clumsy by design.  

Edited by Solopopo
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

This new combat system is a joke in comparison

<<Fixed: The heavy melee attacks were not functioning correctly>>. That's what the man says :

It's already fixed on experimental and it works great.

This post is invalid.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

<<Fixed: The heavy melee attacks were not functioning correctly>>. That's what the man says :

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

It's already fixed on experimental and it works great.

This post is invalid.

It's not fixed. Heavy swings are still the default attack on both stable and experimental branches. Do you even understand what I'm talking about? 

58 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Do you even understand what I'm talking about? 

Hi, were you talking?  Sorry to interrupt wont do it again unless I feel like it. Do you even understand what I'm talking about? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Solopopo said:

It's not fixed. Heavy swings are still the default attack on both stable and experimental branches. Do you even understand what I'm talking about? 

How, then you might have some issues. Try deleting your dayz_config files and check if it's still happening, because I had no issue doing normal attacks with simple left click and heavy attacks while holding shift, either on experimental yesterday or stable today. Played for 3-4 hours, killed many infected, no problems with melee for me.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, Solopopo said:

Um, no...  no they're not. If they are for YOU then it's on your end, not the games. As someone who spends a lot of time dealing with zombies with a knife or axe I can promise you that heavy melee is not the default swing anymore. Do what the man says and delete your config and download it because you done got something messed up.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Yeah what's wrong with this? It doesn't work properly for me neither. When my stamina bar is full, I get the heavy attacks only, regardless if I hold the shift key or not. Only when it's empty I can throw these lite attacks, again holding or not holding the shift key. I'm on stable version though.

Edited by cirkular
version

Managed to fix it. 

Edited by Solopopo

9 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Heavy swings my main as well ... what the hell did you do to fix it ? And lol at those above you saying it’s your fault XD 

I know right? All the time around here. Just delete the contents of your dayz folder where your config files are stored. The default location is documents > dayz.

There are probably thousands of players playing 1.0 for the first time with broken melee right now and they don't even know it. One of the previous updates screwed around with the config files and the update that was intended to fix it didn't actually fix it. It just stopped the game from causing the problem. You still need to generate a new config file that isn't messed up.

Edited by Solopopo

You're welcome.

And next time fellas, when we say it's fixed and you just need to delete a file on your game files that was corrupted, just do it and say thanks later.

• Beans 1

On 1/2/2019 at 2:23 PM, odin_lowe said:

You're welcome.

And next time fellas, when we say it's fixed and you just need to delete a file on your game files that was corrupted, just do it and say thanks later.

Thanks for what? Insisting in a smug way that the problem I was reporting about was bs when other people have been experiencing it too? Implying the devs are somehow not responsible for this stupid stuff that happens and that it is somehow my fault? I think not. If this place didn't immediately annoy me I would have checked back to read your post earlier. I fixed the problem myself. I should be the one getting thanked for bringing awareness to this issue. How about next time you tone down the condescension so people actually stick around long enough to hear what you have to say. 

On 12/22/2018 at 2:36 PM, odin_lowe said:

This post is invalid.

It's true that melee combat was botched for a significant number of people. The only thing invalid in this thread is the alpha disclaimer in your signature. You should "understand" that. 

Edited by Solopopo

18 hours ago, Solopopo said:

snip 

Clearly you don't understand. The problem was fixed. No matter if a file was corrupted on YOUR system, the issue was officially fixed. That was a fact. I gave you a solution to your personal problem, and this solution works, yet you're still blaming the devs? Insulting me? 

Yeah, great community. Ungrateful popo. 

Next time I'll think twice before helping out.