Sign in to follow this  
NachoNinjaGnome

Notifications

It would be nice to see a notification system implemented in the vanilla game with built in settings for server owners.  Right now, all we have for any sort of notifications are the messages in the lower left and HUD indicators in the lower right.  As a result, many times when fighting a zombie, we'll get hit, often without noticing as the melee system still needs work.  And some of those times, we start bleeding without knowing that we are bleeding as all that happens is some little arrow is added to our periphery.  In real life, we can feel if we're bleeding, and you would not bleed that much from the sort of hit a zombie could execute.  I don't know how many times a zombie has tagged me and less than a minute later, my screen is gray.  Is hemophillia the reason our survivors were immune to the zombie virus?  We need clotting factor and realistic bleed times in addition to bleed notification.  And I'm not just talking another little message in the bottom left.  Those, too, are easy to miss.  You can't put important stuff on the top, bottom or sides of the screen and expect people to notice.  Many of us sit at a desk with a large monitor and, unless we intentionally look to the edge of the screen, most of what goes on there is not significant enough to draw attention.  Middle of the screen text is necessary.  Various flash functions and sound effects would be a welcome addition as well.  Something, anything, would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 1