Evilsausage

So the old bad server browser get replaced by one even worse?

I haven't played 1.0, but thought I should try ut out a quicky before I go on holiday. But the server browser took like 10 mins to load the unofficial servers and the background sound broke on and off every 5 secs. Could not do anything while it loaded. 

Once I get in on a server I realized I wanted something else.... Another 10 min waiting... -.-

Seriously... Only BiS would actually manage to replace something semi bad with something worse. 

My friend had exact same issue, seriously hope it was just a temporarily thing. We both have 100mbit internet and live in Western EU. 

Also think its a shitty design to not be able to scroll in a server browser. Why?why can't anything be done right?  DayZ is just filled with weirdly designed stuff that barly works.  Why isn't stuff working in a game that that has been development for six goddamn years? Gah... 

Anyhow. Merry Christmas! 

I like it and I don't have any problems with it.. takes 10 mins to get the hang of it, and a couple of small things need putting straight.. but it's really no problem and easy to use. Sorry - I guess I'm saying the wrong thing. I've had zero problems and it works here..  maybe there's something wrong with me and my PC ?

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Edited by pilgrim*
~

Server list is fine when populating the official servers.  Community servers took over 2 mins just to populate to 85%.  Something is definitely screwed with it and it is not working as it should.  Even when using filters it still seems that it's searching through all the servers but not showing them.  There is no excuse to be releasing something that broken.  Shame on Bohemia

• Sad 1

If you're spamming buttons then it's going to gum it up.  The server browser has been working fine for me.  If you select your options, navigate properly and wait for it to do its thing then you shouldn't have too many issues.  One tip is to let it populate fully, then change filters.  The latest update is definitely a big improvement over the first 1.0 release.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Forget about the in-game browser. Use DZSALauncher. It doesn't get bogged down like the official browser and you download any mods the server is running instantly.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

6 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

There is no excuse to be releasing something that broken.  Shame on Bohemia

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

If you're spamming buttons then it's going to gum it up.  The server browser has been working fine for me.  If you select your options, navigate properly and wait for it to do its thing then you shouldn't have too many issues.  One tip is to let it populate fully, then change filters.  The latest update is definitely a big improvement over the first 1.0 release.

I did nothing, I only picked unofficial servers. Dunno maybe its a temporarily issue, haven't tried it since then.  Still if you have to do some kind of workaround, then there is something wrong.

I have seen many server browsers in my days, but never needed to wait 10 mins to pick a server. So yeah, shame on you BiS! 

I waited for almost 10 minutes only the first time I played the 1.0 version, all the next times required only a few seconds to update the server list.