Tom_48_97

Stable Update 1.0.150000

47 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Vehicles are supposed to be rare and therefore valuable.

Yes, that's the official story. But it seems more like "we can't get even a single car work on the server" so lets say they are rare and valuable. ^^

Oh well need to browse through the custom servers.

• Beans 2

why would cars be considered "core gameplay"? the game played for a few good years and we all had a blast before they braught in the first v3s.  not to mention they are not really important to gameplay at all (not that they do not add to the game, i would still rather have one than be without). they are more of a luxury item to be worked toward over a long period of time, possibly by a group (the reason they would be rare and valuable).  personally i would say crafting and survival aspects would be FAR more important to worry about as 'core gameplay' features.  

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

why would cars be considered "core gameplay"? the game played for a few good years and we all had a blast before they braught in the first v3s.  not to mention they are not really important to gameplay at all (not that they do not add to the game, i would still rather have one than be without). they are more of a luxury item to be worked toward over a long period of time, possibly by a group (the reason they would be rare and valuable).  personally i would say crafting and survival aspects would be FAR more important to worry about as 'core gameplay' features.  

So your saying let’s dumb down core gameplay to whatever is easiest so they don’t have to work on having a fun , content filled game ? Buddy you need to realize that dayz has been in the works for damn near 6 years now - other games have come and gone but yet the ones that don’t burn out are learning from games like dayzs mistakes : saying you have all this content but yet half of it is never able to be found by a casual player and the other half of the content is broken is a big no no in survival games that actually want to “survive” in the gaming world .

If they advertise that they have vehicles FFS just add enough to make it fun - if they can’t get that to work with their engine well then in that case they have been lying to us for years now , as they said the enfusion engine was literally programmed for this game and that it should enable the game to track and do so much more with vehicles , items , etc.

So no , you’re wrong , cars as vehicles ARE apart of core gameplay wether you like it or not .. why you’re wrong? Well just look at the proof in the pudding ; we all consider dayz still half way finished even at this “monumental” 1.0 stage , why ? Well because it doesn’t have aerial vehicles , a number of ground vehicles that were promised , and there’s plenty of mechanics tied in with vehicles that they promised (shooting from vehicles , realistic crashing / damage states , etc) that will play into the main core gameplay in a very interesting way in which when we have that we will NEVER WANT TO GO BACK TO THE OLD LOOT AND SHOOT WALKING SIMULATOR .

Just because the devs are taking their sweet ass time to place the main gameplay core in the game , does NOT MEAN that vehicles , driving them , and interacting with all the fun mechanics that they involve are non-core gameplay mechanics . If this game was at an actual 1.0 stage and not a gimmicky “buy me now for Xmas before you realize I’m not finished” stage , then we all would realize very quickly that your opinion is dead wrong ; crafting endlessly and “survival elements” are not the core gameplay , they are apart of it but they certainly aren’t the only core gameplay mechanics and to think that makes me think you’re more of a Minecraft player than a dayz player .

The future of dayz is constantly being plagued by people with very small ambitions (core gameplay = crafting and survival ? Maybe if this were some sad cookie cutter game.... but this is dayz and we should be striving for BETTER) let alone the new interns with no integrity or plans for the future ; please don’t jump on that bandwagon just because yu like dayz how it is now ; I’ve been here since day one and can tell you that vehicles and all their other mechanics will absolutely be a core gameplay loop , just because it isn’t now means nothing , and just because you are having fun endlessly crafting and surviving with no other purpose doesn’t mean that vehicles and higher mechanics like that aren’t essential core gameplay loops / mechanics .

Dont let the interns have their way ; dayz use to be a passion project with nothing but ambition and high hopes , now with these types of comments (yours) and the slow slow pace of development even after a shallow 1.0, the game seems doomed for a mediocre , watered down version of its former self . The only way we can break away from this fate is if we boycott their laziness and content-less patches and tell them that we are concerned every time we see a weak patch like the one that just came through on experimental branch today - no new content just very small fixes .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

cars (and eventually basebuilding) were added to give dayz an endgame.  and no i have never played minecraft and yes i have been playing dayz since the start and have been active on these forums since long before the switch to the new format (made a new acct when the switch was made due to lack of ability to remember passwords).  the game was intended to be a survival simulator where you created your own story and played in a world full of other survivors.  

no you should not be able to log in, walk for 6 mins and have an ak and a fully functioning car and 7 mil tents on your way to make a base.  these should all be goals for after your character has scoured the wasteland for 30-50 hours of gameplay (with luck).

it is supposed to be hard and is supposed to center around trying not to die.  if you wanted a game that was all about driving/flying/basebuilding then why have you been following dayz? wouldnt fortnite, or gta be more up your alley.  hell you could go play minecraft for that matter.  

attacking me for thinking that luxury items are endgame and that you should have to search long and work hard isnt very productive is it? being upset that i think in game mechanics are more 'core gameplay' than item content (yes cars are merely items to make survival easier IF YOU PUT THE WORK IN). 

well im sorry that me looking at the game objectively for what its supposed to be and not joining your witchhunt of the devs offends you.  unfortunately you can yell and scream and rev ur engine as much as you want it wont change anything or get you anywhere.  the game is what it is and will hopefully one day be what we all hope it will be. 

for the record, if they never added vehicles at all, and all the game mechanics were funtioning properly we would all still have a great time playing.

• Beans 1

So, the company that developed DayZ put out this gameplay trailer and it showcases cars and basebuilding in their 1.0 release.   Cars and basebuilding, more often than not, don't work.  It's that simple.

It's not hard to find cars, but I guess it is rare to find one that you can get into, start, and not randomly die to.  Seems pretty authentic to me. 

• Beans 3

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

why would cars be considered "core gameplay"? the game played for a few good years and we all had a blast before they braught in the first v3s.  

Cars WEREN'T a part of core gameplay. That is until stamina and base building became a part of said core. Let me know how long it takes you to get the parts you need to accomplish anything in the core gameplay loop, long term without a faster means of transportation. Try picking up a barrel and travelling more than 100 meters with it. 

• Beans 3

2 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

The future of dayz is constantly being plagued by people with very small ambitions 

Very much this !! 

The original idea of DayZ by Dean was not a walking simulator with some lame survival and gunplay elements ( which it currently is). The simulation of a human society collaps caused by whatever (in our case a global pandemic) should be so much more than just running around looking for food, staying warm and having some PVP at NWA. Creativity is completely missing since a good while, seeing the devs being focused on technical aspects only ( I personnally give a fuck about 60 FPS or clunkyness as long as the gameplay is brilliant)

Forcing players to venture north away from the coast to get high tier loot, making cars completey wrecked ( which I only find annoying) and making controls overcomplicated is their only idea to make this game feel unforgiven and harsh....and that is why we so desperately need CORE CONTENT like cars, more weapons, helicopters, boats, planes, barricading and especially real interesting game mechanics to make it long time fun..creating communities , having clan wars but also have the lone survivors in between all this chaos...etc etc etc

For me DayZ  has become more and more a casual, console orientated survival shooter and not even a good one....

and this is what makes me so disappointed and finally has driven me away now after 6 years of playing and waiting ( more waiting that is)...the lack of content and technical problems/bugs but a lot more the missing creativity bad gameplay decisions and a core community that gets a boner just because they can run around the map having 60 FPS and then  pretend to play a harsh survival game which is not even true at the current state...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

40 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Cars WEREN'T a part of core gameplay. That is until stamina and base building became a part of said core. Let me know how long it takes you to get the parts you need to accomplish anything in the core gameplay loop, long term without a faster means of transportation. Try picking up a barrel and travelling more than 100 meters with it. 

that is precisely why cars are endgame luxury items.  you work your ass off to get them and then as long as you can keep them you gain the benefit of faster travel and the ability to carry more.  

and yes i agree they are great to have, but they are not neccessary by any means.  just as having a base itself is not neccessary.  

the only things actually neccessary in a survival simulator are things that make it hard to survive, and the mechanics you need to survive these things.  everything else is sprinkles on top

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, Seitan said:

Where's all the cars anyway? (official servers) Groups stash them edge of the map?

Yes.

6FYljhB.jpg

lpIeBT3.jpg

Also, there is only one of the 12 planned vehicles currently in game, here is all of them.

V3S_Cargo.png?version=6ff78175052c98d70b

dayz-sedan-showcase-album-dayz-standalon

Ikarus-bus.png?version=5e7e31fdc2684e3c3dayz-little-bird-new-photos-2.jpg

dayz-dirt-bike-w-i-p-preview-dayz-2.jpg

800px-Bumblebee1.png?version=0ba936eba68

800px-Multicar_1.png?version=36fe850be39

800px-Sarka120-1.png?version=9c42723fb12

767px-C33368b3088ba4a4656ecc458588d2c2.j

800px-Van.jpg?version=2848ce3662d2111f7b

Dayz-bicycle-wip1.jpg?version=44a9be3fd0

Edited by Buakaw
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

5 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

that is precisely why cars are endgame luxury items.  you work your ass off to get them and then as long as you can keep them you gain the benefit of faster travel and the ability to carry more.  

and yes i agree they are great to have, but they are not neccessary by any means.  just as having a base itself is not neccessary.  

the only things actually neccessary in a survival simulator are things that make it hard to survive, and the mechanics you need to survive these things.  everything else is sprinkles on top

You're not following this. If it's in the game now, the devs have dubbed it part of "core" gameplay. You are arguing a point that's irrelevant in addition to being wrong. No one cares how you pedantically define it. We just wanted them to work, since they are, in fact, in the 1.0 "core" of DayZ, per the devs own description.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Beans 2

The first car is hard to make. Once you found and repaired one, you just drive around, scout for new cars and industrial loot, and get more.

Currently playing on a roleplay server (where PvP is disallowed), managed to make myself 4 cars and every day I play I can usually find and assemble one, and give away to someone in the community (who plays on that server).

kbbxUlv.jpg

20 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

So no , you’re wrong , cars as vehicles ARE apart of core gameplay wether you like it or not ..

So true. Vehicles is a must in DayZ. To bad that the devs is always overworking their soultions. No, you shouldnt have to look for a radiator, oil etc for cars. The devs started in the wrong end. Make the cars drivable First. Then you can fool around with accessories.

Btw, this isnt 1.0. More like 0.64. You just cant remove a lot of content and when 2018 came to an end and in a hurry release "1.0" just because you more or less promised this in late 2017. What happened with 0.65, 0.65.0.66 etc up to 1.0?

Edited by droid002
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Yes lots of bad decisions by the devs lately . Can they pull themselves out of this stupor ? I really hope so . I’ve been playing this game since the ripped copy showed up on utorrent around December 10th 2013 .... I loved every second of this game and it’s development until Brian Hicks left (that started to raise red flags , his departure was swift and unwarranted , also very surprising as he had no intention of leaving the project until it was finished - he left FAR before we even hit “beta”).

They can pull this around and create a game worth playing , but for fucks sake devs, to do that you need to come back from vacation and work on an ACTUAL patch that adds loads of missing promised content and fixes A TON . That’s what we need right now , a massive patch with not only missing guns , vehicles , items and mechanics , but also a fat QOL / bug fix patch to really get us back into the positive vibe this game was on before they fucking pile drived it into a fat pool of Xmas cash .

4 hours ago, droid002 said:

What happened with 0.65, 0.65.0.66 etc up to 1.0?

BI had a contract with valve that they had to release the game until the end of 2018

• Sad 1

Camped the tents above Topolka dam, was surprised to see a squad of 5 run down the road from Mogilevka. Too far away, and they didn't stop moving, didn't take a shot. They headed towards Elektro and I followed them. A lot of gunshots, some snipers illuminated near the hill church and on the docks. I just stayed in the hills watching.

Saw a couple guys kill someone after a short battle west of Elektro. They looted his corpse, one went back into town, the other ran towards Cherno. He was checking through every damn building west of the gas station, so I was able to get in front of him, sit on the cliffs and wait for him to run by. Went according to plan. A bit of DayZ mod feels this session. A nice way to end the evening.

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

They can pull this around and create a game worth playing , but for fucks sake devs, to do that you need to come back from vacation and work on an ACTUAL patch that adds loads of missing promised content and fixes A TON . That’s what we need right now , a massive patch with not only missing guns , vehicles , items and mechanics , but also a fat QOL / bug fix patch to really get us back into the positive vibe this game was on before they fucking pile drived it into a fat pool of Xmas cash .

So, in order to satisfy the pew pew kiddies who want moar guns they should leave the game buggy and broken even worse than it already is? You do realize that they mentioned that it's better for them in the long run to make the game stable and improve performance before adding new content as that would just compound the problems even further and make things harder on them in the long run. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

So, in order to satisfy the pew pew kiddies who want moar guns they should leave the game buggy and broken even worse than it already is? You do realize that they mentioned that it's better for them in the long run to make the game stable and improve performance before adding new content as that would just compound the problems even further and make things harder on them in the long run. 

Agreed.  I hope they spend at least Q1 of 2019 stabilizing, performance enhancing and bug fixing.  At the moment, the AI bug out on a full server, the servers crash far too often causing persistence issues, the server browser needs work -- these types of problems need addressing before we get any major new content because more content means more bugs and the game is buggy enough as it is now.

• Beans 2

11 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

they mentioned that it's better for them in the long run to make the game stable and improve performance before adding new content as that would just compound the problems even further and make things harder on them in the long run. 

Pretty sure it was the other way around: you add content first and optimize later, as everytime you add new stuff, old stuff may break, causing you double the work.

I mean you always do a little of both, adding new stuff and optimizing, but the real path to optimization begins when all the content is in place to be optimized.

Edited by Buakaw
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Did you read anything I said buddy ? Quality of life fixes , Major game breaking bugs AND LONG PROMISED CONTENT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON . You really don’t know what reading and or reading comprehension is do you super fan?

1 hour ago, Buakaw said:

Pretty sure it was the other way around: you add content first and optimize later, as everytime you add new stuff, old stuff may break, causing you double the work.

I mean you always do a little of both, adding new stuff and optimizing, but the real path to optimization begins when all the content is in place to be optimized.

Alpha was meant for adding content , they fucked themselves over by rushing through the last stages of alpha when TONS OF CONTENT was ready to be added , yet they just wanted to fulfill the Xbox kiddohs dreams and let them purchase dayz on Xbox even though the devs repeatedly said that they wouldn’t start to work on Xbox version until the pc version was at beta or 1.0 .

They rushed through the end of their games dev cycle for a few extra bucks , and now they are paying for it . Worst thing is we have beta cucks like LordBlackwolf trying to pretend that it’s still beta or some shit and that the devs didn’t rush through alpha to satisfy kids like him who just want to blindly throw money at the project . 

Let me tell you once more little princess black wolf : alpha is for adding content , beta is for stabilizing , and post 1.0 is for both - especially if the devs fuck up like the dayz devs did and rush through the alpha time that’s meant for adding ALL the content planned , not pushing 50% of it back post 1.0 just so they can drag their feet on the pc version and instead work vigorously on the Xbox version and some crap new game no one  asked for (vigor) .

Overall , anyone who’s been here longer than the fake beta they gave us will attest that this game and its devs are Changing for the worst . Here we sit at dayz 1.0 with broken persistence , abusable duping glitches , broken ai including zombies , no zombie hordes unless you’re stupid enough to sit and shoot all your ammo in the middle of Cherno (that’s not a dynamic horde like they talked about all these years of adding) , and tons of content missing all the while we have super delusional fans like lord black bitch trying to tell us that WERE impatient , and over entitled for wanting what I paid for 5 years ago and constantly giving my support all the way up until the toxic beta that cut our alpha short by about a year ? 

If you have any intelligence or integrity at all black wolf , you will open your eyes and see it for what it is . These devs don’t communicate with us anymore , if it is it’s to push back important content or to tell us things will take longer than expected , or to tell us that there’s a new exp patch that adds nothing but a half of a baby step towards one small bug fix - THIS IS THE PACE OF A GAME READY TO GO DORMANT . You don’t have to be angry , yu don’t have to stop playing , you just have to stop being such a beta boy whenever someone says something truthful about your precious dayz ; we get it , your obsessed . That doesn’t mean we all have to be blindly obsessed with the game as well . 

Give us the 1.0 that we supported through visions and money years ago , don’t continue to disappoint us with dragging heels , underwhelming patches and addicted overly defensive super-fans, dayz devs . I can’t wait for the monumental patch that will put this game back on track and make everyone want to play again . 

6 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Did you read anything I said buddy ? Quality of life fixes , Major game breaking bugs AND LONG PROMISED CONTENT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON . You really don’t know what reading and or reading comprehension is do you fanboy ?

Sure I do but I'm guessing you're the one with the reading comprehension problem though as you would've read the part where I said "adding new content would compound the problem" as even the developers themselves have stated that adding new content before stabilizing the game and improving it's performance would be beneficial to them in the long run as adding more content would introduce more bugs and cause even bigger headaches for the team. Besides, who says that LONG PROMISED CONTENT isn't being worked on as we speak? Just because we haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Btw, if you think calling me a "fanboy" insults me or even bothers me it doesn't as it shows you have a very low maturity level when you resort to name calling.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Let me tell you once more little princess black wolf : alpha is for adding content , beta is for stabilizing , and post 1.0 is for both - especially if the devs fuck up like the dayz devs did and rush through the alpha time that’s meant for adding ALL the content planned , not pushing 50% of it back post 1.0 just so they can drag their feet on the pc version and instead work vigorously on the Xbox version and some crap new game no one  asked for (vigor) .

Oh, so you have to resort to even more name calling to make you seem better or even feel better about yourself? Come now, I would expect a child to resort to name calling but someone who's a...... oh, nevermind. You've already shown your maturity level by name calling in 2 different posts so you're no longer worth replying to.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Sure I do but I'm guessing you're the one with the reading comprehension problem though as you would've read the part where I said "adding new content would compound the problem" as even the developers themselves have stated that adding new content before stabilizing the game and improving it's performance would be beneficial to them in the long run as adding more content would introduce more bugs and cause even bigger headaches for the team. Besides, who says that LONG PROMISED CONTENT isn't being worked on as we speak? Just because we haven't seen it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Btw, if you think calling me a "fanboy" insults me or even bothers me it doesn't as it shows you have a very low maturity level when you resort to name calling.

We’re you even here for the actual alpha ? You do realize we aren’t in alpha anymore buddy ? You do realize ALPHAS ARE FOR ADDING CONTENT . So if you can actually comprehend what I wrote , you will know that the devs screwed themselves by cutting alpha short , does that give them a get out of jail free card ? Hell no , in any case they should be working their asses off to cover for their mistake , also they have stabbed the original backers in the back twice now by telling us they won’t work on the Xbox version until the Pc version was complete , that was a lie , or a misdirection , or maybe in your mind it was completely justified I’m sure ....

They also stated that they would push out all of their content they had set out for the 2017 roadmap before alpha ended whenever that would have been , guess what happened ? Alpha ended and 25-50% of the promised content was pushed for post 1.0 as we rushed through a fake beta period that was only what a month or so long ... 

The devs used to do everything the RIGHT WAY , now they are acting shady and rushing things , telling us their publisher (bi) doesn’t care if they take their time so why on earth did they rush the alpha into beta into full release considering the community is was begging to extend the alpha / beta ? Myself and I believe many others (I’m pretty sure including YOURSELF) agreed that the beta was coming too fast , and that when the beta came we all unanimously agreed that it had so many issues that it needed to be extended , yet it wasn’t ... why do you think they would go against the wishes of the public and end alpha , push through beta as fast as possible while stating that their publisher doesn’t care to rush them ? We as players have all rushed them at one point or another to get the game done,  but when shit hit the fan during beta we all completely 100% agreed it would be best if the game wasn’t put out to 1.0 right away , yet they forced it out right before Xmas ...

Clearly there’s a third shady act going down as we speak ; either bi DOES CARE about how fast dayz needed to be pushed out , or there was some hidden ulterior motive to push it out before 2018 ended (holiday sales much?) . Overall as a day one fan boy from dayz mod and dayz sa , im just incredibly disappointed that this is how they chose to run the end of their project . Oh well , there’s always hope that they come back from this vacation and crush it with massive new QOL , bug fix AND NEW CONTENT patches . 

7 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

We’re you even here for the actual alpha ? You do realize we aren’t in alpha anymore buddy ? You do realize ALPHAS ARE FOR ADDING CONTENT . So if you can actually comprehend what I wrote , you will know that the devs screwed themselves by cutting alpha short , does that give them a get out of jail free card ? Hell no , in any case they should be working their asses off to cover for their mistake , also they have stabbed the original backers in the back twice now by telling us they won’t work on the Xbox version until the Pc version was complete , that was a lie , or a misdirection , or maybe in your mind it was completely justified I’m sure ....

They also stated that they would push out all of their content they had set out for the 2017 roadmap before alpha ended whenever that would have been , guess what happened ? Alpha ended and 25-50% of the promised content was pushed for post 1.0 as we rushed through a fake beta period that was only what a month or so long ... 

The devs used to do everything the RIGHT WAY , now they are acting shady and rushing things , telling us their publisher (bi) doesn’t care if they take their time so why on earth did they rush the alpha into beta into full release considering the community is was begging to extend the alpha / beta ? Myself and I believe many others (I’m pretty sure including YOURSELF) agreed that the beta was coming too fast , and that when the beta came we all unanimously agreed that it had so many issues that it needed to be extended , yet it wasn’t ... why do you think they would go against the wishes of the public and end alpha , push through beta as fast as possible while stating that their publisher doesn’t care to rush them ? We as players have all rushed them at one point or another to get the game done,  but when shit hit the fan during beta we all completely 100% agreed it would be best if the game wasn’t put out to 1.0 right away , yet they forced it out right before Xmas ...

Clearly there’s a third shady act going down as we speak ; either bi DOES CARE about how fast dayz needed to be pushed out , or there was some hidden ulterior motive to push it out before 2018 ended (holiday sales much?) . Overall as a day one fan boy from dayz mod and dayz sa , im just incredibly disappointed that this is how they chose to run the end of their project . Oh well , there’s always hope that they come back from this vacation and crush it with massive new QOL , bug fix AND NEW CONTENT patches . 

I was here in alpha and I agree that the developers screwed up when they cut the alpha short and rushed to add a bunch of content that was untested into the game. i do realize what ALPHA is for, but I will let you pretend to be superior and super smart and know everything while everyone else knows nothing. You, however, are missing the point completely as you seem to be stuck  on the fact that normally in an alpha stage developers cram in a bunch of features and then optimize those features and fix bugs in the beta stage. While that may be true, you fail to realize that the developers realized that if they continue adding content without stabilizing the game first it may end up in such a state that it would be damn near impossible to fix current bugs as well as any that may arise after adding tons of content.

I'm guessing that you fail to realize that while those expectations may have seemed good on paper with the scope and direction that DayZ headed in those expectations by the developers ended up being anything but realistic as they may not have accounted for the work that was actually needed in order to implement content with the depth and features that they were aiming for so they had to push things back that would've taken more time and work than was available to them.

i agree with you again that in the beginning things were heading in the right direction and that things started appearing shady/odd when they started rushing things all the while making the claim that BI didn't care how long they took to work on the game. You're right, I was one of the many users who said that they were rushing things and should slow down and iron out the issues that plagued the game as well as adding content that was missing from the game so that it would be on parity with what we had in 0.62 so that when they did actually reach the beta stage they could work on fixing any game breaking bugs and improving performance. I've never once stated that I agree with this new direction either as I still think it was a huge mistake the way they are handling things, but I am trying to remain optimistic that things will improve and we will all get the game we know DayZ can be. As for why do I think that they went against the communities wishes and released it anyway? While they may have made the claim that BI didn't care how long it took for them to work on the game, I have a strong feeling that BI is the reason that they rushed the game and released it in such a mess. 

I understand where you're coming from and I feel the same way about being disappointed that the game was released the way it was, and like you,  hope that they will be able to fix the mess they're in with their premature release and improve the game so that the community will get the game that we have all been waiting so long for. 

So I have a batch file that updates my server files.  It's a rented server (bare iron that I built and manage).  When I run it, it says the files are up to date, but when I start the server, it shows version 1.0.149974, not 1.0.150000.  I tried branch 233780 and 223350.  Same result.  Here's my batch file:

Spoiler

@echo off
@rem http://media.steampowered.com/installer/steamcmd.zip
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

:: DEFINE the following variables where applicable to your install

SET STEAMLOGIN=*********** **************
    SET DZSAserverBRANCH=233780 -beta
        :: For stable use 233780 -beta
        :: For Dev use 233780 -beta development
                :: Note, the missing qotation marks, these need to be wrapped around the entire "+app_data......"
                :: There is no DEV branch data yet for Arma 3 Dedicated Server package !!!

SET DZSAPath=E:\DAYZStandalone
        SET STEAMPATH=C:\Steamcmd

:: _________________________________________________________

echo.
echo     You are about to update the DZSA server
echo        Dir: %DZSAPath%
echo        Branch: %DZSAserverBRANCH%
echo.
echo     Key "ENTER" to proceed
pause
%STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %DZSAPath% +"app_update %DZSAServerBRANCH%" validate +quit
echo .
echo     Your DAYZ Standalone server is now up to date
echo     key "ENTER" to exit
pause

What am I missing to get it to update to 1.0.150000?