Tom_48_97

Stable Update 1.0.150000

1 hour ago, liquidcactus said:

Has anybody seen any community 1pp servers ? Specifically Australian servers. I dont really see many RP or "survival" focused servers.. i see alot of  3xLOOT | NO STAMINA. Most of the servers dont seem to like night time much. Which too be honest, is starting to scare me.

I launched one as of today -- 1PP, survival, time synced to actual server time, so there's a few hours of night.  Server is in Seattle, so don't know what your ping is to there from Aus, but check it out if you like:

• Like 1

My server has on some occasional got this flooding in the server windows. Seems someones disconnect get stuck.

https://gyazo.com/8cb80a14afada6a263e519ea017e07bc

This is sometimes causing lag on server and only way to get rid of it is to restart server. However if you let it be for an hour or so the server-windows will become completely frozen and only way to close it is a task-kill.  The window will become 100% unresponsive but server is still running. 

Edited by Relic77

10 hours ago, drgullen said:

I launched one as of today -- 1PP, survival, time synced to actual server time, so there's a few hours of night.  Server is in Seattle, so don't know what your ping is to there from Aus, but check it out if you like:

Thanx drgullen, i will check it out for sure. I get better ping to america than the eu thats for sure :D

22 hours ago, Parazight said:

It's not a bug.  Right now, you can only have one character per hive.  So, one character for official/public.  One for community/public.  One for each 1pp-only variant of those hives.  One for each private hive. 

You can't have multiple characters for official+public, for example.

thanks for clarification mate

Just a normal dayz. These piggies didn't want to end up on the Christmas table. So they escaped into the roof. So funny every time. Zeds running after them around the barn.

bXuooJC.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

@Tom_48_97 Can you comment on the status of persistence? Can I start to build a base or are there issues with the items saving through server restarts or server crashes?

So devs you gonna come back to work on the game or you stuck in Xmas break ? I wish I could take 69,420 days off when there’s work to be done , but I only got Xmas off (and barely). 

Must be nice to have such kush jobs and not have to worry at all about the mess being left on the table .

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

i try to be patient AF

but i gotta agree, atm. having a bit more communication, like a few statements per day, would do a lot of good

especially since persistence problems not only make stuff disappear, but also players

• Beans 2

9 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

So devs you gonna come back to work on the game or you stuck in Xmas break ? I wish I could take 69,420 days off when there’s work to be done , but I only got Xmas off (and barely). 

Must be nice to have such kush jobs and not have to worry at all about the mess being left on the table .

guess you didnt get the tweets that they had a server up today working on fixes

10 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

guess you didnt get the tweets that they had a server up today working on fixes

That was yesterday and nice that they let us know over here as well. Why bother with your official communication platform anyway, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 5

I do hope Tent and Barrel placement is improved.

• Beans 2

A little bit of a rant.  I'm fucking fed up with night time.  I have to stop playing as a completely black screen is no way to play a game.  Yes I know there are light sources in the game, but that doesn't help with navigation and I find results in death by zombie as you might see one, but not the other 3 in the area that come to join the fight.  And on the server list are not displaying the correct time.  I have lost count of the servers that say its daytime and I log in to find its actually night time.  This has been talked about a lot, but it seams that the deves are being slow to fix this.

23 minutes ago, Fing said:

A little bit of a rant.  I'm fucking fed up with night time.  I have to stop playing as a completely black screen is no way to play a game.  Yes I know there are light sources in the game, but that doesn't help with navigation and I find results in death by zombie as you might see one, but not the other 3 in the area that come to join the fight.  And on the server list are not displaying the correct time.  I have lost count of the servers that say its daytime and I log in to find its actually night time.  This has been talked about a lot, but it seams that the deves are being slow to fix this.

For what its worth you can craft a torch with rag + stick but obviously need matches. I am loving nighttime but its hard to find a good server that actually has night time working long enough. 

15 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

For what its worth you can craft a torch with rag + stick but obviously need matches. I am loving nighttime but its hard to find a good server that actually has night time working long enough. 

You don't need matches. You can craft a drill kit.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:17 AM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

So true. Release the game out of Alpha after 5 years and then the following week they leave. Oh, just talk to your server providers and get them to do a bunch of shit they can't do to resolve the persistence stuff that we fucked up. Cheers. 

Pure awesomesauce. 

Edited by eno

13 hours ago, sethxdeath said:

You don't need matches. You can craft a drill kit.

Yes indeed, i remembered but was a bit lazy and didnt add that bit 

On 6.1.2019 at 9:54 AM, Fing said:

use dayzsalauncher to find servers. it has its own server list afaik, so if you miss one you can add it on their homepage. once your character is made, you can rejoin anytime.

if you prefer to play public, you can also try to look at dayzspy, copy the ip / port there.

there are day-only server, or short-night servers out there. but i agree, the default settings should do less night time.

On 7.1.2019 at 3:21 AM, eno said:

Release the game out of Alpha after 5 years and then the following week they leave.

i think there was some activity already. but using twitter to communicate is imho not enough. in fact, i think they should really realize, that now after release, they should have had daily activity, posts, replies, etc. at least for a few months, but i can also imagine, that now they are filled up with bug-reports, and stress is palpable.

my biggest issue is, that bohemia should have actually put way over 50% of its effort into this game instead of the felt 5%. It is by far the most viable product next to the hardcore-fanbase stuff they produce. or could be. if they get their ? together. because the niche is closing, where arma operated.

Just want the so called "core gameplay" of DayZ working probably. That's what was told and now I want to play it. I want to setup a little camp, searching for a car and hide it in the woods. Right now with Lada/Ada/helicopter2.0 and the persistence broken because of server crashes it's poorly not possible. I don't have time to fix a car for several hours, just to let the car fly around the whole chernarus map or build a base, manage all that stuff and after server crashes it gets vanished. It would be ok for me if it's an alpha or beta built... but it's not! It's full release of DayZ. So please give me my core gameplay loop working.

Yes...core gameplay loop...not working.

Think red dead redemption without horses or gran turismo without cars.

And from twitter....next status report is maybe at the end of the month.

range finder = level release game
game messages for range information it's a victory

haha

Edited by BUGS-BUNNY

36 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Yes...core gameplay loop...not working.

Think red dead redemption without horses or gran turismo without cars.

And from twitter....next status report is maybe at the end of the month.

Can you link me to that tweet? I was actually hoping for a Status Report today and hoping for the roadmap and the road forward in 2019.

• Beans 1

Where's all the cars anyway? (official servers) Groups stash them edge of the map? Why can't there be like 100 cars on server or more? It's not very player friendly if it takes a week to find a single car. Exploring the map on foot just gets too booring after few nights.

1 minute ago, Seitan said:

Where's all the cars anyway? (official servers) Groups stash them edge of the map? Why can't there be like 100 cars on server or more? It's not very player friendly if it takes a week to find a single car. Exploring the map on foot just gets too booring after few nights.

Unless they are really stashed away by players, I'm sure that I would find at least 1 car for you.

6 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Vehicles are supposed to be rare and therefore valuable.

37 minutes ago, IMT said:

Can you link me to that tweet? I was actually hoping for a Status Report today and hoping for the roadmap and the road forward in 2019.

There is still some planning in progress, as the release kept us quite busy in December.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ImpulZ said:

Vehicles are supposed to be rare and therefore valuable.

There is still some planning in progress, as the release kept us quite busy in December.

Damn, was hoping for one today. Guess it'll only be better and juicier by that time. Thanks for the reply.