Tom_48_97

Stable Update 1.0.150000

22 hours ago, tandwan said:

Because almost every issue that is brought up has been beat to death on this forum at one point or another since 1.0 launch. Some people don't even search this forum, or even use Google to search for an issue before they decide to make another thread about it

I know we have a thread about ghost bullets because I've replied to that three different times. To come here and claim that you have no idea about it is stupid and shows laziness because if you search this site on the first page of general discussion there are no less then two threads there.

If you can't find it there check bug reports. I mean at this point there's absolutely no excuse why people haven't read about one of the well known bugs except laziness. That's why I'm annoyed all to hell at some of you people.  Before you make ANOTHER thread instead of taking 5 minutes and see if it's already been talked about. 

Sorry not sorry. 

This thread about Stable Patch Discussion 

On 22.12.2018 at 5:17 PM, Tom_48_97 said:

Changelog

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. Especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups, and if you encounter server crashes, report them with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.
  • Upon first spawning in with an old character, it can suffer from bleeding. You might have to bandage multiple times to stop the bleeding.
  • The launcher may stop working if more than 20 workshop mods are subscribed.

Notes

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q. 

Users write about the problems that need to be solved. Ghost bullets for example. I wrote about this issue 12/23/2018.

Is this information added to the list of known issues? Not.

In response, only heard about what we are stupid.

This is what I call "working" with the community.

Please introduce the following situation:
You have purchased an apartment in a house under construction. You immediately paid the money. You waited 5 years. You come to your apartment and see that the water from the tap then flows then it does not flow. There are wallpapers on the walls but only in the toilet. The doors don't open, and when they open they try to fall on you and kill you. When you try to turn on the light it hits you with a current. And your things for some reason constantly disappear from the apartment.
I think you will not complain about these annoying little things. You will not go to court. Just wait another five years.

Well finally got a car to run.  Worked out it needs a lot of water and oil to stop the engine from being damaged.  Once that was sorted it drove like shit.   Steering was useless and not being able to steer when breaking resulted in a lot of crashes.   Why are the cars in such a poor state?  Also I was running with a tyre in my hand got zombie agro and died as it took too long to change to my axe.  Surley they should have the mechanic that you drop it for your weapon?   What was a fun game is rapidly diminishing with all these little issues.   Oh well its day F**** z.

Does anyone know what the 1.7MB update was this morning? Nothing on the forums here under the Stable releases...

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Does anyone know what the 1.7MB update was this morning? Nothing on the forums here under the Stable releases...

Was there an update? I'm only seeing 39 official servers now for public third-person. They have a 50 player limit instead of the usual 60 player limit.

16 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

1.7MB? Probably the slamming gate sound file they forgot to put into 1.0.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, remastyi said:

Please introduce the following situation:
You have purchased an apartment in a house under construction. You immediately paid the money. You waited 5 years. You come to your apartment and see that the water from the tap then flows then it does not flow. There are wallpapers on the walls but only in the toilet. The doors don't open, and when they open they try to fall on you and kill you. When you try to turn on the light it hits you with a current. And your things for some reason constantly disappear from the apartment.
I think you will not complain about these annoying little things. You will not go to court. Just wait another five years.

You bought it at half-price. And with all this you moved in there while it was still in construction and held parties, thrashed the place. For five years still. There's got to be something else wrong there heheh

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, cirkular said:

You bought it at half-price. And with all this you moved in there while it was still in construction and held parties, thrashed the place. For five years still. There's got to be something else wrong there heheh

You would like to say that it was the builders who organized five years parties with our money. You have been told that the accommodation is ready for you to move to it. And now when people came to their homes, they saw that the house was still unfinished. And all the questions in why it happened you get answers that it’s already told to everyone that the roof of the house is leaking, people's things disappear, and there are many other problems, but everyone knows everything about them and there is nothing to be outraged.
I am sure that you will certainly say that there are no problems, I will wait another 5 years. I love to wait.

Party time

Edited by remastyi

4 hours ago, remastyi said:

I am sure that you will certainly say that there are no problems, I will wait another 5 years. I love to wait.

Well, you're wrong about that :) I did have fun all this time though, despite the long and painful development. Nothing in our power to do there except feedback. And, it's not like we paid a hefty amount.

Anyway, I just wanted to make more fun on your apartment analogy, that's all, no offense or denial from here.

21 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Anyone else get a 21.9 MB update today?

My update was 1.7 MB.

39 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

My update was 1.7 MB.

Did you guys read correctly? I got a 1.7 MB update as well but it was Workshop related.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Did you guys read correctly? I got a 1.7 MB update as well but it was Workshop related.

You and all your sense. 

Geesh. 

I like the apartment analogy better. At least it had nothing to do with it... 

Edited by eno

12 hours ago, IMT said:

Mine said DayZ, not DayZ Workshop and when I ran a Steam update on my server, it updated some files.

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Mine said DayZ, not DayZ Workshop and when I ran a Steam update on my server, it updated some files.

Weird, I've had no updates since the 150000 stable update last weekend.

persistence is not working at current build (public hive).  in some cases (unknown) containers like tents,barrels,... will be deleted.

it happens when a lot of items were stored in the containers, all placed in a near radius circle. it seems that this causes the lost of containers at next restart for some reason.

test environment: 2 tents full, 1 barrel full, one backpack with gear placed on ground...

Edited by Funkdoc

4 hours ago, Funkdoc said:

persistence is not working at current build (public hive).  in some cases (unknown) containers like tents,barrels,... will be deleted.

it happens when a lot of items were stored in the containers, all placed in a near radius circle. it seems that this causes the lost of containers at next restart for some reason.

test environment: 2 tents full, 1 barrel full, one backpack with gear placed on ground...

The cause of lost persistent items is servers crashing or not being shut down properly. BI has already stated this. Hopefully they'll come up with a way to protect persistent items is the event of a server crash.

9 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Grrr

Hello. It was here that we paid the money and waited five years. Happy new year.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:36 AM, -Gews- said:

Grrr

*guy runs into your aim*

*server freezes*

*link related starts playing*

Edited by Buakaw
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

i am still not able to play different characters. character A is my teamplay character, and character B is my singleplayer one. when i select character B and join a server, i join as character A. it seems to reset my selection always to a default character (A).please solve this bug in the upcoming patch for it is a really anoying one.

kind reguards

MathTheRender

24 minutes ago, MathTheRender said:

i am still not able to play different characters. character A is my teamplay character, and character B is my singleplayer one. when i select character B and join a server, i join as character A. it seems to reset my selection always to a default character (A).please solve this bug in the upcoming patch for it is a really anoying one.

kind reguards

MathTheRender

It's not a bug.  Right now, you can only have one character per hive.  So, one character for official/public.  One for community/public.  One for each 1pp-only variant of those hives.  One for each private hive. 

You can't have multiple characters for official+public, for example.

Has anybody seen any community 1pp servers ? Specifically Australian servers. I dont really see many RP or "survival" focused servers.. i see alot of  3xLOOT | NO STAMINA. Most of the servers dont seem to like night time much. Which too be honest, is starting to scare me.

Edited by liquidcactus

On 2018-12-30 at 8:27 AM, Funkdoc said:

-snip-

Nooooo!!!! another Funk...... must find myself some form of sword..... there can be only one.....