Tom_48_97

Stable Update 1.0.150000

Hello Survivors,

A new update containing a few fixes has been released. 

Changelog

Fixed

• Fixed: The heavy melee attacks were not functioning correctly
  • Fixed: Torso cloth item could become invisible after using hand-held optics
  • Fixed: Loading a magazine from the quick-bar wasn't terminating until the magazine was full or the ammunition stack depleted
  • Fixed: The server messages (offline database) weren't functional

Known Issues

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. Especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups, and if you encounter server crashes, report them with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.
  • Upon first spawning in with an old character, it can suffer from bleeding. You might have to bandage multiple times to stop the bleeding.
  • The launcher may stop working if more than 20 workshop mods are subscribed.

Notes

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q. 
  • Beans 6

Yeah great idea guys, keep coming out with crappy little updates over the Christmas period because everyone sits at their PC all day waiting for the next silly little update to stop their server working rather than spending time with friends and family.

I guess that decision making coin you guys flip is almost perfectly smooth by now.

enjoy : Take it easy over Christmas, BI people.. don't do anything I wouldn't do.

xxP

18 minutes ago, Dongleberry said:

Yeah great idea guys, keep coming out with crappy little updates over the Christmas period because everyone sits at their PC all day waiting for the next silly little update to stop their server working rather than spending time with friends and family.

I guess that decision making coin you guys flip is almost perfectly smooth by now.

Do you expect them to work all through Christmas and New Years to make whiny people like you happy? It's better to have little patches than none at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Enjoy your holidays, devs.

On the other hand, does anybody have any experience with basebuilding on official servers? I'd like to build a base but last time I built it (which was before 1.0) I had issues with persistence wipe every day. Does that still happen? How often does it happen to you? I really want to build a small base and fix a car.

47 minutes ago, Dongleberry said:

You have a great break too Dongleberry ..  don't expect folk to do stuff you wouldn't ever do yourself, even if you could

here's a song for ya 

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*

Thank you for update.

How ever I'd like to downgrade my version back to 1.0.149974 because private server i've been playing in hasn't updated yet. Is it possible to downgrade my client somehow?

12 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

On the other hand, does anybody have any experience with basebuilding on official servers? I'd like to build a base but last time I built it (which was before 1.0) I had issues with persistence wipe every day. Does that still happen? How often does it happen to you? I really want to build a small base and fix a car.

Do not do base building! I just finished a 100 hours test on my private test server. Obviously I was alone on it. I tested base building by building a huge base: 15 tents, 10 watchtowers with fences in-between, I was half-way through of finishing the base, the more base parts I was building the more lags I had, at some point the server started to crash every 3-4 hours and today I had a crash that resulted in the entire base being wiped. I think servers can't handle more that a few (around 30-40) base building items before persistance goes south and ends up wiping everything you've built. Server backups can save the day but since the crashes frequency increases with the amount of persistant items on the server it means you'll have to take down the server every 2 hours to do a full backup. That's something you can do you when you're alone on a test server but not if you want to have 40-60 players having an enjoyable experience.

The server was running on a i7-8700K @4.7 on all cores, 16GB of DDR4 3200 RAM and an nvme SSD drive, so plenty of resources for the server to run smooth.

• Beans 2

5 minutes ago, MaxTheSurvivor said:

Do not do base building! I just finished a 100 hours test on my private test server. Obviously I was alone on it. I tested base building by building a huge base: 15 tents, 10 watchtowers with fences in-between, I was half-way through of finishing the base, the more base parts I was building the more lags I had, at some point the server started to crash every 3-4 hours and today I had a crash that resulted in the entire base being wiped. I think servers can't handle more that a few (around 30-40) base building items before persistance goes south and ends up wiping everything you've built. Server backups can save the day but since the crashes frequency increases with the amount of persistant items on the server it means you'll have to take down the server every 2 hours to do a full backup. That's something you can do you when you're alone on a test server but not if you want to have 40-60 players having an enjoyable experience.

The server was running on a i7-8700K @4.7 on all cores, 16GB of DDR4 3200 RAM and an nvme SSD drive, so plenty of resources for the server to run smooth.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks to the devs for all their hard work!  I hope you have wonderful holidays with your families and I look forward to see what you have in store for us in 2019!

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Do you expect them to work all through Christmas and New Years to make whiny people like you happy? It's better to have little patches than none at all. 

Bless, maybe learn reading before commenting next time.

59 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Yes... it happens on Official and on Private Servers.... STILL. 

I would suggest any server owners sick and tired of base wipes to respond to the below thread and let BI know this is unacceptable right now.

• Beans 1

29 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Yes... it happens on Official and on Private Servers.... STILL. 

But do the servers do auto-saves now? I don't mind if it throws me back 10-15 minutes. It only takes 5-ish minutes to set up the camp, which understanding the odds, will be auto-saved. I don't mess around my tents for a while. I come in, deposit the stuff and then headback towards military bases, so the only important thing to me is that I'll know that my base from, for example yesterday, won't be deleted in 2 days.

41 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

But do the servers do auto-saves now? I don't mind if it throws me back 10-15 minutes. It only takes 5-ish minutes to set up the camp, which understanding the odds, will be auto-saved. I don't mess around my tents for a while. I come in, deposit the stuff and then headback towards military bases, so the only important thing to me is that I'll know that my base from, for example yesterday, won't be deleted in 2 days.

The issue is convoluted due to the fact that it’s not global. So you may lose a tent but no one els does.   Is it fair to roll the entire server back for your lost tent?   In short... no it’s not.   Saving persistence even every couple of minutes is putting a band aid on a leaky dam.  

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Dongleberry said:

Do you not want updates to the game? Do you not want them to try to fix the bugs? What are you getting at here? Can you not just say "Thanks for the update, guys. Merry Christmas.", like a normal human being instead of coming out with this nonsense?

• Beans 3

5 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I would suggest any server owners sick and tired of base wipes to respond to the below thread and let BI know this is unacceptable right now.

Even with the proper shutdown implemented, servers crash and persistent items wipe.

• Beans 1

Heads up to anyone trying to fix the car: Don't even bother. I found two abandoned cars, tried to start them just for fun and it flew me up in the air. First I managed to exit the car but still got some damage, no biggie. Second time, just 10 minutes later I found another car, and it literally killed my fully geared character just because I exited on top of the car and server registered it as car running me over. 

20181222232732-1.jpg

20181222233607-1.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Heads up to anyone trying to fix the car: Don't even bother. I found two abandoned cars, tried to start them just for fun and it flew me up in the air. First I managed to exit the car but still got some damage, no biggie. Second time, just 10 minutes later I found another car, and it literally killed my fully geared character just because I exited on top of the car and server registered it as car running me over. 

They're not actually cars. They're alien holograms with magnetic force-fields, left by the invaders as a death trap. Developers decided the lore needed a little more depth. Why else would there be so many infected?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Totally agree. Does the devs knows about this? Everytime i try to get in vehicle it wanna kill me by launching to space

20k3lt1.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, Dongleberry said:

everyone sits at their PC all day waiting for the next silly little update to stop their server working rather than spending time with friends and family

spend time with your friends and family

Has anyone seen the Electric cattleprod or the stun baton? Or are They not in? 

ah the stun batton. I remember when you could knock armored players out with one hit inconsistently for a few patches

• Like 1