Mookie (original)

It's snowing

There's a topic on r/dayz with a video. Nice :)

edit: although for me it was snowflakes only, I don't know about this ground covered snow

Edited by cirkular
  • Beans 1

Why are they spending time implementing snow instead of fixing the myriad of game breaking bugs?

I.e. fix night time or rather the flares at night, fix the server performance issues making zombies lag, fix server persistence issues and crashes, fix vehicles because they are a mess, etc...or even re implement some of the stuff we had in .62 like bows and tanning. I feel like the game is getting killed on reviews and instead of working on fixing it, they add snow?!

Edited by JBURNS489

7 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Why are they spending time implementing snow instead of fixing the myriad of game breaking bugs?

I.e. fix night time or rather the flares at night, fix the server performance issues making zombies lag, fix server persistence issues and crashes, fix vehicles because they are a mess, etc...or even re implement some of the stuff we had in .62 like bows and tanning. I feel like the game is getting killed on reviews and instead of working on fixing it, they add snow?!

Oh for God's sake man, can y'all not complain about stuff for a few minutes and enjoy the fact they added something?! For crying out loud....

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

7 minutes ago, tandwan said:

Oh for God's sake man, can y'all not complain about stuff for a few minutes and enjoy the fact they added something?! For crying out loud....

I would much rather they fix the bugs that ruin the game than add something cosmetic, wouldn't you?

I will start my search! Do we know if it's only on public hive? Or on the community servers too? Cause right now I'm on the experimental branch and there's no snow even if we have Christmas trees and presents.

30 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

I would much rather they fix the bugs that ruin the game than add something cosmetic, wouldn't you?

You better start to think and lean how developing is actually done if you think that adding some quick snowflakes takes time from some serious issues.

• Beans 1

45 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

The Devs do something that adds content and people complain about other stuff not being fixed. It's snow, during Christmas, it probably took all of 30 minutes to implement it. Enjoy it and let them work. I mean what's next? Are we going to crucify them because they take time off for the holidays? Stop being ungrateful and let the team  (who actively seem to be working on the game) do their job. Sakes.

• Beans 3

If anyone find a server with the correct dates set, let me know. I've been searching for a while, but didn't find any so far. Cheers!

Back on topic, again. 

After some search I found some snowfall on a private server, so it's not only restricted to public hive. 

k50fw9.jpg

• Beans 1

I downloaded CrazyMike's mod and found a server with it. Enjoying some winter wonderland. Now they just need to update stable with the latest experimental branch and it'll be perfect!!

wtxfdz.jpg

2v9exog.jpg

Does anyone know what the server date is set to that has snow on the ground?