xzDIABLOzx

Question for devs: In game kill feed

I remember the PC version having or still has a in game kill feed at the bottom left corner of your screen that shows who killed who via gamer tags or if someone committed suicide. Are there any plans on bringing this to XBOX? Would be pretty cool if it was ;)

• Like 3

It would also be nice to have a navigation bar at the top , and you could set waypoints and just walk straight there... We can all dream i guess lol.

There is no "kill feed" on vanilla servers. This is a mod. And no, we won't have that in vanila servers, as well as navigation bar on top of the screen, its breaking immersia. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Then you wont be so incognito when you kill someone or get killed.

I like that you can never see who you are talking to/shooting at.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

It would also be nice to have a navigation bar at the top , and you could set waypoints and just walk straight there... We can all dream i guess lol.

I disagree with the nav bar, I really enjoy navigating the map myself and it's a skill that can be improved with practice. I've really noticed my navigation improving with time and practice and I feel I have an advantage to other players that dont know how to navigate. In game navigation really separates the men from the boys sort of speak IMO.

14 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

And no, we won't have that in vanila servers

Are you from development?  Doesn't appear you are.. When you say 'vanilla' servers, are you referring to PC?

14 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

its breaking immersia.

Immersion is what you make it with Dayz is it not? Yes.

With no HUD options and FPP servers possibly coming you can choose how emersive you want Dayz to be right? Yes.

If they ever had a kill feed, it would make sense to have it be an option to turn it on or off like the hud options currently.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 minutes ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

I disagree with the nav bar, I really enjoy navigating the map myself and it's a skill that can be improved with practice. I've really noticed my navigation improving with time and practice and I feel I have an advantage to other players that dont know how to navigate. In game navigation really separates the men from the boys sort of speak IMO.

Are you from development?  Doesn't appear you are.. When you say 'vanilla' servers, are you referring to PC?

With no HUD options and FPP servers possibly coming you can choose how emersive you want Dayz to be right? Yes.

If they ever had a kill feed, it would make sense to have it be an option to turn it on or off like the hud options currently.

Yeah I agree, at least if they did add that stuff, you should be able to toggle it in options. For me personally, the less info on screen the better. I have all my HUD turned off, I like the immersion but I get how some might want it. With regards the kill feed though, I think that should be a server setting that applies to everyone on the server. It would be advantageous for a player to have it on because then they'll know for sure if they've killed someone. With no kill feed you don't always know if the person you shot actually died. 

• Like 2

It would be a nice option to have a kill feed, but be able to turn it off and on as desired.  As far as the "immersion" being compromised i really don't see the issue especially if it can be turned off in the options like the HUD, I feel this game is as immersive as you make it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xxxD1RTD1VRxxx said:

It would be a nice option to have a kill feed, but be able to turn it off and on as desired.  As far as the "immersion" being compromised i really don't see the issue especially if it can be turned off in the options like the HUD, I feel this game is as immersive as you make it. 

Absolutely, as long as, like you say, it's an option. New players will find the game more accessible I guess. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Im telling you what the devs have said, which is easy to say you don't know about. No need to be developer to pass the info from their official twitter or interviews. 

In every interview they were asked about this kind of stuff - They answer the same, they don't want DayZ to feel "gamey".  (I don't need to speak about kill feed, cause that's just arcady.) Navigation bar would make compass (Or GPS if it gets added) useless, and there wouldn't be a need to navigate yourself in a natural way, how it is now, and that part won't change in vanilla servers. By saying vanilla I mean BOTH PC and XBOX official servers, that's what vanilla means. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

screen that shows who killed who via gamer tags

Would be too easy to know you killed the player..  Much more interesting to see them go down and have to approach with caution, in case they're  unconscious, or get down from your overlook point and find the body isn't there anymore.. shit! .. then a bullet in your neck from behind the next corner..   that's a whole SET of SERIOUS exciting & stress gameplay you'd take right out out of the MAIN game, just by taking one shot and having a line pop up saying "You killed player XXX".   
IMO

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

A kill feed would literally kill the DayZ experience, but its also a way to counter name shaming or hate messages etc.

Im only on populated servers ( main was 3834, but got reassigned ) and get alot messages and party inv already : "Did u just killed someone at the airfield ?", "are u in bere ?" Etc... Geez, i would love to make the actual player list hidden for everyone.

It really shouldnt be an option, atleast not for official/public servers.

For example : GTAO, RBSS, CoD, WoT and so on... Hate messages are everywhere, so i really appreciated DayZs choice of disguising that. EDIT : The kill feed, even i dont kill players 99% of my time

My friends and i even had a Stalker ( im not even kidding ) back in the days of the 360 in GTAO which was the most horrible thing ever in my gaming history.

One of a few reason im not registered here with my Main profile.

Edited by xhardcorefishx
Clarify

16 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

A kill feed would literally kill the DayZ experience, but its also a way to counter name shaming or hate messages etc.

Im only on populated servers ( main was 3834, but got reassigned ) and get alot messages and party inv already : "Did u just killed someone at the airfield ?", "are u in bere ?" Etc... Geez, i would love to make the actual player list hidden for everyone.

It really shouldnt be an option, atleast not for official/public servers.

For example : GTAO, RBSS, CoD, WoT and so on... Hate messages are everywhere, so i really appreciated DayZs choice of disguising that. EDIT : The kill feed, even i dont kill players 99% of my time

My friends and i even had a Stalker ( im not even kidding ) back in the days of the 360 in GTAO which was the most horrible thing ever in my gaming history.

One of a few reason im not registered here with my Main profile.

Lol I love those messages making people mad online is some of the most fun I've ever had on the internet. You could get away with saying whatever you wanted without getting suspended back in the 360 days miss those times

8 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Lol I love those messages making people mad online is some of the most fun I've ever had on the internet. You could get away with saying whatever you wanted without getting suspended back in the 360 days miss those times

No u couldnt. Reports does do its function ( alot ppl got comm bans back then, like today )

6 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

No u couldnt. Reports does do its function ( alot ppl got comm bans back then, like today )

The entire MW2 player base would have been perma banned if that was true, I used to hear some crazy shit from people in those lobbies. But maybe everyone just wasn't so quick to report each other back then 

11 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

The entire MW2 player base would have been perma banned if that was true, I used to hear some crazy shit from people in those lobbies. But maybe everyone just wasn't so quick to report each other back then 

Maybe they just didnt. Also ingame chat isnt really ms front. I never reported hate messages, only not fair gameplay ( camping isnt unfair, i meant exploits etc ) till i played gtao tbh. Idk why, but i got so much hate it that game... More as in any other game. Sure its kinda fun, but really the SoaB dropping for getting his bounty only ? Dafuq. 

What was really silly that ppl tried to challenged me in other games then they got destroyed lul.

Im not innocence tho, pvp was nice for me in gta till the noob stuff that wasnt even good enough for those normal ppl and just helped the real tryhards/exploiters even more... Whatever tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

Im telling you what the devs have said, which is easy to say you don't know about. No need to be developer to pass the info from their official twitter or interviews. 

In every interview they were asked about this kind of stuff - They answer the same, they don't want DayZ to feel "gamey".  (I don't need to speak about kill feed, cause that's just arcady.) Navigation bar would make compass (Or GPS if it gets added) useless, and there wouldn't be a need to navigate yourself in a natural way, how it is now, and that part won't change in vanilla servers. By saying vanilla I mean BOTH PC and XBOX official servers, that's what vanilla means. 

Thank you for the clarity and your insight.

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Would be too easy to know you killed the player..  Much more interesting to see them go down and have to approach with caution, in case they're  unconscious, or get down from your overlook point and find the body isn't there anymore.. shit! .. then a bullet in your neck from behind the next corner..   that's a whole SET of SERIOUS exciting & stress gameplay you'd take right out out of the MAIN game, just by taking one shot and having a line pop up saying "You killed player XXX".   
IMO

This is true, and now that I read the feedback here, maybe a kill feed could take away from a true Dayz experience. I thank you for your input.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

IMO

100% agree

• Thanks 1