bent.toe

Developers, you need to see this. (Soylegend)

Soy speaks the truth, so glad a youtuber finally adress the elephants in the room (yeah..they are many).

What i would like to see:

Monthly dev streams

Transparency

48 hour heads up on major changes

Full patch notes with explanation 

More response from dev's on the OFFICIAL forum

Road map (we know you got one)

Fix errors/bugs/performance BEFORE adding new features

Listen and acknowledge that we are heard

Don't put us in the backseat of PC, we deserve more

Thank you SOYlegend for adressing many of the problems and weird decisions from the developers. You got my respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Now with pubg coming out with their snow map today, i'm probably just gonna go play that till they fix dayz, which may be never because even with pc 1.0 out, people still saying theres lots of bugs they haven't fixed, and they claim it will never be completed

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Soy speaks the truth, so glad a youtuber finally adress the elephants in the room (yeah..they are many).

What i would like to see:

Monthly dev streams

Transparency

48 hour heads up on major changes

Full patch notes with explanation 

More response from dev's on the OFFICIAL forum

Road map (we know you got one)

Fix errors/bugs/performance BEFORE adding new features

Listen and acknowledge that we are heard

Don't put us in the backseat of PC, we deserve more

Thank you SOYlegend for adressing many of the problems and weird decisions from the developers. You got my respect.

Well, he talks about not putting things in the game because it affected fps. So, everyone that screamed and demanded all those features to be added would be happy to not have them? 

• Like 1

It'd be a beautiful thing to see someone higher up respond to this and give some feedback/answers/plans for future.  We need to keep in the loop if they want us to find the bugs in the game and get on the road to a fully working 1.0, and actually respond to our concerns.

Never complained about anything before, because i really do love this game, but it sucks to see things that needs to be fixed that weren't yet:

- Mosin-Nagant, you can only put a single round in it, the internal magazine doesn't work, not even the bolt

- Pump-Action shotgun BK-133, when we finally though that we would be happy with a new gun... it doesn't work too, you cannot pump the gun, can reload one shell only, and after you use it, the gun is inutilizable, because you CANNOT pump the empty shell out.

-Several controls still missing, which includes leaning and map navigation.

- Fire selector removed from this update... why ? 

I consider then a great team, and i'm grateful for playing the game, because it's fun, it's true survival, and it's the only true survival hardcore game on the xbox one, but i cannot overlook those things.

Edited by MarczXD320
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Now with pubg coming out with their snow map today, i'm probably just gonna go play that till they fix dayz, which may be never because even with pc 1.0 out, people still saying theres lots of bugs they haven't fixed, and they claim it will never be completed

Snow map, for who?

1 hour ago, Andrew Huk said:

It'd be a beautiful thing to see someone higher up respond to this and give some feedback/answers/plans for future.  We need to keep in the loop if they want us to find the bugs in the game and get on the road to a fully working 1.0, and actually respond to our concerns.

You are probably playing on PC m8 becuase the snow map will not come to Xbox until january.

2 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

You are probably playing on PC m8 becuase the snow map will not come to Xbox until january.

I play on everything lol

You know, a very simple way to fix the mosin/bk-133: we press RT to shoot right ? why not just press RT again after the shot to cycle the bolt/pump the action ? red dead redemption 2 works that way, and it does perfectly fine.

I watched Soy's video and agree with the frustration level. The patches seem thrown together and piecemeal. The next patch should be strictly performance and bug related.

It does baffle me why the new shotgun was added to the game completely broken and still is. The devs need to play the game on xbox, it doesn't seem that they are.

I'm still thrilled the game is available on xbox and we should be patient. I'm confident they will work it out. 

What I don't understand is why Microsoft devs are not assisting with the process? Shouldn't they be heavily involved in porting the game over? Especially with the game controls on the controller.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KennZenz said:

What I don't understand is why Microsoft devs are not assisting with the process? Shouldn't they be heavily involved in porting the game over? Especially with the game controls on the controller.

There is contract for developers releasing beta/game previews on Xbox that says that the game must be in 1.0/Gold within one year from release of the game preview or MS is stepping in and takes over.

So DayZ needs to be finished for Xbox before august 29th 2019.

Dev's are aiming for Q1 2019

10 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

Even with this games bugs. I still find it fun as hell!

I really dont mind having Right Stick as freelook. 

They know theres issues with the game and they are working their asses off to fix them. They have monthly status reports on whats next. They regularly livestream and talk about the game. They are always on Twitter talking to and helping people with issues. They hear your feedback and they really do care. All of these issues will be fixed. I would understand the anger if they weren't doing anything about these issues but they are. Also i dont understand the mentality of shitting all over a game thats not finished and still in active development. Be patient

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

There seems to be a misunderstanding or an ignorance about the fact that the game isnt finished and still in development. It seems xbox players think that just because you can buy a game preview and play it, that its finished and is going to be feature complete. I now understand why sony doesnt allow in development games to be purchased and played.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

24 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

There seems to be a misunderstanding or an ignorance about the fact that the game isnt finished and still in development.

I agree - I guess it's frustrating to want to jump straight in to a new 100% full-featured game and instead find glitches and strange controller layouts - and all the rest. People who point out the problems are not wrong. 
But if you stick with BI they WILL come through. I'm saying this because they always have.
So it's really - either get Disgusted and walk away, OR.. get interested. I think it will pay off to join the process, make suggestions, put in bug reports - the DayZ team is ASKING you to put in reports.. and they are obviously having problems fitting the full set of PC controls to the Xbox controller..  and server problems.. ya know.. (I guess you do know).

So if you think its a ripoff, just leave it.. ranting and swearing makes it more difficult for the players who want to help to be even heard, and it really doesn't encourage the team to read the comments.  (would you read a page of insults to find maybe one helpful note on a glitch?)

Whichever attitude you take, I'm not saying you are wrong or evil, either way - just that BI DOES come through with the goods - that's their track record -  the game on PC has changed ALL the time for years, and had good moments/bad moments but it has always been interesting. =IMO= I think that's worthwhile. That's why I'm still here (and I don't agree with plenty of the things they have done ..  but other folk DO agree).

Will be great to see DayZ win on Xbox. I think they will. That's my view (and I aint anyone special).. See how it comes out and you won't be disappointed.. Shouting vulgar insults will just slow down the process for the players who want a good game. If you hate DayZ on Xbox right now, come back later, when you hear it's getting GOOD. Or stay and help out. That's fun and interesting too.
(IMO)

xxP

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

I Really really rather have them fix errors/bugs/performance/controls BEFORE adding new features.

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I agree - I guess it's frustrating to want to jump straight in to a new 100% full-featured game and instead find glitches and strange controller layouts - and all the rest. People who point out the problems are not wrong. 
But if you stick with BI they WILL come through. I'm saying this because they always have.
So it's really - either get Disgusted and walk away, OR.. get interested. I think it will pay off to join the process, make suggestions, put in bug reports - the DayZ team is ASKING you to put in reports.. and they are obviously having problems fitting the full set of PC controls to the Xbox controller..  and server problems.. ya know.. (I guess you do know).

Yep. Its a obvious thing that BI, or in that case the dev team have Problems with the Controller scheme, but thats not a bad thing. Alot of experience and practice is required to make all of that work AND offers atleast a decent way of comfort using it ( thats why they asked the Vigor team to help out ).

Other Gaming Companies are much more experienced, cause they do that since 20 years + already... Or doesnt have much of controls that need to fit a Controller.

One example in terms of alot of different functions for a really well designed game is Elite Dangerous. The Controller scheme is quite good, but there are still alot that arent even mapped on standard, but u can customize the layout how u want it to be. Just amazing and i hope, DayZ can be customized completly too.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, ITzMaFix0 said:

I Really really rather have them fix errors/bugs/performance/controls BEFORE adding new features.

Yeah +1, but soylegend clearly dont know ( or he dont cares ) that they port things to have the excact game on both platforms.

They will fix things, but right now, fixing our Xbox issues may screw up the whole development process, which would require alot more ressources and man power.

Did u ever played World of Tanks ? The console version is very different compared to the pc version

If they'd asked any console gamer over thirty with even basic gaming knowledge where to assign keys to on controller they'd have done a better job, jus sayin. RS for freelook? For real tho? You couldn't be arsed to walk across the BI office and ask tony the only console pleb employee if it was a good idea? And Jesus guys , hold breathe has been on RS since before MW2 , why wasn't that shiz bound from day one? You could have asked my nan were hold breathe should be assigned to and she'd know RS was the way to go. Fml

• Like 1

On 22.12.2018 at 9:29 AM, TheYetiBum said:

hold breathe has been on RS since before MW2

that's just as weird as freelook on RS

On 2018-12-22 at 8:29 AM, TheYetiBum said:

If they'd asked any console gamer over thirty with even basic gaming knowledge where to assign keys to on controller they'd have done a better job, jus sayin. RS for freelook? For real tho? You couldn't be arsed to walk across the BI office and ask tony the only console pleb employee if it was a good idea? And Jesus guys , hold breathe has been on RS since before MW2 , why wasn't that shiz bound from day one? You could have asked my nan were hold breathe should be assigned to and she'd know RS was the way to go. Fml

100% agree.

I thought with the next gen console we would get 60fps, 4k and customizeable control scheme for every game. I thought wrong.

Here is how i would want DayZ controls

RT = fire

LT = aim

RB = free look

LB = fire selector

LS press = sprint

RS press = hold breath

Y = take to hands ( when in game world)

X = reload

A = jump

B = crouch/ prone

LT + LS press = lean left

LT + RS press = lean right

And from there they could add combined buttons, menu buttons etc.

• Beans 1