bent.toe

Blackout screen just REMOVE IT

It's just annoying... seriously, whats the point?

Would love for a developer to answer that. It has absolutly no purpose other than hearing you die for 15 seconds.

No helmet in the world works against it and once your blacked out you can nothing, zero, nada, zipp..so why not have it instadeath instead?

I got attacked by two zombies, got cornered and raised my gun (unwillingly) in the air because it's so tight to manuver and 2 seconds later it was a black screen that i had to stare at for another 15-20 seconds until i was dead.

So.....care to explain it's purpose?

It allows for many interesting come backs in pvp. Dont remove it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

It allows for many interesting come backs in pvp. Dont remove it.

Strange, never had a comback in a PvP fight with melee, fists or guns....you must have a whole team of medics standing by.....

Remove it.

2 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Strange, never had a comback in a PvP fight with melee, fists or guns....you must have a whole team of medics standing by.....

Remove it.

I have had at least 4 fights where they thought i was dead then woke up and killed them. Its rare but it happens.

Any game with a bleeding system needs to have an uncon function. Its been in dayz for forever and it isnt going anywhere.

• Beans 1

I've been revived by a friend and also revived him. Once after someone spawned in and knocked him out. I killed the guy and then revived him before the zombies feasted. It's probably pointless if you're on your own when a zombie knocks you out, but if a friend or passerby takes out the zombie then the uncon becomes pretty valuable. 

Keep it. 

• Like 1

Cleaned. Dont bait eachother, please.

• Like 1

I agree. Not a big fan of this mechanic or at least tweak it a bit. I died today accuse I was getting chased by some zombies, so I ran into a building up to the 2nd floor and closed the door, but there was another side door to the room I was in and zombies started to run in, so I started running by them and just as I made it through the screen went black and I could not see to get out and died.

It didn't seem like I took that much damage to go black screen and die, but I would have got away if the screen did not go black.

On 12/19/2018 at 12:49 PM, bent.toe said:

Remove it.

Unless the other player or zombie continues to hit me on the ground, I always remember regaining consciousness. It nice because you look dead but can get the surprise on them if they don’t finish you off.

Got to be careful when you come to though. You wake up on your back, are probably going to be staggering with blinking red health, and have dropped anything in your hand.

1 hour ago, VVolf10 said:

I agree. Not a big fan of this mechanic or at least tweak it a bit. I died today accuse I was getting chased by some zombies, so I ran into a building up to the 2nd floor and closed the door, but there was another side door to the room I was in and zombies started to run in, so I started running by them and just as I made it through the screen went black and I could not see to get out and died.

It didn't seem like I took that much damage to go black screen and die, but I would have got away if the screen did not go black.

Well, no, you wouldn't get out if the uncon mechanic was taken out because you'd be dead anyway surely? 

Had a crazy fight with a guy once. He had an axe, I had a can of beanz. He got a few good blunt axe swipes on me, but my quick fists and sturdy bean can were no match for him. I knocked him out, Took his axe off his body, and finished him with it. Mind you I was bleeding heavily, So i began bandaging myself as quick as possible. Got my 4th rag off and blacked out. As I was blacked out my bleeding arrows started going back up. I DID IT! I SURVIVED THE AXE ATTACK! AND WOKE UP FROM MY UNCONSCIOUS STATE TO TELL THE TALE!  If i had not blacked out it would have taken sooooo much suspense out of the situation... KEEP IT!

Edited by McPhorce
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I was in a 2 v 2 fight just over solnichy (extremely curved area) and was running downhill to the coast to get away after i lost my mate and had killed one enemy but had run out of more mags with ammo in them and needed some time-out to get ready for part 2 of the engagement.

Suddenly I fall and go unconscious (I think I was running down to fast on a too downhill slope...) and I know the last enemy is not more then 50-70 meters behind me.

I wake up a minute after and get out of Dodge (but I forgot to pick my Skorpion up which I had dropped on the ground when I fell).

Please NEVER remove the unconscious-system, I love it. :)

• Beans 1

One more item that people may have missed? You can immediately respawn  when unconteous. You don’t have to wait until you die.