ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.149974

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

No idea. I found a kit during 1.0 before this patch. I used it. I saw the results.  

Find items and play around. It’s not hard. 

Yeah. About two weeks before 1.0 all blood types were the same. 

9 hours ago, krazikilla said:

Completly laggy, doors opening delayd, infected suttering, other players lagging.

Didnt help a thing :(

Even though i yesterday tried experimental and it was not lagging, even on full servers.

Had bad FPS though, but players were running fluid.

Maybe there is a difference between EXP Hardware / Database / Network infrastructiure  VS.  Productive infrastructure?

I get this problem too. I don't mind waiting for more content, but with server performance being so bad it really ruins what would otherwise be an enjoyable experience in 1.0.

• Beans 1

1.ow is like a time machine that takes me back to the way the game was about 4 years ago... but it was better back then. The stuff that sucks is just reprehensible. Zombies are a mess. Persistence either works or doesn’t- at least back then we knew it didn’t work. 

All the glitchy melee is alive and well while certain trees look like they’re on fire while the rest of the landscape is dark. 

Get times when your character model disappears and just smashes all your clothing into a weird kaleidoscope of parts and pieces... other times you look out of a shed and the world doesn’t render anymore but you can see people inside structures... 

Looking forward to progress/ as I have been since 2014.

4 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

I get this problem too. I don't mind waiting for more content, but with server performance being so bad it really ruins what would otherwise be an enjoyable experience in 1.0.

Now let's get something straight here. If you complain about server performance issues, name the server. Since the release of the server files, you can't just say that performance is horrible anymore since it might be the server itself. A lot of community servers have a player limit up to 120, that's double of which is officially supported. Mods might also play a role in this. So unless it's an official stable or experimental server or a vanilla community server with a player limit of 60 and no changes whatsoever, don't complain about performance issues.

You can see it as an elevator which says "max. 6 people" and you cram 10 people in and start complaining when it malfunctions.

• Beans 5

16 hours ago, colinm9991 said:

Still nothing about the fact that self hosted servers, since the 1.0 patch, need to now open port 27015-27016 for the server to appear in the list whereas this wasn't the case previously.

When are you going to acknowledge this, and post information? This was previously GAMEPORT+1, now it has reverted to the old way of 27015/27016.

@ImpulZ you may not be the guy for this, but you seem to be the only DayZ staff/forum member who's making an attempt to reply and post info so I'm tagging you for your awareness.

The port 27016 should be the default port for communication with Steam when the steamqueryport parameter is not set. You still need to allow the port in your firewall settings for it to work.

Do other steamQueryPort parameters not work for you?

3 hours ago, IMT said:

Now let's get something straight here. If you complain about server performance issues, name the server. Since the release of the server files, you can't just say that performance is horrible anymore since it might be the server itself. A lot of community servers have a player limit up to 120, that's double of which is officially supported. Mods might also play a role in this. So unless it's an official stable or experimental server or a vanilla community server with a player limit of 60 and no changes whatsoever, don't complain about performance issues.

You can see it as an elevator which says "max. 6 people" and you cram 10 people in and start complaining when it malfunctions.

Any full/high pop official server that I join has poor server performance. I've tried over 15 different official servers on stable branch. Delayed door opening and slow stuttering infected and wolves which the devs have admitted is due to server performance issues. I haven't even tried community servers because I want the vanilla experience. Low pop servers the infected work normally and actions have quick response. I think their net-code needs work. I heard the dev in a stream after 1.0 say that server performance is 1/5th of what it should be.

Edited by Survivor1431

2 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Any full/high pop official server that I join has poor server performance. I've tried over 15 different official servers. Delayed door opening and slow stuttering infected and wolves which the devs have admitted is due to server performance issues. I haven't even tried community servers because I want the vanilla experience.

Fair enough, but next time you should mention that it were official servers because it makes a big difference.

• Like 1

Hi ! 

When will you fixed the cars and add the bicycle ? Is it for next the update ? (which is coming soon ?)

22 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We are aware of an issue causing bleeding upon spawning in. You might have to bandage multiple times to stop the bleeding. We are looking into it, stay safe.

Devs can you look at this please?

27 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Any full/high pop official server that I join has poor server performance. I've tried over 15 different official servers on stable branch. Delayed door opening and slow stuttering infected and wolves which the devs have admitted is due to server performance issues. I haven't even tried community servers because I want the vanilla experience. Low pop servers the infected work normally and actions have quick response. I think their net-code needs work. I heard the dev in a stream after 1.0 say that server performance is 1/5th of what it should be.

Try servers hosted by Spaggie, vanilla no mod, 60 slots only 1pp. TopeREC community, DayZ Village and TheRunningManZ community

• Like 1

@ImpulZ Persistence is still broken due to server crashes.  I reported this in the feedback tracker.  I save files every 3 hours and that is still not good enough.  I have had to go back 6 times in just the last two days from server crashes and no I'm not sending in bug reports everytime the server crashes because I have to work for a living and not babysit DayZ all day long, I should not have to.  This is getting old really, really fast.  If we can't keep bases on servers people will leave.  I can't keep rolling back constantly.  I don't know what else to do but to stop rolling back and lose all of the progress we have been making on having consistent population on our server.   This affects alot of communities, I know you guys have priorities, but this issue is killing us slowly.  We are desperate for some relief.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

@ImpulZ Persistence is still broken due to server crashes.  I reported this in the feedback tracker.  I save files every 3 hours and that is still not good enough.  I have had to go back 6 times in just the last two days from server crashes and no I'm not sending in bug reports everytime the server crashes because I have to work for a living and not babysit DayZ all day long, I should not have to.  This is getting old really, really fast.  If we can't keep bases on servers people will leave.  I can't keep rolling back constantly.  I don't know what else to do but to stop rolling back and lose all of the progress we have been making on having consistent population on our server.   This affects alot of communities, I know you guys have priorities, but this issue is killing us slowly.  We are desperate for some relief.

You have probably seen that this is still listed as a known issue, so yes, we are aware of it. And we know that this is a very annoying and frustrating issue. But again, only detailed reports with specific information and logs can help us solve it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Are there car batteries in current version? I'm only able to find truck batteries.

25 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

@ImpulZ Persistence is still broken due to server crashes.

I did not have a server crash.A crash did not cause this. After a restart same as any other restart, all placed items like tents and barrels were gone. Nothing unusual in the logs. Server acted like this was what it was supposed to do. Server lasted 7 days. Can't run a server like this. Hours of grinding for everyone, all gone. Players won't log in after that. Seems like a waste of time and money for me.

3 minutes ago, Affemitwaffe1911 said:

So you fixed the hit registration, why is this player still alive?

You need to hit the brain. Just hitting the head does not cut it.

Edited by amadieus

3 hours ago, Mufassa said:

Hi ! 

When will you fixed the cars and add the bicycle ? Is it for next the update ? (which is coming soon ?)

Bicycles won't be in for quite a while so I wouldn't expect them any time soon. 

• Beans 1

Do sewing kits even work to stitch wounds? Used two rags and used the sewing kit 5/6 times to no avail. My health was at maximum so I could not been hit that many times by bullets.

4 hours ago, GigiGamer87 said:

Try servers hosted by Spaggie, vanilla no mod, 60 slots only 1pp. TopeREC community, DayZ Village and TheRunningManZ community

The bad performance is happening on Spaggie's servers as well.  Paul (TheRunningManZ) himself was playing on TheRunningManZ server yesterday and the infected looked like the "Six Million Dollar Man" TV show from back in the 70s when he would be running bionically.  They were doing everything -- aggro, attack and die -- in extremely slow and laggy motions.

I agree with the statement that servers need to be up to specifications, but there is definitely more to the story here -- something else is impacting the performance.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

The bad performance is happening on Spaggie's servers as well.  Paul (TheRunningManZ) himself was playing on TheRunningManZ server yesterday and the infected looked like the "Six Million Dollar Man" TV show from back in the 70s when he would be running bionically.  They were doing everything -- aggro, attack and die -- in extremely slow and laggy motions.

I agree with the statement that servers need to be up to specifications, but there is definitely more to the story here -- something else is impacting the performance.

Its likely to do with the net-code. But Eugen said server performance is currently only 1/5 of where he wants it to be, and its a high priority. I was just hoping the patch before X-mas would resolve it, but unfortunately it did not.

10 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The port 27016 should be the default port for communication with Steam when the steamqueryport parameter is not set. You still need to allow the port in your firewall settings for it to work.

Do other steamQueryPort parameters not work for you?

Previously, it was GamePort+1 whereas following this I had to open 27016 on the firewall for it to display in the server browser.

I haven't attempted to change the steamQueryPort - but if this is the case it might be that the recent server updates made it begin listening to the steamQueryPort parameter, if it wasn't done previously.

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

Do sewing kits even work to stitch wounds? Used two rags and used the sewing kit 5/6 times to no avail. My health was at maximum so I could not been hit that many times by bullets.

No. Sewing kits do not seem to work for wounds anymore. I tried one recently and it never stopped the bleeding.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, tandwan said:

Was there really any need for name calling? I think not.

Was there a reason for u to TRY to answer a question that was for the devs...i think not...dont poke your nose where it doesnt belong if you clearly dont know what your talking about sir thanks

Edited by Geno Sinatra

1 hour ago, Geno Sinatra said:

Was there a reason for u to TRY to answer a question that was for the devs...i think not...dont poke your nose where it doesnt belong if you clearly dont know what your talking about sir thanks

Well, I did give you an answer, unfortunately you didn't like it. ?

Also, for future reference if you want an issue fixed in the game you should try the troubleshoot forum instead of a Stable Branch patch announcement. The devs normally don't reply to these forums, like, rarely. So again,  there is absolutely no need to be vulgar and insult people who are trying to help you.

Edited by tandwan