Sign in to follow this  
Rudewolff

Very high ping only when playing DayZ

Hello, I played DayZ maybe 1 year back and everything was fine. Now, I installed it back and I have a problem with really high ping on every community server. It kicks me sometimes after 1 hour of playing and sometimes it kicks me only when I am waiting in the queue. I don't know what is going on because my internet is working just fine and I have ping between 20-50 in games like Battlefield 1, Euro Truck Simulator 2, GTA. I am playing with wireless plug and it's connected to our wifi. Can anyone help me, please?

10 hours ago, Rudewolff said:

I am playing with wireless plug and it's connected to our wifi. Can anyone help me, please?

Ethernet connection is REALLY a LOT better.  =Seriously =  Also switch off your antivirus while you play, AND anything else you're running at the same time (like Skype etc) and stop any  auto-update trash.  Don't share the wifi with your kid brother or your dad watching football.
[for starters]
DayZ uses more CPU than most games

What are the pings given in the DayZ server list, for the servers you log in to?   Say for instance, what are the lowest 5 pings listed ? 

Edited by pilgrim*

23 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Ethernet connection is REALLY a LOT better.  =Seriously =  Also switch off your antivirus while you play, AND anything else you're running at the same time (like Skype etc) and stop any  auto-update trash.  Don't share the wifi with your kid brother or your dad watching football.
[for starters]
DayZ uses more CPU than most games

I know that the Ethernet connection is better but I don't have a space for it. Okay, I will try it, thank you.

• Beans 1