ImpulZ

Server Reassignment Xbox -> PC 19/12/2018

I love when stuff like this happens, gives me entertainment seeing people rage over servers, if you ain't got time to keep building play when its fixed and their persistent, sure notice woulda been nice but crying into your moist towelette isn't gonna make a change but carry on, I like reading it

6 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

I won't be impressed until i can slide down ladders again .

I must admit, I do miss this feature. Every time I climb down a ladder I press it, hear the noise and then get disappointed! It was funny the other day actually, I was watching Sada and FrankieonPc streaming dayz together. They'd been playing for about an hour and frankie got bumped off a ladder and died. He thought it was funny that ladder death was still a thing three years after he stopped playing! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

please still be ready to lose your gear anytime. Persistance is an important part of the DayZ Experience, but right now we can not fully guarantee it.

...best joke of the day - for a 39,99 € V1.0 game

1 hour ago, grillstern666 said:

...best joke of the day - for a 39,99 € V1.0 game

We're not at 1.0 yet. Still in game preview. 

Takes the piss be honest now we are strugling to get into a eu server, just take why dont you give for a change seems like xbox will suffer all the time thanks for nothing.

they should of given us a warning in advance to give us a chance to move stuff to another server atleast IMHO.

1 hour ago, Skimshady said:

they should of given us a warning in advance to give us a chance to move stuff to another server atleast IMHO.

I believe they already explained why they didn't on this occasion. Worth reading devs posts thoroughly. 

• Like 1

So u take servers off us xbox players which aint even been out for a year and give them to pc wtf u playing at u had 6 years to make new servers for them why we being punished just cause of pc this is a joke ur little company needs to learn the values of its customers pfffffftttt!!! This what we pay for so u can robb xbox of our servers and give them to pc LOL u been working on it for 7 years if it aint complete forget about the game and let rockstar finish it on xbox u have violated 99.9% of ur xbox players.    p.s STOP MAKING GAME UR USELESS AT IT LEAVE IT TO THE PROPER GAME COMPANIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

awfully lot people think it is.. smh

57 minutes ago, nikoor said:

Yep! Also, sorry for being an old fart, but what does smh stand for? 

9 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yep! Also, sorry for being an old fart, but what does smh stand for? 

Shake my hand? 

21 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Yes it is, and it’s how we’re going to do things from now on.

We’re coordinating the servers with our server provider and in this specific example, when we wanted to stop the entire process of switch over and provide a heads up to the community, the changes were unfortunately already negotiated and set up and so went with it.

We’ve made sure to let every involved member of our team know that they should not push for any server switch-overs immediately, but should always coordinate at least a 24 hour window to let players collect whatever they need from their bases and stashes.

So unless something really critical happens, from now on, we will be trying to push for a 24 hour notice before switching any servers off or over to a different platform.

Despite all this, during Game Preview, please still be ready to lose your gear anytime. Persistance is an important part of the DayZ Experience, but right now we can not fully guarantee it.

I love how right at the bottom you used the excuse again that its a game preview... Even tho pc 1.0 is out and its still full of bugs..

On 12/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Jonas Levin said:

I like that we get more people on my servers, but OMFG what were you thinking doing it like this?

I know its only been a day since the wipe, but I am certain that a lot of people spend yesterday putting the start of their their new bases and camps up on those servers just to in effect get a SECOND wipe in 2 days - that is an unbelievable dumb move on your part devs.

Respect your bloody fanbase that paid money for this game - please.

I know that we are guinea pigs and not testes, but still - WTF!

It's more then 3 wipes in a week. Before last patch which wiped everything like 2 days before that they sent out an update that really cut into our inventory space. They wiped then. So now 2 days later they increase inventory space on cloths and wiped everything again. Now I had a base on one of the servers they moved over to PC and it feels like a wipe too but not a full wipe sense I still have everything I had on me but still... 2 full wipes and 1 server wipe... I'm afraid to start making a new base now in fear of them throwing out another update that wipes everything... so what do I do now? Carry 2 bags and have to drop it to fight or go loot through a town? I hate having so much loot on me, I walk slower then a snail but I dont want to build a base to put it in... 

I'm truly loving this game, even though I'm taking a slight snooze from it for a bit. I understand the frustrations by many of you, I really do and I'm happy about it... I'm not happy that many of your are put off per se,  but your frustrations tell me that you dig this game and are just anxious to have it complete. I too am anxious to have it complete, but keep in mind the PC players have had a much longer play-wait-rebuild-play-wait process. Heck, what was the last release by Bethesda that didn't require a multitude of patches and updates to make it playable? Look at what Fallout 76 is going through right now... It'll get better, wait and see! I'm off to play some FO4 which just had a rather large update after years of being released and I've got some new mods to try!  :)  

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Okay but pc is at 1.0 and still has the same bugs we do. And then some that have been around since 0.62

1 hour ago, likejessejames said:

Okay but pc is at 1.0 and still has the same bugs we do. And then some that have been around since 0.62

We are content wise at the same level, but features, controls etc are still missing. We are still in alpha on Xbox ( really late stage tho and close to beta )

12 hours ago, nikoor said:

We arent feature complete yet ( stability and persistence exclude for a moment ).

We are missing controls, thats why we are still in alpha. When we get these features ( testing and fixing done ), we will enter the beta phase. In beta is polishing the game important, however, some stability and Performance issues are atm more important than holding ur breath for example ( even so, its still important for gun play ).

Alot of bugs arent Xbox specific only which leads to the system, the devs are using : Pc testing, Xbox"just" porting... Thats why we are content level wise the same, cause they port the whole game to Xbox ( features as well as additions ),not only fixes etc

Thats why the Xbox specific issue needs more time ( and they dont want something like world of tanks on pc and console -> very different )

However, its frustrating with these missing things or the other issues and i agree that the lack of Communication sucks ( patch notes etc )

2 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

We are content wise at the same level, but features, controls etc are still missing. We are still in alpha on Xbox ( really late stage tho and close to beta )

“1.0” naw, pc got a .64 update. They tweeted all the new shit pic would get and deleted it when they couldn’t back up their claims. They’re using Xbox as a cash grab to finish PC and it truly shows. They can’t even add basic features to Xbox. There’s no excuse at this point. They can’t even add a basic action to fix the mosin. Since launch. I’ll still play the game sure, but these devs don’t give a FUCK about console. This isn’t even a preview. They just wanted money from console players. 

Careful you don't get punished for sharing your views on a FORUM allegedly here for that reason ? Only to get a rude reply from the moderator who say's something bitchy, but then lock the thread so you cannot even reply. 

I am gutted to lose yet another home server and another 2 NOT on list here disappeared today, but my post about this issue a couple of weeks ago got ridiculed by most, and the mods before the lockdown and penalties.

I was basically told to quit being a cry baby. But this kind of action is bound to upset the people who play to survive and not just to KOS.

I still feel its pointless having dozens of servers with three people in them. I play on servers with anywhere between forty to sixty people on and can play for hours without seeing a soul. There are obvious places to hang out of you want interaction with other players but it is really easy to avoid people if you don't. I'm guessing at some point they will bring out an offline single player mode that you might enjoy more but surely the player interaction is what makes the game exciting? 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2018 at 4:20 PM, Andrew Huk said:

These updates were getting are just a conspiracy not a real update... seems like they've actaully messed up the game more since i started playing about 3 months ago

You must be bloody joking.

I bought the game at the same time and his has come extremely long since that.

On 19/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, Markash said:

Had 3 military tents 2 svds 2 cars on US 368 lost the lot a days notice to move our gear is what you should have done very inconsiderate

No you actually did not.

The servers were wiped because of the update 24 hours before the servers were re-located to PC.

But they still should have given a valid notice.