ImpulZ

Server Reassignment Xbox -> PC 19/12/2018

7 minutes ago, Zachary Kelly said:

Gotta love losing another home server that we play on for weeks with no warning thanks doing a great job. You are so cheap you’re shifting servers around. Can’t fucking afford to buy the extra servers for pc now that it needs it? Na of course not let’s penny pinch like the greedy fucks we are. 

This sort of thing happens when you sign up for early access or game preview games. They are STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. There will be crashes, server issues and loss of characters in most early access games. If you don't enjoy TESTING a game in early access, wait until they are done and finished. I have been in tons and tons of early access games, some great and some not so much... they all though have had characters reset, server issues, loss of save file after certain updates,etc..

Edited by kozzy420

3 hours ago, ProsecuteCrime1 said:

Impulz:

Makes perfect sense. You need more servers over there, got extra over here. I get it.

What I don't get, and I hope you'll attempt to explain, is why couldn't it "be announced earlier"? You clearly recognize, finally, that giving us some notice of something lunge this would make us happy. Yet you don't. Again. And if the announcement couldn't be made earlier, why couldn't the switch over be postponed be maybe as little as 6 hours, so that you could tweet out those servers and tell people to pack up? 

It's really that easy.

Yes it is, and it’s how we’re going to do things from now on.

We’re coordinating the servers with our server provider and in this specific example, when we wanted to stop the entire process of switch over and provide a heads up to the community, the changes were unfortunately already negotiated and set up and so went with it.

We’ve made sure to let every involved member of our team know that they should not push for any server switch-overs immediately, but should always coordinate at least a 24 hour window to let players collect whatever they need from their bases and stashes.

So unless something really critical happens, from now on, we will be trying to push for a 24 hour notice before switching any servers off or over to a different platform.

Despite all this, during Game Preview, please still be ready to lose your gear anytime. Persistance is an important part of the DayZ Experience, but right now we can not fully guarantee it.

• Beans 6

Sever 4686 was my home sever. I had 2 cars, base, 3 large military tents, buried stashes and barrels that was taken from me for PC... 

No fore warning.. Its kind of like a slap in the face followed up with a smile on the face with a middle finger up with a gental nod of the head. 

A fore warning (even a few hours before) would of given me (others as well that had one of the servers as a home base) time to move everything I (we) lost (other then the car body) to another sever I (we) could of made my new sever. 

I guess it is what it is at this point but do note devs that’s what’s called a “shady move” 

just my 2 cents on the matter

Dont get why 4401 had to be moved...that was a populated server with 40 plus people on it on xbox with many people that i knew in it. Talk about ruining the experience, that is a slap in the face, game preview or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nikoor said:

so those servers should've been long gone by now? why am I still in one of them tho.

this is a good thing in my opinion, propably the best one so far!

I kind of agree, pointless having lots of empty servers. If rather see less servers with more people in. It's only been a day since the wipe. No biggy. 

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, JagKannabisSith said:

Sever 4686 was my home sever. I had 2 cars, base, 3 large military tents, buried stashes and barrels that was taken from me for PC... 

No fore warning.. Its kind of like a slap in the face followed up with a smile on the face with a middle finger up with a gental nod of the head. 

A fore warning (even a few hours before) would of given me (others as well that had one of the servers as a home base) time to move everything I (we) lost (other then the car body) to another sever I (we) could of made my new sever. 

I guess it is what it is at this point but do note devs that’s what’s called a “shady move” 

just my 2 cents on the matter

You got all that one day after a wipe? If so, shouldn't take you long to get set up again then. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

All patches are updates. Not all updates are patches.

Patches fix, tweak, and or remove things. Updates add, fix, tweak, and or remove things.

You should really add in private servers, and stop with the low, medium, and high servers. Bring it back to where we can see how many people are in the server. As a solo player you can't make it far without some jerk coming down to the shore and farming new players with military grade gear. Like please explain to me how you can defend yourself when someone like that can just shoot you in the back of the head easily while you have no firearm to defend yourself. It's like running into a gun fight with a knife.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Stoklosa said:

You should really add in private servers, and stop with the low, medium, and high servers. Bring it back to where we can see how many people are in the server. As a solo player you can't make it far without some jerk coming down to the shore and farming new players with military grade gear. Like please explain to me how you can defend yourself when someone like that can just shoot you in the back of the head easily while you have no firearm to defend yourself. It's like running into a gun fight with a knife.

And to add to that you should really listen to your fanbase unless you wanna be hated like Blizzard when they took down their old WoW servers.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Stoklosa said:

And to add to that you should really listen to your fanbase unless you wanna be hated like Blizzard when they took down their old WoW servers.

Is a big coastline. Are you telling me you can't get off the beach without being shot? You make it sound like the D-day landings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Stoklosa said:

Its an online game where all players have the option to play like they want ( excluding exploits etc ), so if they decide to attack u they can... However, if you are really complaining about that aspect of the freedom which DayZ offers, u might play another game till they add private servers, but killing other players will most likely stay attractive to alot of ppl... Even with roleplay in mind

Sure, its not nice to get shot in the back for " no reason " ( Fun ? The person wants ur gear ? Cannibal ? Plenty of reasons tho... )

Its easier to kill or betray someone, if u have the Advantage. Thats why encounters can be really tedious and ppl are trigger happy.

Thats why u shouldnt get attached to ur char or loot.

• Beans 1

Had 3 military tents 2 svds 2 cars on US 368 lost the lot a days notice to move our gear is what you should have done very inconsiderate

34 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Its an online game where all players have the option to play like they want ( excluding exploits etc ), so if they decide to attack u they can... However, if you are really complaining about that aspect of the freedom which DayZ offers, u might play another game till they add private servers, but killing other players will most likely stay attractive to alot of ppl... Even with roleplay in mind

Sure, its not nice to get shot in the back for " no reason " ( Fun ? The person wants ur gear ? Cannibal ? Plenty of reasons tho... )

Its easier to kill or betray someone, if u have the Advantage. Thats why encounters can be really tedious and ppl are trigger happy.

Thats why u shouldnt get attached to ur char or loot.

No because until they bring out the private servers base building is a waste of time you can just host right in and take what you like

3 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Yes it is, and it’s how we’re going to do things from now on.

We’re coordinating the servers with our server provider and in this specific example, when we wanted to stop the entire process of switch over and provide a heads up to the community, the changes were unfortunately already negotiated and set up and so went with it.

We’ve made sure to let every involved member of our team know that they should not push for any server switch-overs immediately, but should always coordinate at least a 24 hour window to let players collect whatever they need from their bases and stashes.

So unless something really critical happens, from now on, we will be trying to push for a 24 hour notice before switching any servers off or over to a different platform.

Despite all this, during Game Preview, please still be ready to lose your gear anytime. Persistance is an important part of the DayZ Experience, but right now we can not fully guarantee it.

Amazing! Really happy to hear of willingness to provide some notice. 

• Like 1

Seriously? I get wiped twice since being back just a week or so ago, start a new character again last night, travel to one of my loot stash's near a spawn city and realize everything was still there. Awesome, so I start traveling to my larger stash with most of my guns, now you kick me from the only server Ive been playing on... Thanks.

I don't mine PVP and starting over, but I'm tired of being on high pop servers where everything is looted before I get there. If you want mil gear, forget it. Might as well just start server hopping like everybody else seems to be doing.

As far as being killed on sight wether your fresh or geared I get it, its part of the game. I did it every chance I got in the beginning. Now I guess karma has gotten me back. It's tiring to be shot only a few minutes after spawning, or after making a long trek to a loot stash (since I don't hide the good shit close to spawns). My buddies stopped playing because of the constant pvp and I kinda don't blame them. Play how you like though guys, eventually it'll just be KOS people playing, which if thats what you like the game will be awesome. I've got to put this on the back burner again though, I would have kept going if my stash's stayed persistent through wipes like they seemed to have last night, but now you give my home server away?!... I'll see how it is again in a few months then.

If you cant handle being a game tester, go play Roblox Dayz. I have heard that its a great recreation just with kids instead of mature people. You should fit right in ;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

If you cant handle being a game tester, go play Roblox Dayz. I have heard that its a great recreation just with kids instead of mature people. You should fit right in ;)

Haha were not game testers bro, nobody cares about us or the things we say. We are guinea pigs in a lab just like the last guy said 

47 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Haha were not game testers bro, nobody cares about us or the things we say. We are guinea pigs in a lab just like the last guy said 

Yeah sure. The past 5 years they haven't listened or cared about their players. Its funny that everything the community asked for, it was added to the game. Be patient and you will see that they listen. Sacrafices need to be made and you cant make everyone happy.

Edited by nhow7108
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Yeah sure. The past 5 years they haven't listened or cared about their players. Its funny that everything the community asked for, it was added to the game. Be patient and you will see that they listen. Sacrafices need to be made and you cant make everyone happy.

I won't be impressed until i can slide down ladders again .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jeremy Stoklosa said:

11 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

lol you mean walking down the coast, unable to find anything because everyone already looted it... and then being killed by a guy who plays 24/7 and is geared up lol

Get off the coast then, the map is over 200 square kilometres, instead of running into Kamenka or Solnichniy to get shot up, try running over those hills and further into the map. Literally never a problem. You get killed? That's DayZ. You get killed every time shortly after spawn? That's you. Sounds like you guys want them to keep a bunch of zero-pop servers so you can head in there and loot by yourself...

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

this is joke,after month on NL..951 server crash and all gone (base),we restart last week on NL...701 and now this servers off.thank you!!!! walking with "barels" is best think in dayz,i love doing this again and again and again

• Like 1

Bruh! Seriosuly?

Ive been trying to support your decisions and i understand the reasoning but isn't it ass backwards to add servers due to 1.0 release then take servers from xbox with nearly no notice just to add them back to pc because you decided to shutdown servers opened for the event? Get your shit straight and stop wasting everyone's time. 

I love this game but your making it unplayable, all the patches that break something else or do something like this. How do you expect yo keep your xbox community with little or no stability? Nearly no communication, its getting hard to justify anything you do to other players i want to bring on board

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, kozzy420 said:

This sort of thing happens when you sign up for early access or game preview games. They are STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. There will be crashes, server issues and loss of characters in most early access games. If you don't enjoy TESTING a game in early access, wait until they are done and finished. I have been in tons and tons of early access games, some great and some not so much... they all though have had characters reset, server issues, loss of save file after certain updates,etc..

Games been in development for 5+ years lol

Wow this is preposterous. Incompetence runs deep in this company. Literally ignoring people and the bigger game issues. Like thanks for nothing and being a very horrible "indie" title

• Sad 1