robotstar

Is there a way to force people to install mods before they join your server?

As the title suggests, our server at https://www.tribezrp.com is a modded server. Our server depends on players being able to see our custom code (buildings, items etc). We know that players are connecting without the correct mods installed and it's having a knock-on effect ingame with people seeing invisible walls etc and others seeing everything correctly. Is there a way, or a piece of code I can add to the server, that forces people to head to the modpack and install everything? Thanks chaps.

Use equalModRequired=1; in your server config file. This will prevent users who do not have the required mods loading in. Just make sure you have all the relevant keys from the mods copied into your server's keys directory

9 hours ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Use equalModRequired=1; in your server config file. This will prevent users who do not have the required mods loading in. Just make sure you have all the relevant keys from the mods copied into your server's keys directory

no this is broke only verifySignatures....

it works fine for me, not sure what's broken about it. I run 18 mods, and if the players don't have the mods, they cannot join.

108 users and all connect no problems. All have the mods installed so they can join.

It's broken if you try to repack the core pbo files, yes. But that is foolish.

Edited by Aussie Cleetus

On 12/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, Aussie Cleetus said:

It's broken if you try to repack the core pbo files, yes. But that is foolish.

Yep, I thought it was broken until I remembered I had edited zombie territories and repacked it, fresh Pbo from steam equalmod is working.

for me it just kicks me back to the desktop anyway to get this to auto download mods for players

On 19/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, robotstar said:

As the title suggests, our server at https://www.tribezrp.com is a modded server. Our server depends on players being able to see our custom code (buildings, items etc). We know that players are connecting without the correct mods installed and it's having a knock-on effect ingame with people seeing invisible walls etc and others seeing everything correctly. Is there a way, or a piece of code I can add to the server, that forces people to head to the modpack and install everything? Thanks chaps.

did you figure this out please

I just did a fresh install of my server, using equalModRequired=1 and I get an error saying "Bad Version" and I can't join. At this point, No .pbo files have been modified. I'm using the following mods:

@BaseBuildingLogs;@ConfigurableMetabolism;@DayZ-Expansion-Chat;@Easy Signs;@KillFeed;@OP_BaseItems;@RPCFramework;@Simple Roof;@WeaponReduxPack

If you use equalModRequired=0 , everyone can join, obviously, but they do not have the mods required to play on the server properly. Not sure why when no pbo files have been modified I still can't join my own server with equalModRequired=1 enabled. I use the DayZ Launcher to join. I also have DZSA Launcher installed on my server.

Edited by C4-timah

use cftools omegamanager it sets it up automatically

4 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

use cftools omegamanager it sets it up automatically

Already using  DayZ Launcher Mod Sync which does basically the same thing. It not only updates the mods on the server to the latest versions but checks each client prior to connecting to make sure they also are up to date or give them the option to download the mods if they don't have have them. This would eliminate me needing to use equalmodrequired = 1, or so I though. I guess something about the current version of DayZ has broken this feature. I have people connecting without using the DayZ Launcher from the client side to join and I can't stop them. If I use equalmodrequired = 1, no one can join. Otherwise, everyone can join no matter what. 😭

Edited by C4-timah

7 hours ago, C4-timah said:

Already using  DayZ Launcher Mod Sync which does basically the same thing. It not only updates the mods on the server to the latest versions but checks each client prior to connecting to make sure they also are up to date or give them the option to download the mods if they don't have have them. This would eliminate me needing to use equalmodrequired = 1, or so I though. I guess something about the current version of DayZ has broken this feature. I have people connecting without using the DayZ Launcher from the client side to join and I can't stop them. If I use equalmodrequired = 1, no one can join. Otherwise, everyone can join no matter what. 😭

thats why you need cftools omegamanager as it forces the same mods wether from the dzsalauncher or in game launcher 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:42 AM, Sy8282 said:

Yep, I thought it was broken until I remembered I had edited zombie territories and repacked it, fresh Pbo from steam equalmod is working.

I edit my zombie_territories.xml and use equalModRequired=1; and my players can join just fine.

5 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I edit my zombie_territories.xml and use equalModRequired=1; and my players can join just fine.

equalModRequired=1; dose not work no more it was fased out for the new code of verifySignatures = 2;   and when you edit the zombie_territories.xml just repack the pbo up and all is good if your still getting low zombies just edit th amount of zombie spawns in mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\globals.xml        line       <var name="ZombieMaxCount" type="0" value="1000"/>   and change to something like    <var name="ZombieMaxCount" type="0" value="4000"/>

if you use https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/home 

it will kick the user 90% of the time if they dont have mods but zombies are handled server side and mods

Edited by mrwolv

If you edit any file in the folder "dta" nobody can join the server even if they have the same mods and activated equalModRequired = 1;

I have no pbo's modified. If I use equalmodrequired = 1, you can't join. VerifySignatures = 2 is set by default but players still connect without installing mods. VerifySignatures = 2  worked til 1.0