kopo79

loot farming with infecteds and boats

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

" BI - Number of employees  346 (2018) " -  mainly technical staff. Info updated Dec 2018.
[original source quoted (2016) : https://games.tiscali.cz/oznameni/bohemia-interactive-spousti-incubator-nabizi-zdarma-prototypy-her-aby-otestovala-jejich-potencial-288199 ]

plenty links : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive#cite_note-2

I'm not being rude Pilgrim, but what are you getting at (or are you just sharing)?

Over the last 10 years I thought wiki was improving but...

I stumbled on this series recently and wow at how much wiki gets wrong! Basic shit like names, birthplace, etc. If you're into music, you might get hooked on this series so watch out! =P

The Dave Mustaine one where they reveal why Chris Poland got fired was awesome! I think they talk about it in the below video. I'm a big Chris Poland fan...

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm not being rude Pilgrim, but what are you getting at (or are you just sharing)? 

Sharing.
NOT criticising you research, WY  - except the Wikipedia vid, natch. [ I go to Wikipedia for baseline info and the links, it provides an excellent place to start on many topics. Like everything on the internet, never believe one source. You know how Wikipedia is structured and peer reviewed, I guess...  [e.g. you, I or anyone could right now add a couple of slanders to any wikipedia page and they will be there until someone notices & challenges them.]  Someone of your quality should be contributing, for the general benefit of free info, IMO - just saying.

Most of the Wikipedia page on  Bohemia Interactive - if not all of it - is written by Bohemia Interactive. The figure of 300+ employees was included in the body of the text but was removed along with some lines on company history in Dec 2018. The same staff figure remains quoted in the Company Info panel. I mentioned it around here a couple of months ago, but most folk are REALLY not interested in company dynamics.

I have no idea if it is correct. I queried it (and the link given) a while ago on Wikipedia - as anyone can do. Wikipedia is as good as the people who contribute to it. 
- & standard company info is not filed on public domain in the Czech Republic (unlike UK, USA & others).

There is a recent vid linked somewhere in this Forum where a DayZ team leader explains in passing how he is allocated resources [i.e. programmers] for DayZ. He mentions the subject while really talking about another point (by mistake, almost .. call it a slip).

The link is around to find: I wont link it here, because I don't think it is fair to pick on individuals and nail them for things they say about BI. They are not (in the main) spokespeople for BI and they are sharing their experience rather than making policy statements. BI gives them "an unusual amount of freedom".  But it is interesting to read between the lines and pick up bits of info that can be put together into a clearer picture.

I wouldn't blame the devs in any way for their work on DayZ. I would look at policy decisions and moves in the company over the last 2 years.

Of course - the problem with being an "open" and easy going company where the employees can discuss freely - within limits - on projects and activity, is that you will very rarely get the decision maker themselves in front of the camera, or making written statements.

= IMO =

Edited by pilgrim*
[ YT, can't mail you? ]
  • Beans 2

after chit chat...loot farming....

todays free stuff comes from military area(three tents)...
FFA709F7A114E42176A4003B8AC958A3E6153FD8

706DF9FE193578B8A3343DDF36DBAAAC48590E24

weak infecteds gived me plenty of food...i killed them all with my fists....
i got two guns,many bullets,clothes....also i noticed that where my loot was,mushrooms keep spawning...so do mushrooms also spawn as other loots?
combass,helmet,weapon attachments.

there was on other side of my running path,trains....i didnt loot farm those but i if....then loot amount would be double of this...

server was low populated and in experimental.
waiting fix for this or some info what devs have plans to do this.

is there server where i cant do this?

Edited by kopo79

This brings up the question whether or not with these new injuries if punching infected more than a few times with bare hands will lead to a curable infection of some sort... I don't know if I've ever seen mention of something like that being implemented. 

On 2/8/2019 at 4:32 AM, pilgrim* said:

Sharing.
NOT criticising you research, WY  - except the Wikipedia vid, natch. [ I go to Wikipedia for baseline info and the links, it provides an excellent place to start on many topics. Like everything on the internet, never believe one source. You know how Wikipedia is structured and peer reviewed, I guess...  [e.g. you, I or anyone could right now add a couple of slanders to any wikipedia page and they will be there until someone notices & challenges them.]  Someone of your quality should be contributing, for the general benefit of free info, IMO - just saying.

Most of the Wikipedia page on  Bohemia Interactive - if not all of it - is written by Bohemia Interactive. The figure of 300+ employees was included in the body of the text but was removed along with some lines on company history in Dec 2018. The same staff figure remains quoted in the Company Info panel. I mentioned it around here a couple of months ago, but most folk are REALLY not interested in company dynamics.

I have no idea if it is correct. I queried it (and the link given) a while ago on Wikipedia - as anyone can do. Wikipedia is as good as the people who contribute to it. 
- & standard company info is not filed on public domain in the Czech Republic (unlike UK, USA & others).

There is a recent vid linked somewhere in this Forum where a DayZ team leader explains in passing how he is allocated resources [i.e. programmers] for DayZ. He mentions the subject while really talking about another point (by mistake, almost .. call it a slip).

The link is around to find: I wont link it here, because I don't think it is fair to pick on individuals and nail them for things they say about BI. They are not (in the main) spokespeople for BI and they are sharing their experience rather than making policy statements. BI gives them "an unusual amount of freedom".  But it is interesting to read between the lines and pick up bits of info that can be put together into a clearer picture.

I wouldn't blame the devs in any way for their work on DayZ. I would look at policy decisions and moves in the company over the last 2 years.

Of course - the problem with being an "open" and easy going company where the employees can discuss freely - within limits - on projects and activity, is that you will very rarely get the decision maker themselves in front of the camera, or making written statements.

= IMO =

My history with wiki is/was years ago...I made some changes to a wiki or two easily and it stayed for a long time. Then I heard it got really good so I tested it by putting some erroneous information into a famous boxers profile (Manny Pacquiao) and it got changed super fast. I think that was 10 years ago. Since then it seemed to have improved.

8 hours ago, kopo79 said:

is there server where i cant do this?

Yes, there are/is. I only know of one.

• Like 1

just go through google and youtube...so this loot farm/loot cycle have been presence for years....i always thought that if you log out of server,loot spawns back in towns after some amount of time when i have been disconnected.
i just asked this from some server mods and they said that its abuse of system and dont do it...
this system cant be final?....
im honest player and dont want do cheating but its annoying when im not in same line as others.
think of me when im go town and find just rags and helmet....guy after me comes and do this thing and find gun,knife,map,compass,food,bullets.
"they are aware of this problem"....of cousre they are because this system is presence from dayz mod.

this thread is 4 years old...

some comments on there:
- Jesus, dude, it's a bug. It's not going to stay like this forever.
- Wow, but this should not be like this... Hopefully fix in the future, maybe on Tuesday.
- Its a first attempt for a game in beta. Who gives a shit if its not perfect yet. Once they had the respawn down its incredibly easy to add in a delay response.
- its alpha experimental what do you expect; perfection? or would you have rathered to wait till full release before we got anything?

Edited by kopo79

On 1/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, ImpulZ said:

Hi guys,

to quickly catch up on what has been said:

1. Yes, we are aware of this issue.
  2. The economy is in fact very complex, because it is not the "CLE", it is just the "Central Economy", managing hundreds of different loot items across many thousands of spawn points across our giant map. Also including infected spawn, animals and dynamic events. Every new item needs to be included and balanced correctly. (we talked more about it in our Status Report from June 2018)
  3. If you uncover reliable routes where loot immediately respawns, please report them to our Feedback Tracker. Server IP, time and server pop when joining is also useful information.

so,server owners cannot do anything about it?
im asking because some server owners have said that they have tweaked loot to respawn after an hour but its still spawning after seconds?