kopo79

loot farming with infecteds and boats

sorry about the title...im not sure if its right phrase but...
infecteds are just now so bad that you can make "loot farming" with them...
i mean...go in town....best towns are just maybe 5 houses with infecteds.
kill them all(its easy) and take loot from their pockets.
usually you find food and duct tape and other small things.
food is most common now.

when you have killed them all,run away from town about 200 meters.wait a little and go back in town.
there is new infecteds now...kill and take loot.
when you have backpack full of food,you are good to go.
sometimes i also have seen chickens spawn within them.
kill,skin and eat raw

so now i just wonder that is it same for normal loot in houses?
what about military areas?...can i do "loot farming" in military areas?

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

29 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

sorry about the title...im not sure if its right phrase but...
infecteds are just now so bad that you can make "loot farming" with them...
i mean...go in town....best towns are just maybe 5 houses with infecteds.
kill them all(its easy) and take loot from their pockets.
usually you find food and duct tape and other small things.
food is most common now.

when you have killed them all,run away from town about 200 meters.wait a little and go back in town.
there is new infecteds now...kill and take loot.
when you have backpack full of food,you are good to go.
sometimes i also have seen chickens spawn within them.
kill,skin and eat raw

so now i just wonder that is it same for normal loot in houses?
what about military areas?...can i do "loot farming" in military areas?

Sure you can loot farm military areas, but you might run into players who are farming players who are farming military areas. 

• Beans 1

yeah..im not sure if you can do it.
but you can always go military area when server is empty.

65A0EF47785B60890BEBA014B5DACD8FDFF9E200

after running between three boats maybe 15-20 minutes i was able to "loot farm" these boats...i collect the sodas and runned away,approx 200 meters...waited little and then runned back to boats...free beers for everyone.
there also few boats more,so if i would go between those 5 boats,i would have now beer/soda store.
its not good

80089D8403A5C188D041267B80B74FE5506A17F6

Edited by kopo79

So..

Is this the final system what is gonna in game?CLE has been tweaked many times and now we are on this state?

Really not feel apocalypse after years...its more like chernarus black friday..stuff are plenty and for everyone...forever.

Not hardcore survival at all

• Beans 1

Can anyone remember that is loot system gonna change or is this final?

• Beans 1

The respawn time for loot can be controlled by the server admin. I have mine set to 1 hour so if you loot an area, nothing new spawns for 1 hour. I should also make some adjustments to the zombies now that I read this thread.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

Don’t your need a near low pop. server to do this? I would think that staying in the same area and just running from point to point attract attention from players, resulting in holdup or your death. (I know I would abuse it)
But, why would your play that way and rob yourself a lot of gameplay? It’s not like it’s hard to find food, water etc. anyway, just leave the coast… also inland where most fun is found.
I also know that on some servers(community’s, that I play on) re-looting is not allowed, tho it’s hard to catch people in the act…

52 minutes ago, mugost said:

Don’t your need a near low pop. server to do this? I would think that staying in the same area and just running from point to point attract attention from players, resulting in holdup or your death. (I know I would abuse it)
But, why would your play that way and rob yourself a lot of gameplay? It’s not like it’s hard to find food, water etc. anyway, just leave the coast… also inland where most fun is found.
I also know that on some servers(community’s, that I play on) re-looting is not allowed, tho it’s hard to catch people in the act…

I agree.  It's a shame people play this way because you are indeed robbing yourself of gameplay.  Just because the game allows you to loot farm (or some call it loot cycling) doesn't mean you should do it.

Play the game as it was meant to be played.  You find a can of drink in a boat along the shore.  Great.  Drink it or take it and move on.  Once you've looted something, don't loot it again.  FFS there's 256 square kms in the map  -- don't exploit -- explore!

• Beans 2

I play like game should be played but then again...i know that some people not.

Everybody should be same line.

• Beans 1

While searching around Balota airfield, it turned out pretty much the same with the military infected - they respawn fairly quickly and then you can farm loot off of them.

On 10/01/2019 at 12:40 PM, kopo79 said:

I play like game should be played but then again...i know that some people not.

Everybody should be same line.

I agree with you, the 'just don't do it' approach is a helluva wrong reaction to badly designed mechanics and takes us nowhere. The zeds are just walking food dispensers now, to pretend they're not is not a fun part of the game.

This is the easiest iteration of dayz I've ever seen and I've been complaining about the lack of challenge for years now.

• Beans 2

Farming other players is my favorite technique. Run around the map and kill whoever you see and take everything they have.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Farming other players is my favorite technique. Run around the map and kill whoever you see and take everything they have.

BOO!  kos removes all interaction from the game.  if i wanted a pew pew shooter id go back to cod....

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2019 at 10:04 PM, drgullen said:

I agree.  It's a shame people play this way because you are indeed robbing yourself of gameplay.  Just because the game allows you to loot farm (or some call it loot cycling) doesn't mean you should do it.

Play the game as it was meant to be played.  You find a can of drink in a boat along the shore.  Great.  Drink it or take it and move on.  Once you've looted something, don't loot it again.  FFS there's 256 square kms in the map  -- don't exploit -- explore!

He’s bringing this issue up BECAUSE IT SHOULDNT EXIST IN A FULL 1.0 “SURVIVAL GAME” - how do NONE OF YOU GET THAT ? Jesus Christ this game is getting more and more abusable as we get through 1.0’and it’s fucking sad .

pretty soon the duper’s are gonna put their methods out on all the forums and reddit threads and this entire game is going to be a broken economy of people selling in game items for real money just like fallout 76 . Thanks a lot dayz devs , you’ve legit RUINED your little CLE experiment by not caring at all about the balance of your game .

if you people can’t see this as an issue on official servers (not everyone plays private low pop badmin servers) then the community is a lot further gone than I ever imagined you to be ....

• Beans 3

4 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I agree with you, the 'just don't do it' approach is a helluva wrong reaction to badly designed mechanics and takes us nowhere. The zeds are just walking food dispensers now, to pretend they're not is not a fun part of the game.

This is the easiest iteration of dayz I've ever seen and I've been complaining about the lack of challenge for years now.

Wow finally someone gets it besides the OP . These freaking super fans will not admit that this is a broken , badly balanced mechanic and that it will take away that precious “apocalyptic” feel that we get when we’re struggling to find food . Just because you goody two shoes won’t abuse this highly abusable mechanic , doesn’t mean that trolls all around the world won’t do the same (pro tip : THEY WILL).

So how about we go about this the smart way and ummmm I don’t know , force the freaking devs to fix this issue as it creates a large vacuum of gameplay that doesn’t need to be played at all if you just decide to abuse the cle of zombies or towns . 

Its funny how after 5 years of trying to “perfect” the cle , the devs settled on this abusable trash mechanic and most of these kids are just ok with it .... ffs if this was 2 years ago people would be up in arms about the CLE being so abusable especially in a final state such as 1.0 , it’s almost as if we have all been waiting so long for the damn game to finish that most of you have just given up on expecting the game we deserve and instead we are just waiting for that last final ass ramming by the devs so we can all call it a life and see dayz be finished .

What a sad Dayz we are in .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 2

MY SUPERMARKET IS OPEEEENNNN!!!its a black friday in chernarus....every items are free for everyone!
just loot farmed police station,one car and one house.
FD8F5F344A065CF8D339079EE340FD3173950860

this was in experimental...
is this that what game description says:
Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases.

maybe community servers this cant be done or high populated servers...i dont know....how is it?

Edited by kopo79

To me the perfect balance with respect to the zombie loot can be met by reducing the respawn rate of zombies.  I'm not sure if I have just become aware of the mechanics of the game but it seems that zombies spawn back into an area to the point where it is almost immersion breaking.   For example, I run into a town and I tend not to see any zombies.  I enter a few buildings and then come out and the zombies have spawned.  I don't really think this mechanic is too impressive.  If I then kill the zombies and then return the to the town the exact same process can be repeated.  

What I would really like are threatening zombies that are dangerous not because of the risks stemming from a finicky combat system but because of their AI and inherent characteristics.  Then increase the amount of zombies so that actually clearing a town would require some work.  Then make it so that zombies respawn at a less frequent rate to make the clearing of zombies feel rewarding.  I admit that this suggestion might have potentially broken components as certain game areas might effectively be cleared of zombies.  But then the rewards of clearing an area should be balanced by the cons of lower loot (respawn and placement) so that staying in an area while protecting you from zombies would starve you of certain resources.  Additionally, the zombie respawns could be tallied in an area even while players are not in an area so that the zombie population of a town would slowly increase even without player presence.  This would make it so that 'uncleared' areas would have a higher risk and reward: where there is loot, there are zombies.  

I don't actually mind the amount of loot on zombies so long as they are a challenge to the player.  It should be a bit of a calculation to determine if it is worth it to fight zombies.  

first was infinite apples and infinite stamina...now....infinite loot

it has bugged me that can i loot farm on community servers so i decided to go one of the best server...
dayz village.after 30 minutes or something i managed to get gun,food,knife, some weapon attachments,water bootles,plums keep spawning three times row under tree.
6D8A208CBA91E9379C6674DCE06D4AEAA9A64D1F

this is from dayz steam page...
"Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases."

so is this central loot economy final?...devs say that this is complex system?...run between houses and get so much stuff that apocalypse just feels joke.
in last status report,there was nothing abou this?
is there community server where i cant do this?

• Beans 2

34 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

this is from dayz steam page...
"Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases."

so is this central loot economy final?...devs say that this is complex system?...run between houses and get so much stuff that apocalypse just feels joke.
in last status report,there was nothing abou this?
is there community server where i cant do this?

Seems your toon owns more stuff than I do in real life. "Gritty survival" my ass...

And yes, the latest status report seems to indicate that the devs are blissfully unaware of the issue.

I was wondering recently if I should give DayZ another try. Thanks for replying to this question.

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)
typo

2 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Seems your toon owns more stuff than I do in real life. "Gritty survival" my ass...

And yes, the latest status report seems to indicate that the devs and blissfully unaware of the issue.

I was wondering recently if I should give DayZ another try. Thanks for replying to this question.

maybe there is server where loot spawns more rarely...i dont know...but i choose village server for test because it has good community around,plenty of players and i thought that maybe its just little more hardcore server than others but not...
but i dont understand why server owners want to keep loot spawn rate this fast?...when you are playing and leaving town to take the next travel...dont you think that"when im 200 meters away from that poor town,its full of stuff again".

Hi guys,

to quickly catch up on what has been said:

1. Yes, we are aware of this issue.
  2. The economy is in fact very complex, because it is not the "CLE", it is just the "Central Economy", managing hundreds of different loot items across many thousands of spawn points across our giant map. Also including infected spawn, animals and dynamic events. Every new item needs to be included and balanced correctly. (we talked more about it in our Status Report from June 2018)
  3. If you uncover reliable routes where loot immediately respawns, please report them to our Feedback Tracker. Server IP, time and server pop when joining is also useful information.
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

And yes, the latest status report seems to indicate that the devs are blissfully unaware of the issue.

Respectfully Kirov- we (the HH) are focused on vanilla official public servers and our experience has been reasonable. There are things this game does better than any other... It needs work- holy does it ever- but this is literally like taking a step back to .3x or so with better, smoother graphics in most cases. Personally, that was my favourite time- this isn't true of everyone, of course. 

Yes- a lot of survival elements have been suspended... a lot of the customization crafting, fishing, bow hunting etc... base building isn't reliable and persistence is... well- we all know where it is. 

But to come back and get reacquainted with the game and its broader fine points... check out some of the new(er) map areas... I do recommend it. Put 10 hours in... yeah maybe turn a blind I to the fact that every shed has a pea coat or denim skirt in it. Maybe ignore the fact that day servers in the browser are night and nights are days and days are days and nights are nights. There are inevitably ALWAYS going to be some glitches that exhaust our patience but I think as a culture that's what DayZ loyalists have evolved adapting to...

I'm happy to blab around the forums about my disappointment in how the game got to where it is right now- and sometimes it makes me feel better but there are other times, like in game last night, where I enjoy still being a part of it and I think you will too.  We suffer from the fact that we rode the game to where it was 2 months ago and return to it with what feels like 80% of it stripped away but there is a whole new community of people who never experienced that and are really enthusiastic about it.

So... I'm just another guy... but I do recommend you come back and give official public servers a try. Tinker with base building on a small scale and leave the mods alone for a bit.

• Beans 1