ReloTuff Playz

Would you do this?

Dayz ethics  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do u switch servers for new loot

• Yep
    • Nope
  2. 2. If u saw a dude who wasnt answering your friendly calls would u shoot him.

• Yep
    • Nope

I found a good spot to loot after traveling in the forest. It was a couple military tents and i even found a camo tent, i looted the place dry then switched servers because my game glitched and i couldnt click x to use things.  When i waited 90 seconds then spawned i saw a dude a couple inches in front of me with his backed turned.  I said hi to him but he didnt move or answer so i didnt wait for him to turn around and shoot me so i shot his head with a shotgun.  He had a lot of things but most importantly he had food which i didnt have so i was happy.  He also had an ak and there was another ak on the bed and there was an m4 in the same room so i bet he was freaking out and went afk for his brother to brag about his findings.  So the lesson that i am teaching u is to never go afk while playing dayz.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1. Not intentionally, however I have looted the camp at Stray and been kicked off the server for whatever reason, and after re-spawning went back through the same camp, why would you not?  didn't gain much though so I would have been disappointed if I have hopped server with the sole purpose of gaining extra loot.

2. Depends, if he was just ignoring me and going about his business maybe if I thought they looked suspicious, otherwise live and let live.  If they were just standing there not responding, not moving, as if AFK, then as mentioned above, your dead, lesson learned.  

When I was building, I server hopped.

Have fun searching for dayz, maybe weeks, looking for building mats the non-server hopping way. Let's see how many nails you have lol

Kos no mics? Depends on the situation. Are they trying to kill me? Am I starving? Have I had my fix of de steak? Do they look more geared than me? Did they switch to a weapon after hearing me? Obviously, kos freshies is retarded whether they have a mic or not. I could go on...

• Like 4

To get a car going or building materials then yes . Apart from that not really . Kinda defeats the whole object of the game . Without looting what is there apart from pvp ? . Secondly it would depend on the given situation . If he has a weapon in his hand and also whether or not he can see me when I call out to him . if he advances with a weapon in hand without saying F all , that dudes getting smoked no question . 

• Like 4

When I started playing I hopped servers a lot and only played on low-pop servers.

That got boring real quick.

Now I find it waaaay more fun to mess around on the high-pop servers, and it can actually be a thrill NOT to be totally geared all the time and taking the challenges as they come.

For me this game is about the player-to-player interactions, not about running around with the heaviest guns and 20 mags and in theory being able to mow everyone down - but still playing on a low-pop server where a silenced ij-7o and 2 mags would be enough for most things.

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 2

First of all. i'm a solo player. I don't usually use a mic. I'm usually out hunting animals. i stay away from people but I try to help them when I can. I'm currently setting up a bambi safehaven. And I pretty much view having a second weapon as useless. only carrying rifles or pistols with a max of 2 magazines .

Say i spawn in the north, and my destination is Elektro. If i get to Kami and there's a gunfight going on i'm most likely going to hop to get around the fight. i could sneak around, find them and kill them. But why would I? I have no quarrel with these people. I just wanna get were i'm going in the least amount of time, and the least amount of bloodshed.

On the topic of shooting people. I reserve drawing my weapon for after I've  been pursued. If you point your weapon at me, fire at me or even if you seem unfriendly I'll break from your sight, run to a safe distance and decide what to do from there. If your still approaching me with a weapon in hand and a clear intent to kill me, this is when my gun comes out. I'm now already in cover, my stalker presumes i have no ammo and they are most likely out in the open and running towards me. They might even be fighting a horde of zombies at this point. I pop up and blow the poor guys lack of brains right out of his head. 

Bandits that are used to killing bambi's are terrible at using cover, probably because there's not much cover on the coast. That and there's usually no one shooting back at them. But some of them are also pretty good marksmen because of all the practice they get, so you cant always run from them. If i get shot and it hinders my movement i'll either move to the nearest cover or if there's no cover, i'll stay low to the ground and try to return fire. 

And if i'm running with other people (usually just someone who didn't attack me on sight) I will throw most of these tactics out the window and do almost anything I can to protect them. Most people don't use the same tactics as me so we usually end up getting in really close gunfights and trying to advance on our perceived enemy, as opposed to falling back to a safer vantage point. 

I've been sitting in the middle of the woods sorting through a barrel and I've had people run right past me. Literally meters away from me. They've never seen me and although I've drawn my weapon in panic, I've never fired upon them. If i were to engage they could have killed me and they would have looted my barrel and went on their merry way. even if I killed them there's a chance they'll come back to the area in search of me or my loot.

The general reason people shoot on sight is because they're scared. most people think you have to kill or be killed, and sometimes you do. But not all the time. Most times its better to just silently watch and listen then to start firing your gun off all willynilly and letting your enemies know where you are. 

So before you pull the trigger just remember: your giving away your position, your telling everyone else what your playing with, And when people hear gunshots they usually take it upon themselves to presume you're not friendly.   

• Like 2

I normally say hi and i did in this situation but there was no response and he was standing still. I was starving and had less than a quarter of a can of spaghetti. He had way better loot than me and he had an ak so i had to shoot him i couldnt give him a chance. Either way there was 2 ak and an m4a1 i found many mags and ak scope so it was fun.

19 minutes ago, ReloTuff Playz said:

I normally say hi and i did in this situation but there was no response and he was standing still. I was starving and had less than a quarter of a can of spaghetti. He had way better loot than me and he had an ak so i had to shoot him i couldnt give him a chance. Either way there was 2 ak and an m4a1 i found many mags and ak scope so it was fun.

I can agree with killing the guy. With that much firepower i doubt he was up to much good. I do think you missed a huge opportunity to mess with him. I mean if he was just sitting there you could have easily subdued him by pointing your weapon at him. telling him to drop his weapon or something. (If you don't have restraints) If he moves unannounced, pull the trigger.

If he was showing someone what he was up to. Imagine the look on their faces when they come back to you with a gun pressed to his head. You might've been able to question him and get some good intel. You could of robbed him of his weapons and left him defenseless. At the very least you'd get some kind of reaction from him. Instead he has to scratch his head at a red screen and wonder what happened. (Not going afk in a military tent should be common sense but some people do silly things) 

Out of all the possibilities you had, you chose to kill him while he's afk. The guy very well could have been friendly and trying to arm others. Maybe you could have teamed up and had a lot of fun. But instead the story ended with you putting a bullet in his brain. All you and him really gathered from the situation is that he HAD loot. Now he's a salty fresh spawn and your feeling remorse while looting his body (Also half of his items are destroyed) 

I have nothing against you personally. I'd be lying if i said i haven't though about how easily i could spray down my companions after picking up a gun. The point i'm trying to get at is that: the game is only as fun as you make it. He ran around, got all that gear, server hopped 50 times XD. And he gets rewarded with a red screen. Nothing else. Now he has to go through another 50 servers to get back to killing freshies or whatever he was doing. 

It's. Boring.

Interaction. Good or bad. Makes this game what it is. Don't get me wrong I used to love running down a road, checking every treeline and tall building for snipers. But on xbox KOS just seems so much more common. I meet more people who try to kill me than anything else. People just seem to run up and down the coast with a death wish and an M4 in their hands. 

Everyone has their own way of doing things. People like to be someone different when they play. I get it. But bandits and KOS'ers just make more bandits and KOS'ers. pretty soon everyone gets a kill or be killed mentality and the game basically turns into PUBG. (On a side note maybe that's why there's so many KOS'sers. They all play PUBG, Fortnite, etc.) You get get shot on sight so many times that you yourself become the KOS'er.

Maybe the community will mellow out once all the battle royale noobs get sick of killing eachother people will go back to playing nicely. Where we know the person shooting at us is a bandit and not just someone scared of dying again. This is why I give people a chance whether they're armed or not. you really never know whats what until you find out for yourself.

And uh yeah, I type a lot. 
Stay Friendly!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

When I was building, I server hopped.

Have fun searching for dayz, maybe weeks, looking for building mats the non-server hopping way. Let's see how many nails you have lol

Kos no mics? Depends on the situation. Are they trying to kill me? Am I starving? Have I had my fix of de steak? Do they look more geared than me? Did they switch to a weapon after hearing me? Obviously, kos freshies is retarded whether they have a mic or not. I could go on...

I have no problem finding nails. What i have a problem finding is tents because server hopping scum. I cant wait for locked characters. The tears will be delightful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Going AFK in any structure is a no-no for me, especially one that spawns military grade loot... that's just asking for trouble. As a smoker who doesn't smoke in the house, this makes for crucial decisions. Typically, I'll just log out, or hide in a thick tree cluster if there's one close by. I've seen friends hide in sheds when AFK and normally you wouldn't think the chances of being found in one would be terribly high, but I search them all frequently as I tend to find some of my favorite cargo pants in them (and a fair share of track pants too...). If I happened across someone who was likely AFK in a shed, I probably wouldn't shoot, given I wasn't startled off the bat and fired first...  xD

• Like 4

I play/loot on the same server everytime always have nl903 (I like a base server) I'll then gear up, build base etc.. Place strategically bury/stash gear round map, then jump to other servers for skirmishes and action.. No point hitting on yr own doorstep..

I hate this situation... "have they heard me, do they have a mic are they afk..." Using your instincts is all you can do, this is what makes dayZ.. 

It also tells you a lot about a people as well, shame the majority are kos!

• Like 1