Ryan JG

This is why I love the game!

Now I see a lot of people (myself included at times) hating on Bohemia Interactive and their Devs for a game that is broken. We've all seen the posts. But last night a had a moment in game that just shows how good the game is and how amazing it will be once completed.

I'm  a solo survivalist, as not many Australian's I know play. So since the latest update I decided to build a little camp, not worry too much about PvP and just try and survive the Apocalypse. Collect food and ammunition and slowly build walls to the camp.

I decided to take a journey down to Balota Airbase and then wrap to Pavlovo on my way up to Zelenogrosk. I estimated it would be a rough three hour journey. Once getting to the end of my scavenging I found four objects I needed for the base. Key items (like nails) that took me ages to find (I don't like to server hop).

Once geared up it was time to take the long trek back to camp... suddenly a pack of wolves descended on me,  I take two down and then another jumps at me from behind, ripping at my every limb. I open fire on taking the beast out. I run into the scrub and to safety.

But it wasn’t over.

I started noticing that my screen colour was changing and I was in fact bleeding out. "That's ok I'll bandage up and be on my way" I thought to myself. But stupidly at Zelenogrosk I dropped my bandages for nail! I was stranded in the woods with no bandages and bleeding. It was over, I was accepting my fair.

I then though since my pants were ruined ,I will rip them up for bandages! NOPE! Rockie error... because they were ruined I couldn’t use them for my first aid and to pour salt into my bleeding out wound,  because I took them off they had fallen apart with all my goods left on the floor.

Desperate to not die, I stumbled, pants-less, and nail-less to the nearest town and luckily the first house had a shirt I could rip up and patch my wound. I was alive and ready to get back to camp! On my way back to all my goods left in the woods I found Capri Pant. I never thought I would put these on but desperate times need desperate measures.

After that ,I ran back to the woods to get the supplies and now heading back to camp... with PTSD.

No other game has made me that panicked for survival and it is this reason why I love DayZ.

• Like 6
  • Beans 3

Had a similar event happen, except I was pinned in a shitshack by like 7 wolves. With no way out I opened fire to hopefully draw the attention of someone. Best move ever. A horde of zombies showed up. I got to watch the craziest gang fight. Shit must've lasted at least 10 minutes. I picked off the stragglers one by one and kept it pushing. Good times.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Had a similar event happen, except I was pinned in a shitshack by like 7 wolves. With no way out I opened fire to hopefully draw the attention of someone. Best move ever. A horde of zombies showed up. I got to watch the craziest gang fight. Shit must've lasted at least 10 minutes. I picked off the stragglers one by one and kept it pushing. Good times.

Yep! I love this. I watched a horde of Z's fight a pack of Wolves in Tisy. But for me I was chased by Z's and the Wolves came to my rescue. I sat on the roof of a military base and watch the fight take place.

Loved it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan JG said:

Yep! I love this. I watched a horde of Z's fight a pack of Wolves in Tisy. But for me I was chased by Z's and the Wolves came to my rescue. I sat on the roof of a military base and watch the fight take place.

Loved it.

Similar happened with me at tisy except it was 2 packs of wolves and like 30 zeds, absolute carnage followed by some target practice, got too cocky and about 15 wolves rushed me, didn't die but EVERYTHING was ruined :(

• Beans 1

Me and a mate just had one of those over-the top experiences too.

We log into a high-pop server in Kamyshovo, and within 10 seconds another dude with a gun on his back loads into the same building - he ends running away bleeding heavily pretty fast as we opened fire instantly.

The we slowly move into town where we see a low-geared player.

We decide that I should go up and try to talk to him as I looked way friendlier then my mate (who was in all military clothing and with a m4a1 on his back) and see what he was up to.

In the middle of the chat someone else (that I have not seen or heard) opens fire on me, and I struggle to make it back to the house with my partner where I start to bandage up with the 1 one bandage I have in my inventory.

Im still bleeding after using the bandage 2 times (my pants were ruined and my jacked badly damaged, so I was lucky to be alive), but got no more rags or anything and I can't say it out loud to my partner as there now is about 5 geared players outside (ghillies on heads and guns, proper geared!) _just_ outside our building and it seems like they are forcing another dude to box with one of them.

Me and my mate are just watching the situation and not saying a word (we dont use group-chat like little kids, we play the game like its meant), but suddenly I can see out the window that I got a clear line on 2 of them and I take my skorpion out, aim and mow 2 of them down in one full-auto burst using just 15 bullets (pretty lucky).

Its chaos outside, and soon after they figure out where we are hiding - so now we got 4 multi-geared players being pretty upset at us (but to be honest, it was them who started firing at me out of the blue and I had no weapon on my back or hands and was chatting to another dude, so they had it coming!) and taking up positions on the floor beneath us in this tiny house.

I am still bleeding and apparantly they can see the blood coming through the floor and downstairs, but I manage to tear up a ski-mask I had in my inventory and get 1 rag more which finally stops the bleeding, but by now I am down to yellow.

After a while we start to talk to them ("Hey, we are just having an apple-party up here, why are you angry" and such) and we try to come to a mutual agrement on how to handle this situation as none of us are very keen to run the stairs into waiting full-auto fire...

Unfortunately they seem eager to resolve the situation with gun-powder, so we tug ourselves in

One of them starts saying "Let me at them, im gonna charge up there and get them, just use me as cover and charge in after me".

Me and my mate were pretty sure that we were fucked (we had no way out, they were better geared and double as many as us) so we just hope to be able to take as many of them down with us as we can.

And just as we had thought they would come charging up the stair all hell breaks loose downstairs and we hear a AKM or a M4A1 being emptied to the last bullet and then silence...

We dont know WTF is going on, but then a voice comes downstairs and says "Dont worry up there, I killed all 3 of them down here, do you wanna call it a truce and split the loot together?"...

Apparantly he was someone they had picked up along the way, and he had gotten tired of them and that was apparently their big mistake (that and taking shots at me without warning or fair reason).

We dont believe a word he is saying and tells him that they might still be alive and that he might have fired the mag into the floor and that they all might be waiting for us to come down the stairs.

The dude from downstairs then says that he is willing to come up to us with his hands up so we can check the situation for ourselves - we agree and he comes up and I go down to check downstairs while my mate got him tied up and in front of his AKM.

And my god, he was telling the truth - downstairs was 3 dead extremely well-geared players with blue armbands that all were had stopped breathing very much and for a long time.

I looted first while my mate stayed with our "captive", then we changed roles and he looted and then we stayed upstairs and let the guy go downstairs to retrieve his stuff (we said that he had to drop all clothing before he came up to us as we didn't want no surprises) and loot whatever he wanted.

Unfortunately we only had 5 minutes to loot because of a server-restart, but we split it pretty evenly between us and I got away with an M4A1 with ACOG-scope and in a gillie-wrap plus 3 mags and still alive but with the adrenaline surging through me as never before!

Fun shit happens on US 4422! :)

PS - I never got the name of the dude that changed the whole situation downstairs in 1 second, but if you are out there both me and my mate would like to run with you - so contact me if you (or any of you other lads, I think one of you was from australia and I think one of you called out "they killed Andy" after I shot two of you out the window) sees this and we can split some tac-bacon! :)

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:49 PM, Ryan JG said:

Loved it.

Heyy I'm aussie & friendly. I'm usually on Tuesdays, Wednesday evenings and occasionally Saturday &/or Sunday evenings. Gt is same as username except no _

Edited by Thunderpants_AU
Clarification
  • Like 1