Sign in to follow this  
sniperfox

Very bad solar and night lighting

I'm from Russia.

I am writing through a translator, I hope you will understand me.

Please. PLEASE make the nights light, there is no interest in playing in the pitch darkness, why is the moonlight and starlight not reflected from water bodies, grass, roads, glass windows? Do something during the day, there was total darkness in the houses, because there is no lighting, let the sunlight shine into houses only through doors and windows, it will be interesting for people to play at night, it will not kill the gameplay, because in the forests and buildings there will still be pitch darkness and people still have to use flashlights, night vision devices, torches.I hope

I will at least be heard by someone and you will understand my request ...

There have been multiple complaints about this and attempts to have it fixed, but the devs don't seem interested in night time at all. Some trolls on these forms will respond to your post here and say "it's fine and as intended", but these very people use gamma hacks or nvidia geforce experience to correct lighting - I suggest you do the same.

Nights in DayZ are truly pitch black, one might just as well play with the screen turned off (not even exaggerating or joking) - and unless you're spawning in at day to try and find flashlights you're better of server hopping.

4 hours ago, daniel0056 said:

There have been multiple complaints about this and attempts to have it fixed, but the devs don't seem interested in night time at all. Some trolls on these forms will respond to your post here and say "it's fine and as intended", but these very people use gamma hacks or nvidia geforce experience to correct lighting - I suggest you do the same.

Nights in DayZ are truly pitch black, one might just as well play with the screen turned off (not even exaggerating or joking) - and unless you're spawning in at day to try and find flashlights you're better of server hopping.

Wait, what?  Are you sure the people that are okay with it are using gamma hacks?  That's not even possible anymore.  And using nvidia geforce to alter your gamma is pretty ineffective now.  Are you basing your information off of months old knowledge cuz that sounds like a bunch of bull.

49 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Wait, what?  Are you sure the people that are okay with it are using gamma hacks?  That's not even possible anymore.  And using nvidia geforce to alter your gamma is pretty ineffective now.  Are you basing your information off of months old knowledge cuz that sounds like a bunch of bull.

Not at all, I played last night and used GeForce Experience gamma and brightness customization to be able to see anything at all during night time.

Edited by daniel0056

Very dark nights are an entire part of the DayZ gameplay,Brightness and Gamma exploit a Cancer.