Sign in to follow this  
drgullen

New Weather Variables

Has anyone played around with these yet in the init.c?

//INIT WEATHER BEFORE ECONOMY INIT------------------------
    Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.MissionWeather(false);    // false = use weather controller from Weather.c

weather.GetOvercast().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.4, 0.6), 1, 0);
    weather.GetRain().Set( 0, 0, 1);
    weather.GetFog().Set( Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.05, 0.1), 1, 0);

Not that I want a pile of rain again like we had during the Beta period, but I don't seem to be able to make it rain for more than a few minutes.  In Beta, these values were much different and included the option to adjust the wind, which apparently you can't do at all now.

Also, there is a reference to a "weather controller" in the form of Weather.c but I have no such file in my server files or in the game itself.

If anyone can provide a description of these values -- what they mean and do -- it would be appreciated.

• Like 3

weather.c is in DayZServer/dta/scripts/game3... I have it on pastebin but I haven't had a a chance to mess with things... someone on reddit sent it to me... but they said they changed everything they could, all the settings they could and had no luck... 

Here is the pastebin if you want to look at it. IF I get anywhere i will pass it on.. .

https://pastebin.com/LgdaN8h8

NOTE: I can't get the changes I want to make save... I am not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Edited by cgibson2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the thing I noticed with the 1.0 init.c is that the weather is created before the hive whereas in .63, it was the other way around.  The other interesting thing I noticed was that the weather is apparently saved in the events.bin file in the persistence folder -- no matter what I changed the weather variables to, DayZ kept loading the previous weather I had.  Anyway, like you, I also tried replacing the weather with what was in the .63 init and now I can set it as I like.  I haven't had any luck with the wind, however.  I can set the max wind speed parameter to something very low to simulate calm winds, yet the game randomly start swaying the trees hard as if it's blowing pretty good anyway, so I think that part of it doesn't work, but with the .63 variables in place, I can set it to any combination of overcast, rain and fog that I want.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Spun Foonerisms said:

Hey, just made a topic on this, might be a fix for you: 

I just saw this today and tried it... at first it kept raining and foggy but then the longer played (and I added day/night cycle)... the sun came out at daybreak and NO RAIN!!