mrwolv

Server Persistance Still Broken

hi is anyone having Issues with server persistance i placed a mill tent down and did 3 hours of looting filled it up then 4 hours later it despawned with all items gone i did a fresh install of vanilla files so nothing has been edited just plane old vanilla files

KNOWN ISSUES

Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

why you take so long time to fix persistance pffffff i dont understand you lanch game in 1.0 with beug of persistance wowwww you are very very pro devs pffffffffffff

my server did not crash it despawned in front of my eyes will all my gear inside 400 slots full

34 minutes ago, Mostabdel said:

why you take so long time to fix persistance pffffff i dont understand you lanch game in 1.0 with beug of persistance wowwww you are very very pro devs pffffffffffff

we already heard you, thanx

Edited by pilgrim*
troll
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

my server did not crash it despawned in front of my eyes will all my gear inside 400 slots full

that's interesting - you put in a bug report ? - what despawned ? a lot more than one tent, I guess (400 slots) .. But no crash, you went right on playing? 

yeah i know it was odd but i was seting up base and it just despawned  whilest i was building base walls

17 hours ago, mrwolv said:

yeah i know it was odd but i was seting up base and it just despawned  whilest i was building base walls

For me i did not get what you had. all tent across chernarus stayed since ive put them yesterday but i had one issue today that i got out my car and pouff it vanished right in front of me and then later while i was driving in another car i saw it at the very same place it vanish earlier on.

7 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

Sometimes i stalk my players...and see a lot of bases....

Wolv ,what are u using 2012 or 2016 ?

what do you mean 2012 or 2016 lol

1 hour ago, mrwolv said:

what do you mean 2012 or 2016 lol

Windows server

You need to check lifetime of tents maybe it's too low or when your restarting your server your not doing it correctly

Just checkt, persistance is working. Barrels with gear, tents with gear, cars with gear. These all persist after restart(shutdown).

Edited by HeadRox

9 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

You need to check lifetime of tents maybe it's too low or when your restarting your server your not doing it correctly

how can a server restart be incorrect ?? its ran via battleye please explain

Your Restarts are via Bec I presume, which was designed for arma3 it doesn't shut your server down gracefully the latest patch notes said about using a third party software to handle restarts correctly use something like firedaemon and set it to graceful shutdown, Bec shutdowns are the equivalent of pulling the plug on a windows 95 machine

As the devs said, use "taskkill /IM DayZServer_x64.exe -- as long as you don't add the /F switch to force it, the server seems to shutdown gracefully every time (that's been my experience anyway).

we had the same problem now on our server. tent stayed fine for many restarts. it was placed 2 days ago. lifetime entry is vanilla 45 days (3888000).

yesterday it vanished, while the server was running, and players were nearby. there was no entry in the logs, only players online who owned the tent. 

I could not explain it yet, as it was during server running. the car parked next to it stayed. no crash or restart involved.

i certainly hope the "nominal" entry for LargeTent being 10 in vanilla does not mean, "built tents" despawn if new tents spawn in the loot? does a built tent still count towards that number?

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

I certainly hope the "nominal" entry for LargeTent being 10 in vanilla does not mean, "built tents" despawn if new tents spawn in the loot? does a built tent still count towards that number?

I believe the nominal number indicates the nominal amount of that item to spawn in the first place, so I would think somebody looting a large tent would eventually trigger the CLE to spawn another one, but I wouldn't think a tent in use counts towards that number.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I believe the nominal number indicates the nominal amount of that item to spawn in the first place, so I would think somebody looting a large tent would eventually trigger the CLE to spawn another one, but I wouldn't think a tent in use counts towards that number.

i also hope that it is only for tent spawns, not pitched tents.

but i am out of explanations otherwise. does not really invite to play on, if things just disappear. at least tents should not suddenly go away. unfortunately, without database, like in the past, you can't really just respawn it :(

otherwise the "min" value is the one which is spawned definitely. so i kinda read "nominal" as the "max" amount. 

One question: anyone knows if lifetime gets subtracted by ingame / mission date? Or is it just some steady countdown that gets loaded / saved?

My thought is this: currently the mission only allows the date to be between months 9 and 12. if however on first january the date jumped by one year, does that not wipe the server?

what if the date gets set back at server restart, and something has been placed "in the future" because of that?

Sorry, the despawning tent just gives me the creeps. All this does not completely explain why it disappeared at some random time while the server was running, but who knows...

Can we access lifetime by scripting?

9 hours ago, g4borg said:

One question: anyone knows if lifetime gets subtracted by ingame / mission date? Or is it just some steady countdown that gets loaded / saved?

My thought is this: currently the mission only allows the date to be between months 9 and 12. if however on first january the date jumped by one year, does that not wipe the server?

what if the date gets set back at server restart, and something has been placed "in the future" because of that?

Sorry, the despawning tent just gives me the creeps. All this does not completely explain why it disappeared at some random time while the server was running, but who knows...

Can we access lifetime by scripting?

I don't think that date comes into play for persistence.  I just tested this by downloading a copy of the persistence files from my host to my laptop.  I was standing behind a car that I've been driving with a trunk full of loot and I dropped my backpack on the ground behind me and I put a lone can of sardines in it.  After this, I stopped the server, edited the init.c file and pushed the date forward by a year.  I started it up again, logged in and absolutely everything was still there.  The car was there with all its loot in the trunk and the backpack was still behind me with the sardines in it.

I think probably the countdown timers as to when cleanups occur are within the binary files somewhere and they are probably just a number counting down to 0 when the server is up.  I believe the date of the server only comes into play to determine how much daylight there will be, the positions of the sun and moon, whether it's a new, half or full moon, etc.

• Thanks 1

so how do we stop persistance wiping ive had 3 mill tents now despawn from lastnight came on this morning and gone

On 1/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, g4borg said:

i also hope that it is only for tent spawns, not pitched tents.

but i am out of explanations otherwise. does not really invite to play on, if things just disappear. at least tents should not suddenly go away. unfortunately, without database, like in the past, you can't really just respawn it :(

otherwise the "min" value is the one which is spawned definitely. so i kinda read "nominal" as the "max" amount. 

Nope...Affects Fences, Barrels, Generators. My admins built their own bases and after about 4 days it was gone. It's REALLY hard for me to push my community to play Dayz SA at this point. I think we will head back to SCUM. 

Have no problems on our server... you have to add a backup system! Let a batch backup every 3 minutes