npmproductions13

Terrain textures not loading in Bulldozer correctly

Hi all so I yet again have another issue I can't seem to overcome by myself.

My issue is when I launch Bulldozer my terrain that's closest to the camera loads in but has a black texture, I'm certain my textures and layers.cfg is correct as no errors are displayed when generating the terrain and the textures for it.
I'm thinking this issue is to do with the settings I'm using in my samplers section for my map frame seen here.
c4CDwEU.png

Any detailed information or guides on how to calculate the samplers section properly would be appreciated, if my current ones above are incorrect.

As for the issue I'm facing currently here is another image, the thing that confuses me is the fact that the distant textures load correctly but once approached also go black.
pwrHlpE.png

I solved this problem by re-exporting my textures and satellite images as a 40960 x 40960 image. To achieve this I had to export 4 different files as 20480 and align them in the Terrain Builder.

So for example my 40960 sized terrain has x4 images that are 20480 in size and once "joined" in Terrain Builder they form the satellite map of 40960. This improved the quality of the satellite image from what I can see and also fixed my issue with the textures.
For reference here is an image of my raster layer so future viewers can see what I'm talking about.

PAAl9Ox.png

Edited by npmproductions13
Added more depth to the answer.

i was desperately hoping what you put here would help...16 hours trying to get my sat map to work....i hate these tools...

• Like 1

Hi mate, did you solve it then?
i found a youtube video showing how it could be possible solved here:

I'm having the same problem, and as soon as I go home I'll test this solution

5 hours ago, linker split said:

Hi mate, did you solve it then?
i found a youtube video showing how it could be possible solved here:

I'm having the same problem, and as soon as I go home I'll test this solution

I have tried this method, and it did not work, it actually broke Buldozer when i used it.

8 hours ago, Denuth said:

I have tried this method, and it did not work, it actually broke Buldozer when i used it.

I just tried it, and now it looks like this:

EP5pzPu.png

It looks like it does not want to load sat image when too close to the POV

SOLVED:

check path in all the cfg, hpp and rvmat files in your map directory, they need to point to textures in your data folder.

also when you open the layers.cfg, you should change the texture rgp to a proper texture file