ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.149923

1 minute ago, BAHADIR said:

Yes, the pistol suppresors are the decent ones which works fine but still you got lots of infected keeps coming at you even if you have it.

Hmm, that shouldn't be the case, at least in my opinion. A pistol suppressor should be a valuable and good method to take out infected without attracting too much attention from other infected. Only infected which are very close should react to it. I know in the past there have been bugs where the suppressor would work for the player and other players but not infected. A shot from a suppressed AK would attract the infected from the other side of a town. Even though they still make noise, it shouldn't be that loud that it attracts them from 100 m away.

The back sides of towers is always open or nah? Can you put a hesco barrier in the tower to have some cover or is that no go?

Release (the same bugs as 0.63):
- zombies are stupid when searching for a path and get stuck on the edges of models
- bug with shooting synchronization, and hit registration
- weather synchronization bug
- exposure in the forest and lowering the head returned, it is difficult to use the compass, the scale is not visible
- deformation of the skeleton of the character in different cases (dragging a large object, sitting in the car, etc.)
- various bugs with drawing clothes models on characters
- you can use ruined things until you take off
- ADA with the ability to launch into space (good joke with naming: ''ADA" in russian means "of hell")
- useless tools
- bug with a stack of firewood
- inadequate inventory
- the lamp for the headlights can not be pulled out of the box
- loot falls through polygons
- Loot can be updated by hand, if you pull out from the spawn point and move 100+ meters away
- tactical lights disappear from the forearm at relog
- barrels, tents disappear, as well as loot from them
- varous bugs with lighting (include less working lights while morning and evening nightfall)
- bug of drawing decals through smoke
- freezes, when changing clouds, and clouds appear sharply
- No need to survive, zombies are not scary. food a lot
- diseases do not work, even at 0.63 dirty water added a virus, now - no
- almost no system in the game works as it should.

=======================

BIS stays positive? Okay.

Edited by Tarrin
  • Beans 5

+ the inventory space of clothing items is horrible...there is nearly no need to find or craft a backpack or wearing a pink schoolbag over your camo clothing xD

All in all this feels like a very casual showcase trying not to scare off possible new ( console) players....most dangerous thing is trying to climb a radio tower ...

• Beans 4

i shot a deer 3 times with a 9mil pistol. but it survived. it could only walk, si i tried to stab it. after 2 minutes of intense knife stabbing. a let the buggy deer roam by itself.
in dawn abd night time the breathing steam is still good visible. looks wierd, as it should not be lighter than its dark souroundings.
i hope spraycans, bows an fishing will get in soon.
and hopefully the infected get a bit more brainy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MathTheRender said:

i shot a deer 3 times with a 9mil pistol. but it survived. it could only walk, si i tried to stab it. after 2 minutes of intense knife stabbing. a let the buggy deer roam by itself.
in dawn abd night time the breathing steam is still good visible. looks wierd, as it should not be lighter than its dark souroundings.
i hope spraycans, bows an fishing will get in soon.
and hopefully the infected get a bit more brainy

I had the opposite thing happen when I ran into a herd of cows in that when I shot my suppressed 9mm pistol I was able to kill 2 cows with 1 shot (probably just got lucky though) which I thought was kinda odd.

17k+ players on Monday after end of free weekend.

I think that's pretty good all things considered.

The average for this time on a weekday was often no more than 5k.

I see some Steam DB activity today as well, also a good sign.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 5

I concur, I think it shows there is a hardcore player base who love, but yet hate, this beautifully intricate and delicate game.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, EO said:

I concur, I think it shows there is a hardcore player base who love, but yet hate, this beautifully intricate and delicate game.

We will all love it 100% unconditionally when it . WORKS . PROPER !!! Imagine a smooth and working 1.1 build with helicopters , barricading , fishing from the sea (hell even boats) , advanced soft skills and all the missing items + weapons in addition to the unreleased weapons and items (m249 , less than lethal weapons , RPK machine gun ETC) ? We could all play THAT build for literal years . 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 4

today i played on my second character, and as i finished it looked like the first one was lost/overwritten. but i have selected exactly the first one. i guess its a bug too. in the first place i lost half an hour on trying to enter a game and not judt get rotten in a waiting queue. what was that all about?!

14 hours ago, IMT said:

Hmm, that shouldn't be the case, at least in my opinion. A pistol suppressor should be a valuable and good method to take out infected without attracting too much attention from other infected. Only infected which are very close should react to it. I know in the past there have been bugs where the suppressor would work for the player and other players but not infected. A shot from a suppressed AK would attract the infected from the other side of a town. Even though they still make noise, it shouldn't be that loud that it attracts them from 100 m away.

130dB Typical professional DJ system

Source: http://www.decibelcar.com/menugeneric/87.html

• Beans 2

I used pistol suppressor without attracting infected. Maybe it was ruined? One time I killed a few zeds and after a while I attracted them by shooting with my pistol. Then I recognized the suppressor was ruined because I used it to often.

Nighttime is just awesome, if you're not a freshspawn! It was sooooo scary looting myshkyno tents. One of us lightend the scenario and the others took the zeds down with knives and blades. They're attack was to heavy so we started shooting...PANIC! After all zombies where dead we started looting with one lightsource. Great and immersive! 

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

22 hours ago, Private Evans said:

+ the inventory space of clothing items is horrible...there is nearly no need to find or craft a backpack or wearing a pink schoolbag over your camo clothing xD

All in all this feels like a very casual showcase trying not to scare off possible new ( console) players....most dangerous thing is trying to climb a radio tower ...

This is so true.. i was appalled at how much clothing space we have now. There is no need for backpacks what so ever, CAns of food, pistols, flares all in your jeans ? no problem ! Maybe those extra pocket slots were for the free weekenders that were running around playing dayz like its pubg. Noobs

The 1.0 release is feeling pretty good tho despite its you know whats. Alot of freinds of mine that thought they accidently purchased the alpha back in the day have come back to something they are rather impressed by. Looking forward to the next 5 years :D

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Beans 2

23 hours ago, Private Evans said:

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

This is so true.. i was appalled at how much clothing space we have now. There is no need for backpacks what so ever, CAns of food, pistols, flares all in your jeans ? no problem ! Maybe those extra pocket slots were for the free weekenders that were running around playing dayz like its pubg. Noobs

The 1.0 release is feeling pretty good tho despite its you know whats. Alot of freinds of mine that thought they accidently purchased the alpha back in the day have come back to something they are rather impressed by. Looking forward to the next 5 years :D

This is very true, which is why I've made a suggestion that hints at, maybe the amount of space in the clothing items isn't the issue, but rather the fact that all the pockets are artificially sharing one large room for a specific piece of clothing, is where a logical limiting factor would come in handy in terms of balancing. Would be happy to get a vote and hear some feedback from you guys, regarding that ->

On 17.12.2018 at 9:02 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

17k+ players on Monday after end of free weekend.

I think that's pretty good all things considered.

The average for this time on a weekday was often no more than 5k.

I see some Steam DB activity today as well, also a good sign.

Also seen an massive all time high of negative reviews on steam ....and without persistence, survival mechanics, and zombies working properly asap it all will go down again very quickly...even with  most of pressing issues being fixed, missing and new content has to be added regulary and on a  real quick pace to keep things interesting. After watching the dev live stream I am even more worried if this will happen. I am expecting a lot of content being further postponed or even get canceled for good. 

Last but not least one thing that really got me shocked...when being asked about autorun, Peter stated that HE finds it immersion breaking and that if people would want this feature in the game they simply  should mod it...

Fucking hell this is pure arrogance!  Does this mean that if I want to have basic quality of life features like autorun or toggle ads and toggle walking/running which isn't in either I have to rely on mods ? As it is right now ..if I want to slowly clear an area I have to constantly press 3 to 4 buttons W, Strg, right mouse button and shift ( mousewheel) which is an absolute pain in the ass. Also if I want to run from Cherno outskirts to Castle Zub to meet my buddies, I can not simply toggle auto run and navigate with my mouse while drinking some coffee or eating a sambo...just because Peter finds it immersion breaking ??? 

World containers are also not coming since they would not add that much to the gameplay :/ and because working on other things like helicopters is more important.This means they are telling us the team can not work on helicopters and such an easy thing as world containers at the same time ???? World containers are nothing else then barrels or backbacks...inventories attached to stuff like  fridges, cupboards, mailboxes or wastebins..they do not contain physical items and also do not need to be persistent...wtf ?

Add a timer and a sound for searching...voila...every fucking survival game does it and people like it since it is much more fun and risk  to rummage through different containers than just having 90% of the loot just lying on the floor in front of you....

Same goes for music, lore background. writing notes and reading books....all stuff that is not really adding much...for the upcoming xbox and PS4 release that is...

I am not really happy about things....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Beans 4

12 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

We will all love it 100% unconditionally when it . WORKS . PROPER !!! Imagine a smooth and working 1.1 build with helicopters , barricading , fishing from the sea (hell even boats) , advanced soft skills and all the missing items + weapons in addition to the unreleased weapons and items (m249 , less than lethal weapons , RPK machine gun ETC) ? We could all play THAT build for literal years . 

Well they publicly said, they will be working on the game for 2019 with the full staff of 86 developers. After that is a grey and undefined area. Remains to be seen how much of what you named will be possible during this one year. Regarding helicopters, they said, it's high on the priority list, and the missing weapons will be implemented gradually and not all at once.

Edited by freerider3434

53 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Well they publicly said, they will be working on the game for 2019 with the full staff of 86 developers. After that is a grey and undefined area. Remains to be seen how much of what you named will be possible during this one year. Regarding helicopters, they said, it's high on the priority list, and the missing weapons will be implemented gradually and not all at once.

They've mentioned they'll be working on the game past 2019 as they've previously said they'd be working on it for 5 years after release.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

They've mentioned they'll be working on the game past 2019 as they've previously said they'd be working on it for 5 years after release.

Wow! I mean that's great news. I would much appreciate if you could point me to the source for this information, as I've kept a close eye on things and must have completely missed that.

7 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Wow! I mean that's great news. I would much appreciate if you could point me to the source for this information, as I've kept a close eye on things and must have completely missed that.

It mentions 2-5 years but if I recall correctly they said 5 years but that could change.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

It mentions 2-5 years but if I recall correctly they said 5 years but that could change.

Oh yeah, I read that. Forgive me, but the devteam has made alot of promises regarding roadmaps, release dates and deadlines, and have been breaking those. So that is why I do not have much trust in a statement that is "from 2015". Unless you have some statements from the past year or close to that, that doesn't mean much to me I'm afraid. =/

Server crash often with crashlog....

WIN-EB9PB1PVLF3, 18.12 2018 20:27:15

[cheat] HandleInputData man=SurvivorBase<dd1868f0> is cheating with cmd=HAND_EVENT event=HandEventSwap<c8c78cf0>
Class:      'DayZPlayerInventory'
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c:44
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:384
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:292

Runtime mode
CLI params: config serverDZ.cfg.active port 2302 profiles PlayerLogs adminlog  freezecheck  cpuCount 16 mod DayZ-SA-Tomato scrAllowFileWrite  

Pls look at this

Mfg Burschie

my server people hate dayz now. Buy the game and now:

"We spend some hours looting etc (new to dayz, known with arma dayz) but just after server restart all is gone. is that normal?"

I said YES :(((((

1 hour ago, Steffen Vo said:

my server people hate dayz now. Buy the game and now:

"We spend some hours looting etc (new to dayz, known with arma dayz) but just after server restart all is gone. is that normal?"

I said YES :(((((

Did you do persistence backups?

8 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Did you do persistence backups?

It's no more beta no more alpha... this just shouldn't be necessary. I know they're developing a long-term solution and it would be ok for me if the game is in Beta state... But it isn't.