ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0.149923

14 hours ago, IMT said:

Did you have the flashlight in your hand or did you put it away? I'm not sure if there is a way to hack gamma but keep in mind, there is a night vision scope in the game and it works miracles. He would be able to see you as clear as day. I stopped using my light sources as of today unless I'm traveling outside civilian of military area's. Had the option to kill a guy today in Novo because I didn't have a light on and he did. Was watching him from 10 m away and he was completely oblivious that I was there. Learning to loot and navigate in the dark gives you a ridiculous advantage. The person who can hide their light source the fastest or doesn't use a light source at all is the winner in this fight. Last weekend when looting the Kamenka military road block I suddenly saw a flashlight so put mine away very fast. I don't think he noticed my flashlight because I completely took the guy by surprise. But then again, I always say that people have horrible situational awareness and in most cases that's true.

I first turned it off and then I put it away to get my weapon. With that being said, it is odd why my friend saw a working flashlight on the floor next to my body. The guy that shot me didn't use a flashlight so far I noticed. Can't say 100%, but I am pretty confident he shot me with a pistol, so no probably no night vision. It either is a bug with the flashlight, or he found a way to boost up the gamma.

Edited by amadieus

I don't know if someone wrote this bug yet but yesterday, while playing on stable branch after pressing F4 (when character lays down) I lost AKM which was that moment in my hands.

EDIT: gun did not just jump out from my hands, it dissapeared without a trace - nowhere in my inventory, nowhere on the ground. Tried to relog but didn't help. I had black AK handguard rail with universal flashlight (without batery inserted), black AK polymer buttstock and silencer with goes with AKM (I think it was called Universal silencer

Please developers take a look at such bug because it is unpleasant to loose your gun just because you lay down for few seconds.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Gelff
  • Beans 1

Does anyone know how to connect to servers through their IP address? Apparently the server browser is bugged and doesn't show every DayZ server that's online as the one I play on is online but doesn't show in the browser and searching by name or IP doesn't seem to work.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Beans 2

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Does anyone know how to connect to servers through their IP address? Apparently the server browser is bugged and doesn't show every DayZ server that's online as the one I play on is online but doesn't show in the browser and searching by name or IP doesn't seem to work.

You can either use the Launcher and specify the IP and Port in the Parameters tab,

or use the -ip= -port= startup parameters, which is what the launcher does.

Edited by colinm9991
  • Beans 1

7 minutes ago, colinm9991 said:

You can either use the Launcher and specify the IP and Port in the Parameters tab,

or use the -ip= -port= startup parameters, which is what the launcher does.

Thanks!

Edit: Apparently it does appear but now shows up in the community tab instead of the Official tab but I am unable to connect to it.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Plz do something with zombie. They moves so slow and freezy If server  is full . I realy love this game. But zombie game without working zombie make me unhappy.( 

• Beans 3

On 15/12/2018 at 6:26 AM, sniper_i86 said:

What server is this? I could not find crash sites since AGES! I'm playing on SOS 1 these days, it is 24h day, so this optic will be useless on daylight servers. 

Normal un-modded private server. They are rare, but they are there. I also found some on public servers, but they didn't give me an early christmas like that one.

• Beans 1

13 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Normal un-modded private server. They are rare, but they are there. I also found some on public servers, but they didn't give me an early christmas like that one.

We are all jealous of you! ;)

• Beans 1

@Baty Alquawen - Can you have someone restart the servers in the following pics as they are broken and won't allow anyone to connect to them? There might be more but these are the only ones I know  about.

fqLiFoU.jpg

XugVBhn.jpg

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

@Baty Alquawen - Can you have someone restart the servers in the following pics as they are broken and won't allow anyone to connect to them? There might be more but these are the only ones I know  about.

I noticed that one of the Signapore 1st/3rd person Experimental server was low as well while the other one was high. Didn't try to connect to it but I suspected what you're seeing and that is that people can't connect to certain servers.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

what I noticed on our server:

- If you want to build a wall everything works up to the bottom of the wall nothing happens
- We only have 1 server crash per day, I see as a success
- Our tent and the walls we had built are probably gone after the crash, suddenly they were not there anymore. and something else you can almost never build (tents / walls ect.) you are looking for a place where it works
- the nights are still a bit dark
- Suggestion: If you have client-side mods on the server, you should see what mods are needed because of the players as in arma. maybe there is any possibility. that would be very useful.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Steffen Vo

19 minutes ago, Steffen Vo said:

what I noticed on our server:

- If you want to build a wall everything works up to the bottom of the wall nothing happens
- We only have 1 server crash per day, I see as a success
- Our tent and the walls we had built are probably gone after the crash, suddenly they were not there anymore. and something else you can almost never build (tents / walls ect.) you are looking for a place where it works
- the nights are still a bit dark
- Suggestion: If you have client-side mods on the server, you should see what mods are needed because of the players as in arma. maybe there is any possibility. that would be very useful.

sorry for my bad english

Nights to me are fine the way they are as you are now required to use light sources to see instead of gamma abusing to have an advantage and it makes light sources actually have a value instead of being pointless. 

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, neopas said:

Police camo pants seem to have different textures between 3pp and 1pp view.

I've noticed that they look like Military Camo Pants once you wear them.

• Beans 1

Just watched Sada's stream, seems Frankie is back in DayZ, he was playing with Sada. Let's hope he starts making DayZ video's again, that would be so awesome!

• Beans 3

23 minutes ago, IMT said:

Just watched Sada's stream, seems Frankie is back in DayZ, he was playing with Sada. Let's hope he starts making DayZ video's again, that would be so awesome!

Haha I always liked his cinematic videos , they really felt like you could see a story unfolding - and it felt as if there were more features when it was all just RP .

I can’t wait until the TRUE dayz 1.0 comes out with all of the features we deserve, big free and crazy easy to record and make stories out of .

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Nights to me are fine the way they are as you are now required to use light sources to see instead of gamma abusing to have an advantage and it makes light sources actually have a value instead of being pointless. 

I agree. Just a few versions ago it was still unplayable on the experimental branch at night, but now it's a totally different story, and it feels great. It's a bit weird though, it almost feels like the old ArmA 2 DayZ mod when I play at night using the weapon flashlight. Feels great.

2zzu61t.jpg

• Beans 3

Is anyone else seeing their gunshots not having any affects on the infected?   I'm worried that it may be the same for actual players, but I've been lucky enough to not test that theory on a player.

36 minutes ago, shinjuru said:

Is anyone else seeing their gunshots not having any affects on the infected?   I'm worried that it may be the same for actual players, but I've been lucky enough to not test that theory on a player.

Yeah, this happened to me a couple of times today with an MP5.  Infected rushing me, I ADS and shoot them when they're about 10-12 feet in front of me, no reaction or blood from the infected.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, shinjuru said:

I noticed also on a player, it happened with a Mosin. And for this argument, the damage system, I want to ask: at the moment is the damage system broken? How is possible that a man can take 2 Mosin shoot and still able to move and answers to fire??? (the player was bleeding but when I was chambering another bullet he killed me)

And I can see broken hit detection also yesterday in Twicth stream at 6pm (Europe). Peter Nespesny clearly hit the target with a mosin... Nothing happened, it seems a ghost bullet... For not talking about the very bad and poor FPS performance (I think he was about 15-20 frames per second.... Unplayable and unacceptable for a 2018 game with a build called 1.0.... )

6 hours ago, shinjuru said:

I play on a Roleplay server so i spend a lot of time shooting zombies and not being afraid of getting sniped by someone. i dont realy know how hit detection works on players but i know how it works with zombies. for some reason zombies are completely immune to bullets when indoors or standing very close to a building outer wall. but if you shoot them outside it works just fine.

Last night I wanted to play for a short time to see whats new, like half an hour maybe. But decided to quit the game in 5 mins. Full and high servers have excessive rubberbanding and you just cant place tents easily. I lost half my health because of rubberbanding and suddenly out of nowhere falling from the sky. Infected are still a mess, they just get stuck on objects and corners of houses. Servers which show daytime on the menu are completely dark when you join them, and server crashes keep changing the time of the server. To shoot the infected from head, you must be a copy of legendary cowboy Wyatt Earp (cowboy hats may help to a degree), and shooting them from the body doesnt register the damage at all, you will kill them if you are lucky. Silencers dont work, they still attract all the infected around the town.

I think taking a break like 6 or 10 months from this game will help anyone who have disappointed with this situation. All will get better and we will have a good, balanced, playable version of the game. Cheers.

Edited by BAHADIR

13 minutes ago, BAHADIR said:

Silencers dont work, they still attract all the infected around the town.

Try using a pistol suppressor to shoot infected rather than an AKM or M4. They make way less noise and unless another infected is really close, you won't aggro others. At least, it was this case when I last used a pistol suppressor.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Try using a pistol suppressor to shoot infected rather than an AKM or M4. They make way less noise and unless another infected is really close, you won't aggro others. At least, it was this case when I last used a pistol suppressor.

Yes, the pistol suppresors are the decent ones which works fine but still you got lots of infected keeps coming at you even if you have it.