Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

Slow motion infected

One thing I've noticed in 1.0 is that the infected move very slowly, and in a stuttering motion. Is this a known issue?

• Beans 1

Mine just get stuck in doors, trees, bushes, pretty much anything. Truth be told, I do not see any change at all from the zombies we had before to the zombies we have now other then the bleed effect coming when struck.

• Beans 1

For me at first they seemed not to detect me unless I got really close in front. Then they were able to detect me from farther away, except when they aggro they would move very slowly. Like 1/3 the speed I see in YouTube videos, and their movement was very jittery instead of smooth.

I think this issue could be related to server population. In a few tests, I encountered this issue on an official server with "High" population, then in TOPEREC Community server 1pp with population "Low" the zombies move properly without stuttering or teleporting. A lot of works the devs have still to do, for netcode and server optimization

43 minutes ago, GigiGamer87 said:

I think this issue could be related to server population. In a few tests, I encountered this issue on an official server with "High" population, then in TOPEREC Community server 1pp with population "Low" the zombies move properly without stuttering or teleporting. A lot of works the devs have still to do, for netcode and server optimization

You're probably right, as I was joining full 60 player official servers. I encountered wolves later and they were moving slow-motion as well. I can escape the infected by simply jogging away. And fun fact, I just died for the first time when I got in a Lada 4x4. It started bouncing around uncontrollably and launched 150 feet into the air while spinning wildly. I died on impact...

I believe this game has much potential but these game-breaking bugs need fixing. The game needs much more content so it doesn't feel like a walking simulator, and I would like a higher player count like 75-100 because I can travel for hours and never see another player. I wouldn't mind this if the environment was challenging, but it was boringly easy to survive on my own and I ended up dying to a bug after investing about 3 hours acquiring gear.

I think infected should be significantly dangerous.

Edited by Survivor1431

21 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

You're probably right, as I was joining full 60 player official servers. I encountered wolves later and they were moving slow-motion as well. I can escape the infected by simply jogging away. And fun fact, I just died for the first time when I got in a Lada 4x4. It started bouncing around uncontrollably and launched 150 feet into the air while spinning wildly. I died on impact...

I believe this game has much potential but these game-breaking bugs need fixing. The game needs much more content so it doesn't feel like a walking simulator, and I would like a higher player count like 75-100 because I can travel for hours and never see another player. I wouldn't mind this if the environment was challenging, but it was boringly easy to survive on my own and I ended up dying to a bug after investing about 3 hours acquiring gear.

I think infected should be significantly dangerous.

The infected are dangerous, I was playing few minutes ago again in TOPEREC community server, with Low population, only to try some shooting I shoot at 1 infected (with BK-133), they were about 8 or 10 around. So they started to run on me, they killed me, now if they are in group are a threat (they also make you bleeding). Devs have to work for optimization netcode (at the moment the game it's not intended and optimized for 60+ slots on server, but only 60)

9 minutes ago, GigiGamer87 said:

The infected are dangerous, I was playing few minutes ago again in TOPEREC community server, with Low population, only to try some shooting I shoot at 1 infected (with BK-133), they were about 8 or 10 around. So they started to run on me, they killed me, now if they are in group are a threat (they also make you bleeding). Devs have to work for optimization netcode (at the moment the game it's not intended and optimized for 60+ slots on server, but only 60)

Yeah I have yet to see how dangerous they are when functioning correctly. Based on YouTube videos they seem pretty quick.

I can confirm that the infected work normally when I join a low pop server. And they are quite threatening in swarms especially as a fresh spawn. So hopefully they fix this issue soon.

47 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

I can confirm that the infected work normally when I join a low pop server. And they are quite threatening in swarms especially as a fresh spawn. So hopefully they fix this issue soon.

Fingers crossed, fix and content will come

Gonna look for a high pop server and see what happens.  Will report back with my findings and possibly a video

13 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Gonna look for a high pop server and see what happens.  Will report back with my findings and possibly a video

I think it is definitely related to the server population because when I was playing on The Village yesterday, which was high pop when I joined, the infected were moving in slow motion but also noticed a small delay in opening doors and having trouble moving into a building (getting stuck on the door after I opened it).

1 minute ago, IMT said:

I think it is definitely related to the server population because when I was playing on The Village yesterday, which was high pop when I joined, the infected were moving in slow motion but also noticed a small delay in opening doors and having trouble moving into a building (getting stuck on the door after I opened it).

Uploading a video from a high pop server.  The infected didn't move in slow motion but the movement was janky as all hell.  They's start to spring, stop, sprint, stop

Just now, Survivor1431 said:

Official, v1.0, 60 players

Odd because I joined an official high pop and was in Electro in the video I posted and the infected did not act like that at all.  They just stutter ran.  

1 minute ago, Survivor1431 said:

Dunno, they were smooth and fast on a low pop official server I joined.

Attempting to join a full pop.  Just waiting in queue.  Did you join a high ping server by any chance?

4 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Attempting to join a full pop.  Just waiting in queue.  Did you join a high ping server by any chance?

The servers I joined ranged from 90 - 130 ping. Most of the full servers have over 100 ping for me.

Edited by Survivor1431

3 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

The servers I joined ranged from 90 - 120 ping. Most of the full servers have over 100 ping for me.

Just joined a full server and spawned outside of electro again.  No issues with the infected but the game did just have a 5mb update

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Just joined a full server and spawned outside of electro again.  No issues with the infected but the game did just have a 5mb update

I joined one as well and the problem persists. Persistence...

Edited by Survivor1431

Just now, Survivor1431 said:

I joined one as well and the problem persists. Persistence...

name of server?  I'll see if it happens when I join it

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

name of server?  I'll see if it happens when I join it

I forget but I can find a new one. I just joined a low pop server with 130 ping, and the infected work normally.