kopo79

DEVS?when there are diseases examble of eating meat raw?

when there are diseases examble of eating meat raw?
i have now tested eating whole deer raw,human,10 chickens,drinking alcoholic tincture...havent got any problems or are the symptoms delayed or there is no system in game?
when you can eat meat raw,you dont need to find matches,make sticks,make fires on forest or houses...cooking pot is useless,tripod...etc.
i got one time sickness but it was after drinking from pond and drinking gasoline.

• Beans 3

Please?...i have also made ticket to bug tracker.

Some clarification on this would be very welcome. I'd expected that 1.0 would have diseases working properly to be honest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Some clarification on this would be very welcome. I'd expected that 1.0 would have diseases working properly to be honest.

There is no survival aspects besides bleeding in game.  Very disappointing to be honest.  They should feel bad for releasing the 1.0 this way

• Beans 1

over 5 months ago they spoked it in status report that enviromental exposure and diseases are coming back in....

Environmental Exposure

The temperature system will start working without any repercussions first to gather more information on how harsh we want to get.

Diseases

Diseases and associated effects (coughing, sneezing and more) are returning as well as items that resolve possible negatives, such as purification tablets. This includes the possibility of diseases transfer from player to player and items.

where is it?...
is there really someone who have been suffering cold and and almost died in it?
is the system delayed in gametime when eating raw meat?...maybe after 8 hours of playing,character starts to vomit?
i dont know....but i dont wanna even test it.it would be easier to just get answer from somewhere.i have allready 800 hours of testing:D

• Beans 1

why often if you ask something dead matter devs,long dark devs,scum devs...you may usually get some answer....but dayz devs...they are ghosts.
they "discuss" just one way discussion.
84 devs and no one cant answer?
should i test another day in my life things that not maybe even exist and comes next year?

• Beans 1

It's right as described in SR, the diseases are ingame, only with the effects of audio. The real impact on the body is not yet activated. But that can have 2 reasons:

1) The effects of the diseases are part of the "Internal Damage System" that will be completed after 1.0. (Bone fractures are also part of this, this has been announced).

2) Now with 1.0 are a lot of "newer" players who would be very frustrated in DayZ, because there are many other conditions in the game that make it difficult for you in the beginning (If you know where the wells are, you have already won much .... because we did not know that at the beginning.)

What this may reward is that the impact will be staggered in the future. Because in DayZ up to 0.62 it was not possible to be "twice sick". If you were sick of eating worms (food poisoning), then you could not get cholera until the first illness was gone. If the future includes graduated diseases then it will mean a whole different "play". (remember that you can transmit diseases).

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

yes...maybe you are right...sad thing again is that game for us older players is in playable state next year.
but i think that you can have some effects from dirty water...why not just put that same effect on raw meat?
maybe its not that simple but as placeholder.
its just kills my gameplay when im cutting tree and finding matches to make fire in house to cook some meat...in back thought i have always thought...
"you can eat it raw,why bother".

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, kopo79 said:

its just kills my gameplay when im cutting tree and finding matches to make fire in house to cook some meat...in back thought i have always thought...
"you can eat it raw,why bother".

Again, I agree with you. Yes, for players with many hours of gameplay in DayZ, it's frustrating ... just easymode (? Ok .. there's a challenge ... because there's already mod's that disable the "survival effects" or make it easier ... those mod's out there it just because there are people for the DayZ already seems too difficult?!?).

But to your text: The answer here is, yes, it's easy if you know how to make a fire. But...

How many times does a player die of starvation / thirst or is killed ... until he knows how to make a fire, or just that it is possible.

Because: There is no tutorial for DayZ, no tutorial, just nothing that shows you what is possible, how it works, how to find it out. If you buy DayZ and only play with the "BI manuals", you have chosen the biggest difficulty factor to get started.

Everyone can only see the "real dayZ feeling" at the very beginning, no matter what BI does, with more than 1000 hours playing time this feeling can not be seen anymore.

Now that DayZ is 1.0, now that many new ones are "trying it out" ... just this point in time would be the wrong thing about "Visitor or Interested Player" due to lack of cooking skills ... by dying of various diseases in the streets of Chernarus (imagine ... they try to defeat the disease ... and it succeeds ... and 5min later you die, because you are weak again raw meat ... because the solution, the "Wood / Rags / Fireplace / Astwood / Stick / Bark / Firedrill --> in short:cooking" because of the illness is forgotten)

Therefore: The design of the map and the vision to have a hard coast and to lure players with better loot inland, this only works with players who already know the game with the basics. Creating a map where you always have reasons to move means that you can not find everything everywhere ... what the East offers you will not find in the West ... imagine it would be with the food / drink (wells ;-) ) like that 

Edit: I feel the same, I miss the claim of the hard world on the body, and I expect the influences back .... but ... I can understand it sometimes when you meet a player who says "thank you", because you him save with a fruit and he is grateful to you for giving him some tips.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Beans 1

i think that you were my steam friend in some time?
maybe next year we can meet in chernarus?....
your bad english and my bad english...we can survive?
:D

but for new players....i was new player also and i just study the wikis and read the forums on net...
but you can really see what everyone wants from the game...
MAX 4X LOOT....NO STAMINA...8X AIRDROPS....NO INFECTEds...NO DISEASES...NO GAMEPLAY

even minecraft has more difficult survival than dayz

devs...why you are cooking chickens in this stream?
you dont have to...

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

16 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

It's right as described in SR, the diseases are ingame, only with the effects of audio. The real impact on the body is not yet activated. But that can have 2 reasons:

1) The effects of the diseases are part of the "Internal Damage System" that will be completed after 1.0. (Bone fractures are also part of this, this has been announced).

2) Now with 1.0 are a lot of "newer" players who would be very frustrated in DayZ, because there are many other conditions in the game that make it difficult for you in the beginning (If you know where the wells are, you have already won much .... because we did not know that at the beginning.)

What this may reward is that the impact will be staggered in the future. Because in DayZ up to 0.62 it was not possible to be "twice sick". If you were sick of eating worms (food poisoning), then you could not get cholera until the first illness was gone. If the future includes graduated diseases then it will mean a whole different "play". (remember that you can transmit diseases).

This is just as bad as the infinite running we had back in the day.  All they are doing is coddling new players and enticing them to maybe actually buy the game then all of a sudden pull the rug out from under them with these new effects?  That's horseshit.  These things should have been in on day one of release

• Beans 2

To Guy Above - You've always seemed like a big defender of DayZ.  While we've disagreed in prior threads, unfortunately it seems we're now more aligned with our take on 1.0.

It's disappointing that they released it like this. The fact that even you (no sarcasm here) are disappointed that the release has almost zero survival aspects actually bums me out. For both of us. 

It bums me out because the release has disappointed even the most long term & loyal DayZ veterans. Persistence is trash still after years (and sorely needed with base building as a major attractive feature).  1.0.  Base building advertised as a great feature to lure people to DayZ.  As countless players are reporting here (and on Steam Forums) persistence is hardly working consistently.  It's a gamble to dedicate the time needed to build a base.  Furthermore, there are almost no major survivability features such as diseases, broken legs etc. 

DayZ has taken far too long to deliver far too little. I'm half ass enjoying 1.0... But in the same way I've enjoyed the last 5 years. For a few hours and then go run something else that's not a klunky mess.  Actually, I think I enjoyed it even more some time ago when far more survivability and other features were in . . . 

Edited by redmantab
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, redmantab said:

To Guy Above - You've always seemed like a big defender of DayZ.  While we've disagreed in prior threads, unfortunately it seems we're now more aligned with our take on 1.0.

It's disappointing that they released it like this. The fact that even you (no sarcasm here) are disappointed that the release has almost zero survival aspects actually bums me out. For both of us. 

It bums me out because the release has disappointed even the most long term & loyal DayZ veterans. Persistence is trash still after years (and sorely needed with base building as a major attractive feature).  1.0.  Base building advertised as a great feature to lure people to DayZ.  As countless players are reporting here (and on Steam Forums) persistence is hardly working consistently.  It's a gamble to dedicate the time needed to build a base.  Furthermore, there are almost no major survivability features such as diseases, broken legs etc. 

DayZ has taken far too long to deliver far too little. I'm half ass enjoying 1.0... But in the same way I've enjoyed the last 5 years. For a few hours and then go run something else that's not a klunky mess.  Actually, I think I enjoyed it even more some time ago when far more survivability and other features were in . . . 

It's unfortunate how they handled this release.  Actually everything leading up to the beta was fairly piss poor.   The went back on their "no base building stance" due to all the foot stomping and temper tantrums that were being thrown around for it and focused all their resources on that instead of working on the core features of the game.  I clearly recall that base building was not in the plans and it was just going to be barricading of the current in game buildings.  Well, that got thrown out the window because we don't even have barricading of buildings at all.  Now this may not all be on the devs but from the powers that be from above going, "I think we'll be able to make more sales if we make our game a base building simulator instead of a survival simulator"

On 12/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, kopo79 said:

devs...why you are cooking chickens in this stream?
you dont have to...

Maybe they want to show that cooking is a thing?

It's not always about min/max everything.  Try to just have fun.  Sometimes the game isn't about seeing how fast you can acquire items, how many people you can kill,  how fast you can travel, or more/less how productive you can be.

Why bother hunting animals when you can just find a shovel and eat raw worms?  Why leave the coast?  You can fight with a stone knife and just collect apples!  Why play video games at all?  How practical is that?

• Beans 1

Yes...i understand that they just wanna show that cooking is thing but for me...its not finished feature if you can eat raw.

Why not add weapon but no bullets to game?...if you add something to the game...add it as whole feature and side effects within.

Yesterday i was testing game again...and i found cooking pot...i leaved it on ground.matches...nope...at dark,craft fireplace...nope...coldness doesent affect you.

Come on...its almost half year when they said that enviromental exposure and diseases are coming back in...eating whole deer should give you some proplems

Half year i have always tested these things for every build...no reason to play.

I thought that big update 1.0 is gonna fix these things.but no.

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Yes...i understand that they just wanna show that cooking is thing but for me...its not finished feature if you can eat raw.

Why not add weapon but no bullets to game?...if you add something to the game...add it as whole feature and side effects within.

Yesterday i was testing game again...and i found cooking pot...i leaved it on ground.matches...nope...at dark,craft fireplace...nope...coldness doesent affect you.

Come on...its almost half year when they said that enviromental exposure and diseases are coming back in...eating whole deer should give you some proplems

8 hours ago, redmantab said:

I agree 100% with your opinion. At the moment this isn't a survival game, you have only to take care for drink and food (easy because you can drink dirty water or eat raw meat without conseguence for the character). So the game it's only shoot infected and players, that's all.... And you don't have to astound about the state of this 1.0 release build.... Because clearly it's not a 1.0 but still alpha release... They only put a 1.0 version name only to sell next year to PS4 (Sony doesn't allow Early Access game on his store)and also for not take the risk from Steam to delete the game after 5 years of Early Access without a finished release. It's the thruth and devs know this, they won't clearly never admit this but the thruth is this. I have no other answers to explain a 1.0 release rushed in this state.... For not talking about the very bad and poor FPS performance and broken damage system....

How is possible that a man can take 2 Mosin shoot and still able to move and answers to fire??? (the player was bleeding but when I was chambering another bullet he killed me)

And I can see broken hit detection also yesterday in Twicth stream at 6pm (Europe). Peter Nespesny clearly hit the target with a mosin... Nothing happened, it seems a ghost bullet... For not talking about the FPS performance (I think he was about 15-20 frames per second.... Unplayable and unacceptable for a 2018 game with a build called 1.0.... )

OM NOM NOM NOM

8C974505CFC680BEEACEE1287A7DD40355BB27AC

more
039D1AB9122A79596F9ECCACBEFD91F41DFDA1AB

then potato with my bloody hands
9C76A5A31B360E0A151D7AA1F457057614639D1D

im hungry
84C166B6E552ABE6BFF6E30A6FBBF6B8AC4F1833

i like you silent
1F2E0F9836C68A087067CF512614E7D650CA49E6

good for my stomach

BF44B391FEF86850D67C21D428851D58CC9CEA7E

B908B066A5793FBC63B9C9A52E7D1F36EA9A9AF8

i like my worms bloody
209326F5AA8E1AD19BCC3955EFFC11A3743343AF

i also farmed some town...killed about 6 infecteds....collect stuff and runned in woods about 200 meters...little bit waiting and runned back to town.
more infecteds and more food for me...bloody food.
also chickens seems to spawn sometimes back in same town.
E6D2C0BA68A868B54BCF3FB1FCF94432F5965D37

never been better.
so conclusion...i can eat whole sheep,cow,deer raw...as dessert 10 raw chickens...but if i take little sip from pond im eternally ill.
thanks and bye

• Like 1

Can this get moved to the troubleshoot forums or locked? Devs don't reply on the general forums.

12 minutes ago, tandwan said:

Can this get moved to the troubleshoot forums or locked? Devs don't reply on the general forums.

The barely reply period

1 minute ago, Guy Smiley said:

The barely reply period

They reply, in the bug area haha. They don't read this clown fiesta of a forum.

29 minutes ago, CaptainAzimuth said:

What are you guys talking about? Been to Japan a few times and had plenty of Raw Steaks, i'm totally fine. XP

Wow dude, you think you're fine, but you look pretty BAD to me..what is that green stuff coming out of your ears and the corners of your eyes?  Is that Wasabi ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Parazight said:

Maybe they want to show that cooking is a thing?

It's not always about min/max everything.  Try to just have fun.  Sometimes the game isn't about seeing how fast you can acquire items, how many people you can kill,  how fast you can travel, or more/less how productive you can be.

Why bother hunting animals when you can just find a shovel and eat raw worms?  Why leave the coast?  You can fight with a stone knife and just collect apples!  Why play video games at all?  How practical is that?

Kopo has a point - why even act as if cooking is necessary , when it isn’t due to the bacteria / sickness feature still not being complete (even at 1.0 stage when it was promised far before that).  Its almost like tricking the willfully ignorant into thinking dayz is more fleshed out than it is. 

Diseases from raw meats worked on the old engine , but now that were on the new engine it seems like it’s completely defunct ... this would be ok in alpha , but why even showcase cooking at 1.0 stage if it’s other tangent features (sickness from raws) are still broken and on top of this Everyone is aware that cooking has Been in since year 2, and the bacteria system is broken? 

Like I said , they are targeting the “willfully ignorant” with this one , and it’s a cheap tactic indeed . 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, tandwan said:

They reply, in the bug area haha. They don't read this clown fiesta of a forum.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T134945

You mean bug tracker?

Reddit?

Livestream?

All attempts in every channels have failed