Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

I got the popcorn, but missing something.

Oh ya got any salt?

Joking aside how is the game guys, just loving it i bet? all around hugs to the devs for the release? What are your thoughts.

i just dont understand...how can you hype this release to the moon and not see that frames have dropped to levels we havent seen since the old engine?  i mean do they not test these releases before pulling the trigger?  man, i have been a die hard since 2013 and still am, but this i just cant understand....this is make or break time for a lot of people (not me) and this just isnt going help the cause.  first time i can honestly say i'm afraid for the future of this game.  not afraid the die hards will leave or anything, but the population is going to be so low we are going to have a ton of empty servers.

Yeah, FPS is terrible even on the coast which is quite a shock. Prior to today I was running everything on extreme with Vsync on and rarely if ever saw my FPS dip below 60. Now I log in and spawn near the factory, FPS below 40 and no amount of tweaking can fix it. Gonna give it a few days and come back I think. 

As for the server filter, that is awful. It struggles to load all the servers and lags like crazy while doing so, the filters respond when they fancy doing so, and it is a struggle to get the cursor to sit on a server to actually join it without it jumping elsewhere. 

As for the gameplay, not really sure, couldn't face running with my FPS that low so I logged out, glad to say I did speak to a guy in game before doing so and he had exactly the same problem. Along with the fact it looked like animations were missing for both of us when either of us looked around and moved, head movement jumped around all over the place. Very strange considering how well it ran prior to this update. 

Salty for me, pls.

damn i need to update my sig.

Edited by element47
  • Beans 2

32 minutes ago, redmantab said:

I thought persistence was in the 1.0 release.  That isn't in either?  Please elaborate.

Bases can be randomly wiped. Persistence has not been functioning properly for quite some time.

Welcome back, element.

• Like 1

Ouch rough start then? persistence some saying is holding in. Private servers though, so maybe public is effected?

AFAIK persistence has been sorted. Some server owners dont close down correctly which causes issues, plus there was a popular mod also causing these issues.