ImpulZ

DayZ Stable Update 1.0

8 minutes ago, Fester808 said:

Do servers owners need to wipe the database for this patch? 

I believe they said you should to avoid persistence errors ... don’t take my word for it though 

12 minutes ago, Fester808 said:

Do servers owners need to wipe the database for this patch? 

Yes, they recommend server owners do a full persistence wipe for this patch.

Had a gun on my back and a gun in my hands. Lost connection to the server. When I logged back in both guns had disappeared. I was hoping this sort of thing would never be a problem after all the time and work gone into the game. But stuff like this just makes me feel like, what is the point in playing and looting if a disconnect from the server can just delete it?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vigil Vindex said:

Had a gun on my back and a gun in my hands. Lost connection to the server. When I logged back in both guns had disappeared. I was hoping this sort of thing would never be a problem after all the time and work gone into the game. But stuff like this just makes me feel like, what is the point in playing and looting if a disconnect from the server can just delete it?

Yes I hope the devs will prove that this engine is stable sooner rather than later ... we all can see dayz has made great improvements but the foundation needs to be rock solid and work without a doubt ; as of right now it’s a little sketchy.

1 hour ago, SmokeyFTM said:

Výborně

Now I’m up all night to play dayz

Lol at first I thought the title was cringe and the video would be too , until he said “oh fuck that hurt”and it  hit me right in the nostalgia feels . Good video mang .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

Well despite the small FPS issue we have when using Launcher I must say so far I am impressed!   No client crashes all night, no Server crashes for my server and our server was packed full within minutes of the update!  Had to increase slots :D

Good luck with the game as you guys continue to improve it and will look forward to what you have in store for us all!

Congrats To The Dev Team!

Congratulations, DayZ Team!   Looking forward to loading this up right now.   Here we go!

I'm jealous of all the people who didn't play all those other versions.

There must be so much of interest.

Those of us who crept their way here, need something with more substance.

• Beans 4

3 hours ago, Relic77 said:

First out Pitching Large Tents are impossible unless you have a perfect flat area. That needs to be more less sensitive. This was pretty much flat. I tried everywhere but to no avail until I fund an even more flatter place then it worked almost.

https://imgur.com/a/tforc8k

Same. I've been carrying a Tent from A to B for about an hour, only to find that I can't do anything with it there.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1590237097

Please fix this!

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Ya . Can anyone say barricading / aerial vehicles / advanced soft skills ???

those are literally my top 3 and none appeared for 1.0 release :( but I’m still gonna play as soon as I’m home from work in twenty mins ...

3 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Ya . Can anyone say barricading / aerial vehicles / advanced soft skills ???

those are literally my top 3 and none appeared for 1.0 release :( but I’m still gonna play as soon as I’m home from work in twenty mins ...

Persistence.

For the love of all things wretched, persistence.

• Beans 2

So far, I've eaten raw chicken, raw human with no side effects.  Drank swamp water with no side effects yet, ran around without clothes on and not getting cold.  There's no vaulting, no throwing, cans still disappear after use, infected just stand there until you get within a foot range.  The game runs very smooth tho but why did we go back instead of forward?  This feels like early alpha all over 

• Beans 1

To be honest ...I do not want to spoil the fun and I also do appreciate  the hard work and passion of the dev team....but...for me personally this release is a huge disappointment. The lack of content and polish simply will not bring me ( or any of my friends) back for more than some days of testing. Of course I know this is not the end and more content and features will be added post release, but by the look of it I do not expect the game to be feature complete and polished before 2020.

This is the new DayZ...for new/er and console players for sure exciting  with a lot of things to discover and new experiences to make but  I am  just again at the point where I know that I have to still wait one or maybe even two years more to get the game that I was hoping for...if ever...

PS:  From a companies point of view....it seems it was the absolute right thing to go for new players and console players...

• Beans 2

Ok. Had enough play time for 1.0 first impressions. 

After getting through the initial b.s. of fps issues and my character getting locked in database: 

Server browser sucks. 

On the whole, the frame rate was among the best I've ever had. It varies. Had some fps tanking during one night-time run. Inversely, I just had an amazing run through the forest on a low-mid pop private server. 

Zombies seem to sometimes move in slow motion when not in agro. 

jackets vs. backpacks inventory space needs another pass. jackets shouldn't carry as much as backpacks. 

I am hoping that our starting inventory is just for the free weekend. Right now, it is *too* "easy mode". Starting with a soda and a piece of fruit is enough to negate the initial need for water. That coupled with the increased inventory space you start with from the buff that pants and tops got, makes it pretty easy to get going. I realize we need to balance some for noobs, but they also need to die their first few spawns (sometimes) to get the idea that surviving isn't a given. Took me a run from solnichny to staroye to be reasonably well-kitted. Have no concerns for food and water. Could use better guns, but my clothing and inventory space is top notch.

Once I got up and running, I've not had a single server crash. Good job, on that front.

Night seems great. It is very dark, but flares and torches illumination seems more analogous to real-world reach. glad the moon is no longer a lego, as well. 

Noticing some other small touches here and there that weren't there before. Also, good job.

Duct tape shouldn't be able to repair weapons. 

Haven't made it far enough yet to encounter tent/barrel persistence issues.

• Beans 1

The melee stun locks are very bad :( currently whoever gets the first hit is basically the winner , as you can perform faster hits somehow one after the next when you land the first one : as the victim is left helplessly walking backwards each hit .

I had a hatchet and he had a combat knife or some stuff like that , his weapon was and should be faster / lighter but we shouldn’t be compensating for a weak melee system by adding stun locks ; it only weakens the concept of the melee even more , only knives will be used or people will just avoid melee altogether .

Devs please see this and balance it a bit , the attacker shouldn’t be able to string hits together so well unless he’s been training in a knife handling and melee combat soft skill ! 

EDIT: other than that the game seems decent , my FPS is good and I’ve alreadh found a vehicle , plus the starting loot is great compared to before , new icons are good and they remind me of the mod dayz days although I don’t see sickness anywhere , I’m guessing that will come if it happens ?

For what we have, it is a smooth build. A lot of issues seem to be fixed, except for persistence and weird AI behavior. Spawning at night is a bitch though, managed to navigate my way from Rify to Olsha with the flare and a torch. And man I can enjoy the little things. Was listening to some distant gunsounds and boy that sounds great, still amazed by that.

Still, in my opinion it would've been better to wait with launch until all features were back in. We'll see what the Steam chart numbers do in the coming weeks, if they dwindle down again, it was a bad decision. Because in all honesty, I think the game would have a constant amount of players like Arma 3 does or even more, if all features were in.

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well, I'm sure that if persistence would work, I would have fun for maybe around 100 hours. Still, all the old features and content would increase that by a lot. I played 2500 hours and I think about 1000 hours are in 0.62, had a lot of fun in that build, 1.0 could've been that as well.

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

So far, I've eaten raw chicken, raw human with no side effects.  Drank swamp water with no side effects yet, ran around without clothes on and not getting cold.  There's no vaulting, no throwing, cans still disappear after use, infected just stand there until you get within a foot range.  The game runs very smooth tho but why did we go back instead of forward?  This feels like early alpha all over 

This!!!.

I wonder why not anybody else speak about this...1.0 survival game but how on earth you get yourself killed by enviroment?.

Yeah , I have quite amount of users being locked in Data Base atm. How to deal with it ?

EDIT : Seems if you make a server restart it get solved.

Edited by Relic77

Release for the release only?

Thank you=( 

Edited by Tarrin

First 80 servers on my list were Medium to Full, with 30 Full .. so there seems to be some interest ?

When you manage to jump a fence, you make a sound like you just fell off a roof & broke your neck..
Like running :  wearing trainers & empty pockets that's a pretty heavy frankenstein boot shuffle. Us backwoods folk dont run like, that it frightens the wildlife.
Guess it comes from playing 1pp ?

Key reassignment, anyone ?

Edited by pilgrim*
NO FLIES

after averaging 2k players for the longest time there was a spike to 14k last night.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Server Browser is Laggy as F.k can´t find my own server please fix that

-Favorited Not working

-Search by Name not working

-Search by IP not working

-Last Played not working 

So what working?

Edited by ShadowLog