npmproductions13

How do you play test terrains?

Why is it so difficult to test mods and terrains in DayZ. In ArmA 3 all you had to do was click editor once the mod is loaded.
My question is this I have my terrain packed, signed and launched with the game. Now how do I test it and make missions for it?

Do you need to do it server side for now or something? Any information on this would be appreicated thanks,

Irish.

Edited by npmproductions13
Added more info

yes, it would be better to test it serverside. but u can also do an offlinemod mission i think.

also keep an eye on the server section of this forum, try to get practiced with the server.cfg and the mission file, if u want to test ur terrain

Yeah I found that the offlinemod was the best approach for me to test on client side this allows me to play test with doing any server side configuration.

For the most recent DayZ offlinemod head over to the developers github to get the files.

https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode

I also briefly followed this video with a few minor deviations since the release of DayZ 1.0

I hope this helps anyone else who has questions regarding the same issue.

So I'm now going to post here again as I can't seem to get my mission working using the server option or the offlineMod from Github. The server and my singleplayer mod crashes when I try load the mission file.
Does anyone have an idea as to why my map OR mission crashes the server?

When the map loads I hear sounds and then see through my terrain vaguely but then it crashes and the logs don't seem to be any help from what I can tell.

Edited by npmproductions13