ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149887

6 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Uhm what? 2019 will see loads of new features, content and improvements.

Where do people get the crazy idea from that the devs stop development after 1.0. It comes close to conspiracy theories.

Counter-question: If you were the head of Bohemia, what would your motivation be, to continue development of DayZ. Put yourself in the shoes of a businessman. And if you found that motivation, how much pressure would you want to put on the dev team? What would that depend on?

Edited by freerider3434

2 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Counter-question: If you were the head of Bohemia, what would your motivation be, to continue development of DayZ. Put yourself in the shoes of a businessman. And if you found that motivation, how much pressure would you want to put on the dev team? What would that depend on?

You actually think they drop development and release some half-assed bug fix patches with some guns throughout 2019?

Just now, amadieus said:

You actually think they drop development and release some half-assed bug fix patches with some guns throughout 2019?

No, I don't think so. But I can also not rule it out a possibility. Nobody can know what their plans are, but them. I believe Peter Nespesny and Eugen Harton want this game to become what we have all been, and are dreaming of. Wether they will be allowed to do so along with the rest of the dev team, is up to the heads of bohemia.

Also, you haven't answered my question ;)

2 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Hehe, if you had been following the development for 5 years as you claim, you would be educated enough to know that their office is burning right now, trying to stitch up the current version. I expect a patch tomorrow with final bugfixes, tweaks and balances. If you had been reading the status reports, you would know they did a "feature&content freeze" to move to a "stable platform". They are polishing. What do you believe they had stress test and experimental branch for. Do they have those because they can just drop a big content patch and it works from day 1? I understand you really want DayZ to become the game you love and so do I and while it doesn't give you the right to call me "dumb" or anything else that was completely unprovoked and uncalled for, I believe I can see the reason behind it.

I didnt call you dumb.. it was sarcastic comment aswell man, my english not superb so maybe got it abit wrong but didnt mean to offend you like that man. and im sorry for that.

But yes i want the game to be fixed and i have high hopes for the game, and i have hard to belive that they dont have anything at all for us in 1.0 exept some small shitty fixes that people wont even notice, its not like they have worked to make it more stable untill tomorrow then they could just release that thing with this update today and skip calling it 1.0 and say here is the last update of beta we leaving it now.. why hype with video and everything they have been doing if 1.0 is just gonna be a simple crappy update with pretty much nothing.

Why give us this today and not save it for tomorrow? Cant see the Devs say okay we have like nothing for 1.0 but we gonna release this today anyway, they would save this for 1.0 to make 1.0 bigger update as 1.0 def supposed to be one of the bigger  updates.

6 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Нет, я так не думаю. Но я также не могу исключить возможность. Никто не может знать, каковы их планы, кроме них. Я верю, что Питер Неспесный и Евгений Хартон хотят, чтобы эта игра стала тем, чем мы все стали и о которой мечтаем. Разрешается ли им это делать вместе с остальной частью команды разработчиков, до глав богемы.

Кроме того, вы не ответили на мой вопрос;)

4 minutes ago, Robert Alexander Hedman said:

Я не назвал тебя тупым ... это был саркастический комментарий, а мой человек не мой превосходный английский, так что, может быть, он немного ошибся, но не хотел тебя обидеть, как этого человека. и я извиняюсь за это.

Но да, я хочу, чтобы игра была исправлена, и я возлагаю большие надежды на игру, и мне трудно поверить, что у них вообще нет ничего для нас в 1.0, кроме некоторых небольших дерьмовых исправлений, которые люди даже не заметят, это не так, как они работали над тем, чтобы сделать его более стабильным до завтра, тогда они могли бы просто выпустить эту штуку с этим обновлением сегодня и пропустить называя его 1.0 и сказать, что это последнее обновление бета-версии, которое мы оставляем сейчас ... зачем рекламировать видео и все, что они делали если 1.0 будет просто дерьмовым обновлением, практически ничего.

Зачем давать нам это сегодня, а не сохранять на завтра? Не могу видеть, что разработчики говорят, что у нас нет ничего похожего на 1.0, но мы все равно выпустим это сегодня, они сохранят это для 1.0, чтобы сделать 1.0 большим обновлением, так как 1.0 def должен быть одним из самых больших обновлений.

Hope dies last!  

2 minutes ago, Robert Alexander Hedman said:

I didnt call you dumb.. it was sarcastic comment aswell man, my english not superb so maybe got it abit wrong but didnt mean to offend you like that man. and im sorry for that.

But yes i want the game to be fixed and i have high hopes for the game, and i have hard to belive that they dont have anything at all for us in 1.0 exept some small shitty fixes that people wont even notice, its not like they have worked to make it more stable untill tomorrow then they could just release that thing with this update today and skip calling it 1.0 and say here is the last update of beta we leaving it now.. why hype with video and everything they have been doing if 1.0 is just gonna be a simple crappy update with pretty much nothing.

Why give us this today and not save it for tomorrow? Cant see the Devs say okay we have like nothing for 1.0 but we gonna release this today anyway, they would save this for 1.0 to make 1.0 bigger update as 1.0 def supposed to be one of the bigger  updates.

All good. Now I will explain the reasons, why they cannot just "skip calling it 1.0 and say here is the last update of beta we leaving it now". They promised in the beginning of the year, that they would release DayZ 1.0. So to protect their image, they have to meet that deadline. Also it will sell alot of new copies, Bohemia Interactive is, afterall, of course a business. I am very sorry to crush your dreams, but it's better if I do it right now, than having you getting all hyped up tomorrow and then be disappointed. They explained a great many times, that new features and new content need to be tested before they can bring it to stable. I repeat, that is why the experimental branch exists. Thus, expecting anything that cannot be seen in todays experimental patch except for bugfixing, is wishful thinking. They promised 1.0 and they have to keep it. Even if it means, calling this version 1.0.

If you really want to understand the devs, here are the two major status reports for this information:

Status Report - 23 October 2018:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-23-october-2018

Status Report - 6 November 2018:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-6-november-2018

Netting finally has an inventory graphic. Backpack sizes changed again. What else was changed and not listed?

4 minutes ago, sethxdeath said:

Netting finally has an inventory graphic. Backpack sizes changed again. What else was changed and not listed?

Yea, for example the Assault Backpack hast precisely the same amout of storage space as the BDU Jacket (42 Slots). I don't know about you, but to me that's a problem. Probably wouldn't be one if my suggestion of slot seperation was implemented, but that is something for 2019/2020 maybe.

11 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

All good. Now I will explain the reasons, why they cannot just "skip calling it 1.0 and say here is the last update of beta we leaving it now". They promised in the beginning of the year, that they would release DayZ 1.0. So to protect their image, they have to meet that deadline. Also it will sell alot of new copies, Bohemia Interactive is, afterall, of course a business. I am very sorry to crush your dreams, but it's better if I do it right now, than having you getting all hyped up tomorrow and then be disappointed. They explained a great many times, that new features and new content need to be tested before they can bring it to stable. I repeat, that is why the experimental branch exists. Thus, expecting anything that cannot be seen in todays experimental patch except for bugfixing, is wishful thinking. They promised 1.0 and they have to keep it. Even if it means, calling this version 1.0.

If you really want to understand the devs, here are the two major status reports for this information:

Status Report - 23 October 2018:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-23-october-2018

Status Report - 6 November 2018:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-6-november-2018

Thanks, Its gonna be shitfest tomorrow on this game then as people today making jokes about bleeding from zombies confirmed 1.0 rdy.. So sad the devs does this to them self when they know they have to deliver now 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

Yea, for example the Assault Backpack hast precisely the same amout of storage space as the BDU Jacket (42 Slots). I don't know about you, but to me that's a problem. Probably wouldn't be one if my suggestion of slot seperation was implemented, but that is something for 2019/2020 maybe.

This morning you couldn't put rifles inside of a drybag. Now you can again.

• Beans 1

Just now, Robert Alexander Hedman said:

Thanks, Its gonna be shitfest tomorrow on this game then as people today making jokes about bleeding from zombies confirmed 1.0 rdy.. So sad the devs does this to them self when they know they have to deliver now 

Sad is the right word, yes. But as I said, I don't beleive it's the decision of the developers. It's very likely the decision of the bosses/heads of Bohemia Interactive. But even from a business standpoint it's not very smart, because the "1.0 title" is the biggest opportunity to draw a new big player base. And this new player base won't stay for long with this shallow amount of content. It will hurt DayZ's image for the long term. We can only hope, that the devs will be allowed and preferably pressured to keep working on DayZ. Here is a statement from Eugen Harton that might give you some hope:

The balance is still way off. Within 15 minutes spawning in Cherno docks I had a big military tent, KA-M with a full magazine, and M4-A1. I died from zombies, respawned at Rify, and within another 15 minutes I have another KA-M fully loaded, enough food to last a couple of days, and a car tent.

But on the bright side, that's 30 minutes of playtime without any crashes!

Edited by sethxdeath
  • Beans 1

The frame drops with weather changes are still present. Every few minutes the game stutters and drops to 0 FPS for about a second. It wasn't doing this two patches ago.

• Beans 1

In Berzino I found about six or seven barrels spawned. I guess that's a good thing, but they're pretty useless now. It's too risky to move them. If I really wanted, I could move them to the police station, poke holes in them so they can't be moved anymore, and permanently block the entrances.

Crafting rags from the item named "shirt" still results in ruined rags 100% of the time. Otherwise, I didn't find any bugs except for the bizarre outstretched arm glitch.

Everytime is try to watch offizial serverliste my games crashes. But i can view lan and community... (newest exp patch)

I3-6100
16GB DDR4
GTX 960

Settings:
High - Max

After this catastrophic experimental patch from yesterday I'm not really in the mood to switch back from stable, but are the CTDs fixed when joining and when viewing the server browser?

Some doors still say "close" even though they're open and "open" even though they're closed. The audio effect plays in reverse, too.

HEADTORCH POINTS FORWARD AGAIN! But light emits from about 1m in front of character, so if you are close to an object it will get dark.

• Beans 2

5 minutes ago, Undeceived said:

After this catastrophic experimental patch from yesterday I'm not really in the mood to switch back from stable, but are the CTDs fixed when joining and when viewing the server browser?

Hasn't happened to me today but there's a post right above yours saying it's happening to them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, freerider3434 said:

HEADTORCH POINTS FORWARD AGAIN! But light emits from about 1m in front of character, so if you are close to an object it will get dark.

You'd think that one of the most complained about issues would be in the patch notes, yes?

• Haha 2

Watching champions league...so can someone eat raw meat and check if there is any penalty?

ust wondering if anyone else has reported a bug where a player cant apply a bandage to themselves? A friend and I were fighting several zombies and he accidentally cut me with a knife. when the zombies were dead I tried using a bandage, rags a sewing kit and a leather sewing kit and nothing would stop the bleeding. He also tried everything to get me to stop bleeding and nothing worked. It resulted in me dying. 

so just wondering if this has been seen before. 

4 minutes ago, sethxdeath said:

You'd think that one of the most complained about issues would be in the patch notes, yes?

I certainly would hehe. But considering, the confirmed state of their office, I can see how it wasn't in there: