isaac19delta

I too am nervous about 1.0

With 1.0 coming tomorrow, I grow more and more nervous about bug fixes.  I have not seen any updates at all from the dev team about what they have been working on to improve the game for the 1.0 release.  I have been waiting like many other die hard fans for this moment, but fear the negative feedback if too many bugs are still present.  If the night and rain are fixed, the glitching zombies are fixed, weapon bugs fixed, player creation and start screen fixed, and most importantly the persistence system is fixed, we could see a good path forward.  But not even hearing a peep from devs has me worried.  I am quite sure they are working night and day to resolve these bugs, as their bottom line and reputation depend on it moving forward.  Just would be nice to even get a quick paragraph on the forums as to what they are working on and expect.  

• Beans 1

I think it makes sense that all the remaining time devs have, they rather invest in bugfixing and polishing instead of writing reports and communicating on forums.

However don't worry, i'm quite nervous too, so you are not alone :)

• Beans 1

With due time such lists will appear.

But think about how much changes while they're working on it - the list would change more often than they have time writing it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kichilron said:

With due time such lists will appear.

But think about how much changes while they're working on it - the list would change more often than they have time writing it.

Wow long time Kichilron, where you been hiding?

I don't really think it deserves the "1.0" tittle. Lets call it as it is: "0.64", they're gonna release an unfinnished game, to collect what is left of money to collect from this game, and laugh at our faces. I bought the standalone right away, and seeing, the progress it had made in 5 FUCKING YEARS, i really regret buying this game ever. I guess its pretty hard to admitt to 4 mln ppl that bought this game, that they are going to leave it unfinnished, and with half of the features it was supposed to have...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AyahuascaPL said:

I don't really think it deserves the "1.0" tittle. Lets call it as it is: "0.64", they're gonna release an unfinnished game, to collect what is left of money to collect from this game, and laugh at our faces. I bought the standalone right away, and seeing, the progress it had made in 5 FUCKING YEARS, i really regret buying this game ever. I guess its pretty hard to admitt to 4 mln ppl that bought this game, that they are going to leave it unfinnished, and with half of the features it was supposed to have...

That's what I've been saying.  They announced it as 1.0 but never officially said it was a full release, just leaving early access so to me, it's just now hitting an official beta

2 hours ago, AyahuascaPL said:

I get your frustration, but the developers plan on continuing development for several years after 1.0, so I think the game will slowly come to life. Whether calling it 1.0 at this time is a good move is another issue. I thought the game would be in 'Beta' for quite some time, not just a month. But most likely the developers will add in content and features they have backlogged from the legacy version and it will continue to improve. They wouldn't invest 5 years into the game and completely revamping the engine to simply drop all development once it hits full release.

14 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Wow long time Kichilron, where you been hiding?

In your pants and you know it. 

• Haha 1