nhow7108

To all combat loggers.

You are the scum of dayz. You are what ruins pvp in this game. What are you afraid of? So what if you get killed. It isnt that hard to run back to your little combat logging stash and gear up. You even just might win the gunfight. But no. You decide to log off instead,like an ass. Grow a pair and stay in the fight. I would respect you if you ran away but stayed in the game. But no. You decide to combat log...

Edited by nhow7108

30 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Did he started firing at you and just logged off?

No. I shot him and he runs behind a wall and exits. I have had it happen 5 times already

Why does it make you so upset? You still have your shit and all you wanted to do was kill him.  I've been killed over and over again in this game whenever i try to interact with people , or my mic will bug out and they cant hear me and think that i dont have a mic even tho im talking to them and trying to get my mic working, then they kill me. 

Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play dayz, you gotta remember most people playing are older, people with lives, fathers, mothers, people who have mortgages and a full time job where everything doesnt revolve around dayz 24/7.

All i've been trying to do in the game is collect some car parts to put a car together and get it going but it's been taking me all week because i keep getting killed on site.  This game really makes it difficult to do anything if you only have 2-3 hours a day to play, So all i can say is deal with it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Why does it make you so upset? You still have your shit and all you wanted to do was kill him.  I've been killed over and over again in this game whenever i try to interact with people , or my mic will bug out and they cant hear me and think that i dont have a mic even tho im talking to them and trying to get my mic working, then they kill me. 

Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play dayz, you gotta remember most people playing are older, people with lives, fathers, mothers, people who have mortgages and a full time job where everything doesnt revolve around dayz 24/7.

All i've been trying to do in the game is collect some car parts to put a car together and get it going but it's been taking me all week because i keep getting killed on site.  This game really makes it difficult to do anything if you only have 2-3 hours a day to play, So all i can say is deal with it.  

If you get shot at and then log out, go play roblox dayz or minecraft. There is no excuse for combat logging. "Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play dayz, you gotta remember most people playing are older, people with lives, fathers, mothers, people who have mortgages and a full time job where everything doesnt revolve around dayz 24/7." WTF does that have to do anything?  If you cant stay in the game when the bullets fly, dayz is NOT for you.

• Beans 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Theres no defending combat logging. Its not a feature its being a pussy. Bohemia needs to change it to where combat logging counts as a death so you spawn in as a fresh spawn. 

Edited by nhow7108

6 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

If you get shot at and then log out, go play roblox dayz or minecraft. There is no excuse for combat logging. "Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play dayz, you gotta remember most people playing are older, people with lives, fathers, mothers, people who have mortgages and a full time job where everything doesnt revolve around dayz 24/7." WTF does that have to do anything?  If you cant stay in the game when the bullets fly, dayz is NOT for you.

lol I'll say the same thing to you, don't complain when people log out on you... cause then dayz isn't for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They get on my nerves a well. Very frustrating. 

Shot at a guy at VMC, he went and sat in a bush and logged off while I was about 20m in front of him. Scum.

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

lol I'll say the same thing to you, don't complain when people log out on you... cause then dayz isn't for you.

That's not true. Combat logging is massively frowned upon in any game especially DayZ. Combat loggers have zero excuse for what they do no matter who they are.

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, Lambicus said:

That's not true. Combat logging is massively frowned upon in any game especially DayZ. Combat loggers have zero excuse for what they do no matter who they are.

I'm sorry to say but most people who play dayz combat log/server hop all the time.  First thing someone told me when i was playing dayz was that the easiest way to loot up and get geared up with good shit is to go to the military base, loot up, log out and back in and loot up aagain, its genius in my opinion.  The game devs make this game very hard to play , especially when you're limited with 2-3 hours a day for gaming.  So i really don't care lol... i'm gonna log out if im being shot at cause it sucks when you're fully looted and then you have to go get geared up again. life is life and remember , the game is in development so still lots of bugs, and also remember, it\s just a video game.  If it was me making the decisions i would add way more vehicles to the game, and it would actually make the gameplay more realistic and interesting, you'd be walking around and then someone drives by you in a car, makes the game play interesting.  People could use cars for storage and great role play opportunities , but instead they're fully bugged out and once you actually get a car running, the engine light just comes on and then you're back on foot. 

31 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

If you cant stay in the game when the bullets fly, dayz is NOT for you.

These people who were combat logging,  they were actively seeking combat? 

On average, was their gear better than yours?  Were you on the coast, perchance?

Also, when do you think combat should start and end?  How would the game know when it's combat time?

Edited by Parazight

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

No. I shot him and he runs behind a wall and exits. I have had it happen 5 times already

You call him a scum for running away when being shot at?

Did you bother trying to talk before you started shooting?

Call him a coward, but a scum? 

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Btw...why don't you follow and kill them?

They still have the 15 second penalty where they still are on the server and can do nothing.

As you said "so what if you get killed".

Just now, bent.toe said:

Btw...why don't you follow and kill them?

They still have the 15 second penalty where they still are on the server and can do nothing.

As you said "so what if you get killed".

yeah so what if you get killed, you can go server hop by a military base and get looted up in less than half an hour lol....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Huk said:

I'm sorry to say but most people who play dayz combat log/server hop all the time.  First thing someone told me when i was playing dayz was that the easiest way to loot up and get geared up with good shit is to go to the military base, loot up, log out and back in and loot up aagain, its genius in my opinion.  The game devs make this game very hard to play , especially when you're limited with 2-3 hours a day for gaming.  So i really don't care lol... i'm gonna log out if im being shot at cause it sucks when you're fully looted and then you have to go get geared up again. ..//..

Am I missing the point here ??  You hop to get geared up the easiest way and you log out if you're shot at cause it sucks when you're fully looted..  ?..  ... right ...
..er ..
so why do you play?  ...   Really just so you can walk around wearing military gear ?  

Do you need to do that on line ?  Maybe you could buy yourself an Action Man and have fun at home ?  - but I guess it would be more expensive -
Be safe.  Keep away from games that are "very hard to play" . 

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Am I missing the point here ??  You hop to get geared up the easiest way and you log out if you're shot at cause it sucks when you're fully looted..  ?..  ... right ...
..er ..
so why do you play?  ...   just so you can walk around wearing military gear ?  

Do you need to do that on line ?  Maybe you could buy yourself an Action Man and play with it at home?  
- Be safe.  

Your post doesn't even make sense bro.  The reason i log out when being shot at is cause i don't wanna die with all the shit on me, in my past experience with running into people ive' always been killed and then you have to spend hours trying to find shit again, especially if you're not server hopping and just trying to find stuff on a server that has already been looted by others.   

People who kill on site make this game shit, but i'm not complaining about them... they can do it if they want and i will just log out if i can get the chance.  Also if i run into someone and they log out on me i really don't care, lol.  Don't get why it bothers so many people

• Like 1

If you don't like the vanilla game, play on a rp/restricted kos server; don't cheat by combat logging just because you don't like how others play the game-within the rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

If you don't like the vanilla game, play on a rp/restricted kos server; don't cheat by combat logging just because you don't like how others play the game-within the rules.

The beauty of it is anyone is allowed to play anything they want in whatever play style they want, if that bothers anyone then they can go play Farming Simulator

6 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

in my past experience with running into people ive' always been killed and then you have to spend hours trying to find shit again

it would be a lot quieter if they took all the weapons out of the game, that's for sure.
Say, .. what do YOU want "all the SHIT"   For ??  What is "all the shit" ?   Do you mean ...
 ah .. ammo.. ??
and.. weapons ??
and sexy combat gear ?

so.. you're going to ALL the same places as ALL the other players who want to shoot each other .. you play this game of Hopping In, collecting SHIT, and Hopping Out before you can shoot each other ?

fine by me bro, do as you feel..  if it works for you, go for it.
Or maybe try SOME OTHER WAY of playing ?

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

it would be a lot quieter if they took all the weapons out of the game, that's for sure.
Say, .. what do YOU want "all the SHIT"   For ??  What is "all the shit" ?   Do you mean ...
 ah .. ammo.. ??
and.. weapons ??
and sexy combat gear ?

so.. you're going to ALL the same places as ALL the other players who want to shoot each other .. you play this game of Hopping In, collecting SHIT, and Hopping Out before you can shoot each other ?

fine by me bro, do as you feel..  if it works for you, go for it.
Or maybe try SOME OTHER WAY of playing ?

You're missing the point bud? you think I just play to loot and log in and out and loot more?
Why would i do that lmao.... That would be pointless.

I've just been trying to get decent gear to defend myself, maybe get a car up and running, maaybe have a little piece of land somewhere that could be just mine, build a base, put some cool christmas lights up... that's what everyone wants in dayz, but instead we get a ton of glitches and problems, combat logging, people server hopping etc.
It'd be nice to get to that point one day... but instead i always get killed by people killing on site, and thats whats ruining the game too, so that's why i server hop.
I could care less about "sexy gear" honestly... I just want a mosin with plenty of bullets and a pistol is enough...

29 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

in my past experience with running into people ive' always been killed and then you have to spend hours trying to find shit again,

People who kill on site make this game shit

Sounds like you need to check your corners better and  have a faster trigger finger. If you spend all your time in military areas be prepared to kos and be kos

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Sounds like you need to check your corners better and  have a faster trigger finger. If you spend all your time in military areas be prepared to kos and be kos

meh.   I've been playing this game since release so i'm fairly experienced with killing, but I usually try not to kill and then that's what gets me killed.  I'm a fresh spawn again tho so maaybe tonight i'm gonna see if i can find someone to team up with help me put this car together ( I know a location of a vehicle on server 4236)

• Like 1