13rin

*OFFICIAL SERVER -HOW???*

Hello.

I'm trying to get a official/public server set up.  To no avail...

Server files were downloaded via Steam to a dedicated kick arse box rented from a reputable company.  Anyways, I can get the private shard version online and up and running, but how do I go about setting up the parameters for launching an 'OFFICIAL' Server.  Everything I try comes up as a private shard.  I googled the heck out of this and the only link I found to detail this was freaking broken https://dayz.com/downloads/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Dan

1 hour ago, 13rin said:

Hello.

I'm trying to get a official/public server set up.  To no avail...

Server files were downloaded via Steam to a dedicated kick arse box rented from a reputable company.  Anyways, I can get the private shard version online and up and running, but how do I go about setting up the parameters for launching an 'OFFICIAL' Server.  Everything I try comes up as a private shard.  I googled the heck out of this and the only link I found to detail this was freaking broken https://dayz.com/downloads/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Dan

Yes, I'm interested in this as well as I'm working on getting a server setup for early in 2019.

I'm sure this is probably the busiest week in the past 5 years for the BI DayZ team, but at some point, getting those 404 error links fixed with updated server setup/requirements/etc. information would be much appreciated.

The server under the official tab are the official servers "maintained" by BI. It's not possible for a community server to appear on that list. 

Currently only GSPs have the option to host public shard servers which will possibly not change.

• Beans 1

That's really saddening if you can only host community shard servers from a GSP because the costs are little extortionate.

I do see why because then BI can be in control of the comms but it would be nice to have an official statement about why it isn't going to happen.