bearjew1101

Duping getting out of hand...

Came accross a base today that quite frankly took the jam out of the doughnut . Tents rammed to the rafters with pretty much every item in the game , sea chests of mines , 30 -40 svd mags , 8 svd’s , u name it , it was there . I just don’t get the mentality behind the concept . To sit in a spot for hours on end to duplicate items is beyond me . Needless to say we took the lot , but even for four guys it took an 90 mins . It was like a post apocalyptic mega mart !!! The strange thing is we seem to becoming across more and more , and they just keep getting more obscene and ridiculous each time. I hope B.I addresses this soon , as currently there’s no real need to go to NWAF or TISY . Just walk round the corners of the map . More loot than you and your pals can carry . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Didn't know duping was a thing. That explains why everyone on the coast is so heavily armed lately. But as long as there's rare loot people will do anything to get it. Even if it means working through their laggy inventory for hours on end.

I might have to check out the northwest edge of the map now...

3 hours ago, PEACE_543 said:

Didn't know duping was a thing. That explains why everyone on the coast is so heavily armed lately. But as long as there's rare loot people will do anything to get it. Even if it means working through their laggy inventory for hours on end.

I might have to check out the northwest edge of the map now...

4 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

Came accross a base today that quite frankly took the jam out of the doughnut . Tents rammed to the rafters with pretty much every item in the game , sea chests of mines , 30 -40 svd mags , 8 svd’s , u name it , it was there . I just don’t get the mentality behind the concept . To sit in a spot for hours on end to duplicate items is beyond me . Needless to say we took the lot , but even for four guys it took an 90 mins . It was like a post apocalyptic mega mart !!! The strange thing is we seem to becoming across more and more , and they just keep getting more obscene and ridiculous each time. I hope B.I addresses this soon , as currently there’s no real need to go to NWAF or TISY . Just walk round the corners of the map . More loot than you and your pals can carry . 

Duping isnt a thing its been fixed. That loot is just someone or multiple people just server hopping and hoarding. Its not that hard to get a ton of loot if you know the map or raid bases.

Edited by nhow7108

Didn't know it was a thing, still ain't wasting my time duping pretend items in a game, plus exploring and getting into random combat is fun

3 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Duping isnt a thing its been fixed. That loot is just someone or multiple people just server hopping and hoarding. Its not that hard to get a ton of loot if you know the map or raid bases.

Duping has not been fixed mate . At all . 

20 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

Duping has not been fixed mate . At all . 

You cant duplicate like you could in .61 and .62. Its so inconsistent now and isnt reliable. You are much better off server hopping. Duping really only makes sense if you have like 10 people doing it now.

2 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

You cant duplicate like you could in .61 and .62. Its so inconsistent now and isnt reliable. You are much better off server hopping. Duping really only makes sense if you have like 10 people doing it now.

Dude I’ve been around a group with all the gear guys all wearing exactly the same . They did it in front of me . Its tedious but simple to do . It’s very realiable and consistent . Provided you know how to do it of course . How anyone figured it out is beyond me , but I can assure you it’s very much part of the game at the min . 

I think duping is becoming one of the biggest problems in the game.

I'm part of a message group on xbox and and one dude was offering SVD's and full Gilly's to anyone that wanted them. He's offering this stuff to people he doesn't even know.

It's just so cheap and lazy and driven by a horrible need for instant gratification,why work for something when you can get it free.

But there's actually a darker side to all this. I've read here and on reddit that one of the potential causes of bases and cars vanishing is storing duplicated items in the inventory. The group I'm part of lost a lot of tents and gear a couple of days ago and I was informed yesterday that there was duped items stored there. None of us even know how to dupe so no clue how it got in there but it did and everything vanished when the camp had been working great for 2 weeks. 

I'm hoping one of you tech  guys can clarify this and tell me there's no link between dupes and vanishing bases but my gut tells me their probably is.

So worst case scenario it's basically a virus spreading through Dayz potentially infecting everything it touches.

And with the amount  of this shite sloshing its way around the community I'm very wary of what I'm gonna pick up. I kill a dude with a full gilly and Svd I'm not touching it,not worth the risk.

Loot cycling is another thing iv started seeing more and more aswell. We got some bad apples in the community friends, determined to ruin it for the rest of us.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, darklittlepoet1 said:

I think duping is becoming one of the biggest problems in the game.

Loot cycling is another thing iv started seeing more and more aswell. We got some bad apples in the community friends, determined to ruin it for the rest of us.

Unfortunately I think any game that has Loot is gonna see this kind of thing.  If there is a way to exploit a system people will find it.

Personally I don't agree with it, I think it goes against the spirit of the game and as mentioned spoils it for others.  I can kinda live with the 'PUBG' mentality that alot of players have in DayZ, where they would rather just KoS everyone they see and take their loot rather than work for it.  But exploiting the loot system just seems cheap.  I havent even started looking at base building yet cuz I am dammed if I am gonna spend hours collecting supplies just for some server hoping cretin to spawn in, take and spawn out again.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well assuming people were carrying multiple SVDs when ALL crash sites were removed it was a thing not so sure its still a thing now after reddit thought it a good idea to publish a how to video. BuT I'm pretty sure the devs saw it too and hopefully fixed it. And as I dont duplicate I really wouldn't know ???