ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149840

42 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

You're not going to be judging them in a fair and honest way. You have already condemned them as your posts over the last few days have clearly stated that. It's been nothing but Doom and Gloom from you and a couple other Forum posters complaining day in and day out that 1.0 is not ready because it doesn't have this or that in it. Which, they have clearly stated that development is not stopping at 1.0 and that a lot of the major pieces that make DayZ will be implemented post 1.0. So when you can find where they claimed that 1.0 is the full release and not cherry-pick that leaving early access means full release because the internet says so, I will be patiently waiting for that response.

What meaning you or I or anybody else on the internet put into the term "1.0" doesn't really matter. In the world of software development 1.0 is an officially released program that is supposed to be feature complete. It doesn't mean development is halted, I don't think anybody has said so. The thing pissing lots of people off is that BI put a disappointing barebone content freeze on DayZ in order to get what they consider an acceptable 1.0 out in time, but they're days from failing anyway, due to several issues turning out to be far more difficult to deal with than they anticipated. Yet they're still pushing ahead with launching 1.0 even though it is by all appearances not even close to being ready. Most of the criticism is due to people wanting them to hold off pushing a 1.0 that is essentially broken, since doing that risks further damaging the reputation of both BI and DayZ. They have ONE shot at making a successful 1.0 release, and right now it is not looking like they will make it.

If they can pull it off I'll be more than impressed, I'll be awestruck. Yesterday's experimental patch was smooth in many ways, but the crashes in the browser and new sound issues are things that just should not be happening this close to full release. And then there's the persistence issue that they've publicly admitted they can't fix in time.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

In addition to the above, I want to add the modest list of detected problems:

- IJ-70 does not shoot,  magazine can not be removed.
- the same problem with KA-M.

noticed in previous updates and still not fixed:
- impossible to aim with pso-1 on KA-M being lying, perhaps something is blocking.
- the map leaves the quick access slot after use.

• Beans 2

I forgot to add:

Headlamp now beams light directly out the *top* of your head. Still useless, but at least it's not the back of the head, like before!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I'm going to review and judge 1.0 in a fair and honest way. They have dug their own grave..

LOL
is the trial after the burial or before the hanging ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

You're not going to be judging them in a fair and honest way. You have already condemned them as your posts over the last few days have clearly stated that. It's been nothing but Doom and Gloom from you and a couple other Forum posters complaining day in and day out that 1.0 is not ready because it doesn't have this or that in it. Which, they have clearly stated that development is not stopping at 1.0 and that a lot of the major pieces that make DayZ will be implemented post 1.0. So when you can find where they claimed that 1.0 is the full release and not cherry-pick that leaving early access means full release because the internet says so, I will be patiently waiting for that response.

So you're saying that because I have been posting some negative posts, what I like to call constructive criticism, my review is going to be biased? This also means that people who always are positive and praise every decision they make are going to be biased as well. So basically no one can make a review because everyone is biased. As I have said multiple times, I'm not here to judge the development process during early access, I'm here to judge the fully released product when it hits 1.0. In the past, I have nothing been but supportive and patient, which proves the fact that I'm here for 1.0. I'm also entitled to have criticism because I'm a customer, I paid for a product but I'm not going to receive the product I've been told I would receive. Or aren't you going to complain or return a product when you get a product which is broken or not the product you ordered?

Perhaps you also need to reread my post since I clearly said that no product stops its development at 1.0. However, 1.0 should have all the intended feautures and content. Above all, it should be a stable and free of major bugs product.

Also, it amazes me still that you can't wrap your head around the fact that 1.0 will be full release. It's not something what the internet says, it's industry standard. Perhaps check the definition of industry standard.

It's kind of hilarious how you try to discuss and prove someone wrong while it's the field of knowledge of that person. If I wouldn't know what I'm talking about, it would make me a bad software engineer.

• Beans 6

When will we be able to play experimental again? The game client crashes every time I try to join a server and find out if I can still duplicate items. 

Industry standard in not the law lol.  As a matter of fact version numbers mean jack shit as that's all they are, just version numbers.  Hell, BI could have jumped to beta version 8.75 and would you guys be raging that it couldn't be possible because according to the internet games are complete at 1.0?

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

sitting here in my living room.  just finished dressing the 3 year old and the older little lady has gone to school.  pick up my phone and think "better check the dayz forums, i havent read them since i went to bed last night (yes i do religiously check them that often) i wonder if anything is new.  

maybe some of my favorite die hards have discovered something new.  maybe the oldschool forum groups like imt, bio, and odin have gotten together and i will have a new captivating and well photographed story from the wastes to read, hey maybe even the riddler showed up last night..... oh boy now im excited.  

what is here....?  new bugs? new discovery? helarious interactions?  unfortunately no.  instead what is here is a large group arguing over what 1.0 means.  does it really matter? none of this is going to change anything.  the game will still be 'released' friday.  some people will love it and others wont.  people will come and people will go. 

i myself have taken a HUGE break from actually playing and just been lurking here, occasionally trolling cuz i just cant help myself sometimes (sorry if i ever offend). 

the reason i think this is relevant is that i am excited for friday as it is when i will update so that after work on sunday i can jump back in and rediscover dayz all over again.  not because the game is 'complete' not because its coming out of early access, but because i gave myself an imaginary milestone to jump in at.  am i expecing a perfect game? not by any means, but i will love it for what it is and like all of us have done for so long i will love it for what it WILL BE.  lets stop bickering and go back to being the fanboys we all are at heart.  lets thank the devs for all the hard work they have put in and will continue to put in.  lets acknowledge the hard work some of the die hards have done testing while others like myself have stood by being...  well.... useless.  i hope there are others that feel like me and i know there are.  more than anything i hope i get to meet all of you while we traverse the countryside gathering parts for the car that we hope doesnt get stolen as we collect our last few parts.  

lastly, i apologise for the wall of text, seriously i try not to type this much when i post.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

59 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Industry standard in not the law lol.  As a matter of fact version numbers mean jack shit as that's all they are, just version numbers.  Hell, BI could have jumped to beta version 8.75 and would you guys be raging that it couldn't be possible because according to the internet games are complete at 1.0?

Your posts get funnier and funnier each time. No, it's not the law but there is an industry standard for a reason. Why are mobile phones not round or triangular? It's an industry standard and it's there for a reason. And version numbers are not just version numbers. I told you earlier to read up on software versioning, clearly you didn't do that. Version numbers are there for a reason, the biggest reason is version control, which is a very huge thing in software development. And as I explained, a version number with the major version number below 1 indicates that it's an Work In Progress product and is not (fully) released to the general public yet. Again, it's not what the internet says, it's an industry standard. If Bohemia wants to deviate from that standard, so be it. But they should expect some weird looks from others. They have never stated that 1.0 would be a full release or not. So I'm going with the slate mobile phone while you're going with the round or triangular one.

Other than that, I'm quite done with you. It seems you don't want to educate yourself and want to keep spreading misinformation, fine by me, have a good one.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 4

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Why are mobile phones not round or triangular?

WOW !

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

maybe the oldschool forum groups like imt, bio, and odin have gotten together and i will have a new captivating and well photographed story from the wastes to read, hey maybe even the riddler showed up last night..... oh boy now im excited.  

Since the forum has been inundated by X-Boners, Johnny come latelys, and fair weather fans, the constructive discourse and generally entertaining content of months gone by has been completely drowned out by short sighted people who contributed next to nothing over the past 6 years.

Now lump in the disconcerting news regarding 1.0 and lack of features working properly or being polished and you'll find my group of friends has disbanded for the most part.

I see them popping on here and there but the days of 8+ hours of romping around the map are gone again. Hopefully to return when the game is fixed and truly feature complete.

I keep checking in too but it's like wading through a cesspool hoping you find a diamond ring someone flushed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 5

7 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Since the forum has been inundated by X-Boners, Johnny come latelys, and fair weather fans, the constructive discourse and generally entertaining content of months gone by has been completely drowned out by short sighted people who contributed next to nothing over the past 6 years.

Now lump in the disconcerting news regarding 1.0 and lack of features working properly or being polished and you'll find my group of friends has disbanded for the most part.

I see them popping on here and there but the days of 8+ hours of romping around the map are gone again. Hopefully to return when the game is fixed and truly feature complete.

I keep checking in too but it's like wading through a cesspool hoping you find a diamond ring someone flushed.

Oh ok so when it’s others talking about the issues , taking breaks and wanting change  they are “short sighted” but when it’s your friends doing the same it’s just a causal comment about their going’s on ? 

youre going to have to realize that we aren’t happy with the product we supported years ago , And that’s perfecly ok to be like that , and it will even evoke change in the devs ways if we all come together and show them we are unhappy with the rushed state of the game .

I’ve been saying that these devs were changing their tune ever since .62 took 1.5 years to get through - nobody listened , yet when the news came out that the game would be rushed out the door and many features would be missing lots of singing birds tunes changed from defense to offense .

Don’t get me wrong , I love this game and still play it , but that doesn’t merit me a mindless fan , that actually forces me to become a more well rounded critizicer of this game : I play it tons yet I’m not afraid to hit this games devs where it hurts cuz frankly they have been dropping the ball and it’s not ok when it was our money and support that carried them over to the stand-alone NOT BOHEMIA . Patch .62 took far too long because they were focused on the Xbox version and showing dayz at all those silly expos , now they are rushing .63 wayyyyy too fast but either way they weren’t properly working on mechanics because during .62 they needed to work on the new engine and .63 has been too rushed to be worked on properly .

so after all those years of constantly “testing” the mechanics that were placeholders to begin with , where is your group of super fan friends now ? I don’t mean to be aggressive with this but my point is , maybe those that have been critizing the game care MORE than those that have nothing good to say about the game but yet disappear when times get rough ?

Don’t you think that it’s better to stay the course with your opinion about the game even In a shit storm like this , than to just be completely silent about things you don’t like and disappear when things don’t go right ? To me when I see all these unhappy fans , it shows me that something is not right and that we deserve a change - sure there’s some trolling going on but how could that not be the case with the joke that they are releasing the game extra early with only half the features expected ?

Treat your fans right and they will do the same , call us entitled brats and you will be EA games 2.0 - become an overly defensive super fan for the wrong reasons and you will be easily spotted on these forums as a crazy dolt , and I give no pity to those that willfully choose to be that ignorant . Sure positivity is ok, but to defend anything nonsensical is just pure insanity and notning more .

• Confused 1

As far as I have seen, the only communication from anyone of the DayZ team today, on any media, was this tweet by Baty:  

It probably sums up the current mood at the studio fairly accurately. I'll cut them some slack from now on, I'll be playing 1.0 and I'm gonna have fun. See you all out there. 

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

...they have clearly stated that development is not stopping at 1.0...

This is the not the point of people's posts.  The point is 1.0 is supposed to be your feature complete game.  As IMT said, that is the industry standard and he's absolutely right about that.

Consider the player who, let's say for argument's sake, last played DayZ when it was version 0.59 -- he encountered a lot of bugs, I believe that was the loot-scarce patch, whatever the reason, he walked away from the game in frustration at that time.  He now sees the announcement that DayZ has been released and thinks to himself, "Well, let's see how it is now".  He downloads it, plays it and what does he find?  After all these years, the infected are still a joke for the most part, his favorite gun, the Winchester, is missing, his legs don't get broken, etc.  He doesn't enjoy the experience due to the game feeling incomplete, so he plays it only once and never again.

It's these people that matter for this.  If said person really enjoyed his experience, he'd tell his friends "hey, you gotta come back to DayZ and see how awesome it is now!" and that enthusiasm would spread like a wildfire.

Sure, the game will develop beyond 1.0 (by modders at least, I'll believe it from BI when I see it), but again, on Thursday, this is Bohemia saying "TADA! Here's DayZ!!!" and it's going to be like the stand-up comic who's joke bombs on stage.

• Like 3

Cant even play this new exp build Dayz starts up but soon as its about to go to the main menu after loading screen it crashes!!! Ive deleted dayz folder in documents and verified twice Plz fix this issue devs the old exp patch worked fine this 840 wont let me play

34 minutes ago, Geno Sinatra said:

Cant even play this new exp build Dayz starts up but soon as its about to go to the main menu after loading screen it crashes!!! Ive deleted dayz folder in documents and verified twice Plz fix this issue devs the old exp patch worked fine this 840 wont let me play

First I was able to join some servers, but the last 5 times nothing worked. It loads, then crashes to desktop.

This isn't fun at all! >:-( Unplayable.

EDIT:
Ok, it crashes everywhere. Ingame, returning to the server browser, joining a server... This is a f***** mess!

EDIT 2:

Yes, I deleted the DayZ folder in my documents and yes, I verified the filed integrity (both several times).

Edited by Undeceived
  • Sad 2

I was finally able to get into an experimental server and the server crashed not long after. Once it crashed, I was returned to the character selection screen. From that point forward, any time I tried connecting to another server, my client would crash.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

This is the not the point of people's posts.  The point is 1.0 is supposed to be your feature complete game.  As IMT said, that is the industry standard and he's absolutely right about that.

Consider the player who, let's say for argument's sake, last played DayZ when it was version 0.59 -- he encountered a lot of bugs, I believe that was the loot-scarce patch, whatever the reason, he walked away from the game in frustration at that time.  He now sees the announcement that DayZ has been released and thinks to himself, "Well, let's see how it is now".  He downloads it, plays it and what does he find?  After all these years, the infected are still a joke for the most part, his favorite gun, the Winchester, is missing, his legs don't get broken, etc.  He doesn't enjoy the experience due to the game feeling incomplete, so he plays it only once and never again.

It's these people that matter for this.  If said person really enjoyed his experience, he'd tell his friends "hey, you gotta come back to DayZ and see how awesome it is now!" and that enthusiasm would spread like a wildfire.

Sure, the game will develop beyond 1.0 (by modders at least, I'll believe it from BI when I see it), but again, on Thursday, this is Bohemia saying "TADA! Here's DayZ!!!" and it's going to be like the stand-up comic who's joke bombs on stage.

If anyone is spreading misinformation, it's you.  Actually,  you're straight up lying with your statement of "the game will develop beyond 1.0 (by modders at least, I'll believe from BI when I see it)

Let's just face it fellas, the industry's standard doesn't apply to DayZ.

Back on topic. I do find that the nights are too dark when the moon is up, it should be brighter. At least so we can navigate in the forest. If there's lots of clouds or no moon, then granted it should be almost pitch black.
2rc0rc4.jpg

ezld0n.jpg

It's been stated that we should be able to navigate at night using the stars, but right now the stars are not bright enough at night, and we don't see them much.

Since there's no light pollution from the city lights, there should be a brightly lit sky with lots of stars showing up, much more than right now.

Edited by odin_lowe
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

If anyone is spreading misinformation, it's you.  Actually,  you're straight up lying with your statement of "the game will develop beyond 1.0 (by modders at least, I'll believe from BI when I see it)

I'm lying?

LOL, okay, I'll shut the fuck up then and we'll just see how things play out.

On 10-12-2018 at 7:13 PM, Brother Hao said:

Going into the server browser crashes the game for me...

I got the same. Cant play anymore, when i join the server browsers it crashes the game for me.

• Sad 1

I have hopes thatthe devs is trolling people and that they actually just wanna suprise the community and tricks them its not fixed and when its released we will go like WOW this is actually really good!

They say im a dreamer but im not the only one..

Edited by Robert Alexander Hedman