ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149776

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental update for you, focus is on the fix for the highest amounts of server crashes we've been experiencing. It's getting late in Prague, but in it's High Noon at the office.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Patchnotes

REMOVED

• Removed: News feed in main menu

ADDED

• Added: New sounds for road flare and power generator

FIXED

• Fixed: Client/server crashes
  • Fixed: Inconsistent functionality of "enter" key in menu
  • Fixed: Missing sounds for gas lamp and gas stove

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Global light config
  • Tweaked: Sound of reloading for AKM
  • Tweaked: Increased size of base building attachments and construction kits

KNOWN ISSUES

• Exiting a car while it's in gear (not neutral) can ruin the engine
  • Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know.
  • Voice chat can become dysfunctional for characters in groups of 3+
  • Clothes cannot be taken off restrained/unconscious characters. 

Notes

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q. 
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 9

would be nice if you count how many server crashes are fixed, just a little fun and interesting userside experience :) 

nvm keep on! thx! 

what about gates not working, weapons not spawning, farming not in the game anymore light sources not bright at all, guns not making sounds after you put suppressors on and barrels stuck in car inventorys? 

And also when you devs gonna tweak/implement diseases and temperatures?...you can eat raw meat(tested chickens,deers)...but this takes away firemaking,finding matches...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe

Still not fixed... 

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, Hairy_eyeball said:

what about gates not working, weapons not spawning, farming not in the game anymore light sources not bright at all, guns not making sounds after you put suppressors on and barrels stuck in car inventorys? 

What weapons not spawning ??? they spawn for me , don't know bout gates never made one lol. 
Farming is in this build of dayz, and again ,. guns sounds was fixed in exp a few patches ago, and the suppressors and inventory was fixed already in exp as well.
So dont post such comments .. about an experimental update .. unless you have been playing exp.. the stable servers are several versions behind exp servers.
I would assume they are going to leave it on exp till next week for the release of 1.0 on the 13th

Edited by Chainsaw_Squirrel
  • Like 2

Yes, I have to accept that you fixed the server crashes, but the client started to crash instead! Please fix it.

UPD: I have already verified local files and it did not help.

Edited by Dimas008

"Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe."

Surely this is a MUST FIX before stable release ?

• Beans 3

Keep up the good work guys. 

A few bugs e found. 

- Paint the ghuille wood will turn it into a B95 and wood disappear.

- cant remove attachement from any rifles.

The rest yu guys already know about

54 minutes ago, Hairy_eyeball said:

I have a suppressor on my gun and I heard sound from it whenever I shot it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lopesdasilva said:

Keep up the good work guys. 

A few bugs e found. 

- Paint the ghuille wood will turn it into a B95 and wood disappear.

- cant remove attachement from any rifles.

The rest yu guys already know about

This has me so confused. Spray paint and B95 are not in the game yet, so for this to happen you'd have to be playing on a server running the weapon redux mod (among others), meaning you are on stable, so why are you posting on a thread about the experimental branch?

Anyway the attachment thing is a known issue on stable, while the ghillie and B95 troubles can only be related to the mod in question, so that needs to be reported to the mod creator(s).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

And also when you devs gonna tweak/implement diseases and temperatures?...you can eat raw meat(tested chickens,deers)...but this takes away firemaking,finding matches...

Quoting myself...?

When nothing changes and no one answers...i have feeling that there is not even system on engine what handles diseases/temperatures.from july they have collecting data about how harsh they wanna go...its december now..

Last time asking...are we gonna get some system what im writing about next week or sometime in 2019.

With these system on,i would play because those things drive players to do many things....finding better clothes,matches,finding shelter,medication,making fires...

So?

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 2

18 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Quoting myself...?

When nothing changes and no one answers...i have feeling that there is not even system on engine what handles diseases/temperatures.from july they have collecting data about how harsh they wanna go...its december now..

Last time asking...are we gonna get some system what im writing about next week or sometime in 2019.

With these system on,i would play because those things drive players to do many things....finding better clothes,matches,finding shelter,medication,making fires...

So?

I'm with you on this. It was completely ridiculous how they announced and talked how six or so diseases would come back in July with the first content patch. Then it dropped and nothing....
Sure, they said they would collect data to see how it performed etc. So I was convinced that we would see diseases (and temperature) play a serious role again within a month or two. Now we are literally 5 days away from the 1.0 and still I can eat all the raw meat and drink all the pond water. Just a short message on this and if it will be updated in the next few days would suffice, because sadly I even start to doubt that anything will change with diseases/temperature in the next few days.

• Sad 2
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Quoting myself...?

So?

As i said in the other thread, sickness is in, you can at least catch a cold. 

0ynqdjq.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

"Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe."

Surely this is a MUST FIX before stable release ?

I have been asking this same question for days now, even before they said they would drop 1.0 on Wednesday of this next week, and all I hear are the die hard BI brown nosers saying the same thing... Basebuilding is not important, or it's my fault, or whatever other BS vomits from their mouth holes.  I love this game, have over 4000 hours, and run a community server.  This issue is complex, but what really is perplexing is why this arbitrary date is being thrown at everyone.  Nothing short of a miracle will save this game from being THRASHED by most Youtubers/streams and gaming magazines and websites.  5 years and this what they want people to see?  

• Beans 3

6 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

die hard BI brown nosers

?

ImpulZ still in the office 7pm Friday .. That man has standing in his profession and he has my respect - I aint going to criticize him.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

32 minutes ago, sethxdeath said:

Experimental servers are still crashing. Zombies are still teleporting.

Servers crashing is a pisser-glitch it will be fixed. Zombies are suffering from a mind changing infection that turns them into alien Evil X-Men mutants with crazy inhuman powers - you need to STAY AWAY from them they are DANGEROUS... (and unpredictable)  ya know ? Just because they shuffle and look dumb don't mean they cant suddenly turn your brain to scrambled egg from a mile away or teleport or rip your throat out through a wall .. keep away from those mil bases .. don't carry heavy backpacks..   RUN.. pray.. RUN.. First rule of safety: make sure you ALWAYS travel with a friend who can't run as fast as you. Wow.  Those zombs sure are FUN, right ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

For me it is much better than yesterday honestly, yesterday it crashed each 5 minutes, today I spent about an hour and it was ok, few times the player warped heavily.

I spent about an hour in electro running everywhere around most "dangerous" places, chilling on roofs with flare on... then multiple flares on, spent about an hour in electro like that. And met no one. If you want to cast depression on yourself DayZ is a good way.

With 1.0 almost right there with a gameplay like that... in terms of experience: [heavily bugged, less nice, super unpolished, with less features 0.54 with 20 fps runing on potato] >>>> [less bugged, much nicer, 100+ fps late 0.63 build]. 

Edited by Mantasisg

50 minutes ago, dallebull said:

As i said in the other thread, sickness is in, you can at least catch a cold. 

0ynqdjq.png

Yes..that human face..is that sickness?...so its just symbol but does it really affect anything?

If i can eat whole deer raw without any problems and just continue runnin naked in nightly freezing rain...something is wrong...

From testing...i know that i can get angry human face from drinking from pond...but is that all that we have?

If you guys have played long dark and you managed to get yourself stomach problems or frostbite...you are in serious problems.

6 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

Yes..that human face..is that sickness?...so its just symbol but does it really affect anything?

If i can eat whole deer raw without any problems and just continue runnin naked in nightly freezing rain...something is wrong...

From testing...i know that i can get angry human face from drinking from pond...but is that all that we have?

If you guys have played long dark and you managed to get yourself stomach problems or frostbite...you are in serious problems.

I'm coughing and sneezing constantly. It's not fun at all.... Caught it from a friend, heard him coughing long before i heard any footsteps so beeing stealthy is impossible. I even think zombies can hear you (Or they are just more aggressive overall)

Codeine doesn't help, neither does antibiotics. I guess i have to wait it out.

Dunno about other illnesses though. I really dont wanna try xD

My friend got it from beeing cold and wet for too long. 

• Thanks 1