bandito6000

ZOMBIE AGRO DISTANCE

Okay guys so this is getting irritating. I'll start by saying I'm 100% behind higher amounts of zombies, and I like how they pose more of a threat now, but if they want to put more of an emphasis on sneaking then please for the love of all that is Holy LOWER the AGRO distance.  I can't walk out the front door of a building without instantly pissing off 5-10 zombies. I can't be sneaky or make strategic plays if the second I see one they see me.  

True. Crouching and sneaking past them within 10 meters is impossible post patch. Before that you could do it somewhat easy and even down to 5 meters if it was pouring down rain.

But just like you, i want it to be hard as hell and you should think twice before looting a MB.

Would like to give a fair warning to those thinking of raiding zelenogorsk MB... don't. It's the only base connected to a large town wich will triple the amount of zombies if you fire off shots (they attract others with their scream/roar). Silencer or no silencer..once they roar you got 3-4 firemen zombies and 7-8 civlian zombies on top of the 6+ in the base.

Think you can handle that now? Good luck to you.

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

True. Crouching and sneaking past them within 10 meters is impossible post patch. Before that you could do it somewhat easy and even down to 5 meters if it was pouring down rain.

But just like you, i want it to be hard as hell and you should think twice before looting a MB.

Would like to give a fair warning to those thinking of raiding zelenogorsk MB... don't. It's the only base connected to a large town wich will triple the amount of zombies if you fire off shots (they attract others with their scream/roar). Silencer or no silencer..once they roar you got 3-4 firemen zombies and 7-8 civlian zombies on top of the 6+ in the base.

Think you can handle that now? Good luck to you.

I had no zombie problem when killing players there. 

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

I had no zombie problem when killing players there. 

Sometimes you can walk right up to a zombie and it ignores you. I'm not sure if it's because they spawned on someone else and they logged off? Other times they see you from a long way off and swarm you. And they can teleport through walls into buildings, so if it hasn't happened to you yet you've been lucky. I used to just avoid zombies but now I clear an area out before looting it. 

44 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sometimes you can walk right up to a zombie and it ignores you. I'm not sure if it's because they spawned on someone else and they logged off? Other times they see you from a long way off and swarm you. And they can teleport through walls into buildings, so if it hasn't happened to you yet you've been lucky. I used to just avoid zombies but now I clear an area out before looting it. 

Most of the autumn aggro distance and general reaction time/responsiveness of infected has been abysmally poor. It has become a bit better lately, but you can still walk around fairly carelessly without bringing down a horde on your behind. The good thing is how their screams attract more infected from the vicinity, if you're in an infested town you can quickly end up in trouble. Granted, I've been playing on servers with around 3x the amount of zombies than on public servers, which calls for a bit more care when you are moving around looting.

The teleporting AI (I've also seen cows and deer teleport over 100m) and infected spawning within sight of players are some of the most glaring issues DayZ has at the moment, I truly hope these are on the devs' radar and being fixed before release next week. The current status just looks unprofessional.

Edited by Beavis3D

20 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

The teleporting AI (I've also seen cows and deer teleport over 100m) and infected spawning within sight of players are some of the most glaring issues DayZ has at the moment, I truly hope these are on the devs' radar and being fixed before release next week. The current status just looks unprofessional.

So you guys have this issue now? A week before 1.0/gold?

That's not good.

2 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

That's not good.

It has been reported a million times over since the issue popped up some time before beta, so far I haven't even seen it mentioned in the "known issues" section of the patch notes. Which is actually a bit ridiculous.

I do like the extra care needed when looting as a typical loot run even in a smaller hamlet when running solo now takes me approximately 15-20 minutes when before it would only take me approximately 5-10. That said, as many have reported, if you plan on just running in and out of a town or hamlet, especially with the infected being bugged, you can find yourself in a deadly situation very quickly... Be safe out there!

• Like 2

I for one, love the better AI in the Zambies. They should be that difficult to get around. Definitely makes you think twice about what you do and where you go. It has made me become more of a nomadic woodsman as of late and I am currently loving hunting in the woods for food. Found my first tent yesterday, so I am having a good time setting up a base in the woods. This is what true Dayz is to me, hardcore gaming at it's finest. Stay frosty out there.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I don't mind it at all. Just fix the teleporting bug. Sneaking works. It's like z's have 20/20 with binocs lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

thanks for all the feedback guys! I guess I'll work on my sneaking. I think it's just a combination of all the issues mentioned above that led to my frustration

• Like 3

On 7/12/2018 at 1:58 PM, bent.toe said:

That's not good.

And why exactly should the game go gold in 5 days?...

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

And why exactly should the game go gold in 5 days?...

I believe the game gets full 1.0 release on pc, not sure that console does though. 

14 hours ago, bent.toe said:

https://www.bohemia.net/blog/dayz-10-is-launching-on-december-13-on-steam

That's why... exactly.

And Q1 2019 for Xbox and PS4

That says nothing about that it will go gold for Xbox on the 13th (it does not even mention consoles).

It says that version 1.0 will launch on the 13th on Steam FOR PC.

I would be _very_ surprised if the Xbox-version was close to that - but ill send you a banana if it does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

That says nothing about that it will go gold for Xbox on the 13th (it does not even mention consoles).

It says that version 1.0 will launch on the 13th on Steam FOR PC.

I would be _very_ surprised if the Xbox-version was close to that - but ill send you a banana if it does.

We never talked about Xbox it's what you assume....i asked @Beavis3D if they still had problems in pc.

Then you come and quote me about Xbox because you can't read.

• Like 1

Dude, this is the Xbox-section.

Learn to get a friggin context, and maybe start throwing stupid assumptions around.

7 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Dude, this is the Xbox-section.

Learn to get a friggin context, and maybe start throwing stupid assumptions around.

But what they were talking about was relevant to console.