bent.toe

Seriously, i'm living off the grid now. Zombies are insane.

Latest patch did the zombies much more aggressive but also more buggy.

They walk on rooftops, crawl through walls, spawn right in front of you and never ever give up. They chase you forever. 

In some weird way i like it...but the instant spawn in front or behind us is a serious problem. Doing a base raid or even just fill your bottle at a well is death sentence after this patch...and we are 3-4 players.

Good luck making it off the coast as a fresh spawn.

• Like 1

Yeah, the teleport needs sorting but I do like the more aggressive zombies and also how alerting one can trigger a whole group. That punch though, I've had a ruined backpack twice and lost count of the trouser changes

• Like 1

I was in Zelenogorsk last night doing my best to avoid zombies and was watching two different "brawls" between zombies and wolves. There were two of each on the train tracks battling it out just below where the army base is and then a pack of 5 wolves and 2 zombies up on a hill.

So I used all of them for target practise with my AK-M =)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, the teleport needs sorting but I do like the more aggressive zombies and also how alerting one can trigger a whole group. That punch though, I've had a ruined backpack twice and lost count of the trouser changes

Yeah, a lot of sewing kits has been disposed.

We lost 2 guys aswell. One from enemy fire while fighting zombies and one from hiding in a house when a crawling zombie got him (bug).

2 hours ago, Tino81 said:

I was in Zelenogorsk last night doing my best to avoid zombies and was watching two different "brawls" between zombies and wolves. There were two of each on the train tracks battling it out just below where the army base is and then a pack of 5 wolves and 2 zombies up on a hill.

So I used all of them for target practise with my AK-M =)

Did you happen to get shot when watching by the green containers? Because i shot someone doing the same exact thing as you lol their character was a girl. Had an akm, too.

Edited by nhow7108

Was followed down from the treeline into a village by wolves. Got into a house and listened to the wolves and zombies fighting it out - hard to tell in detail but it seemed like a whole big fight around the village, and a real quality sound-effect battle around my house. That fight really went on for a LONG time. The wolves don't seem to hurt the zombies much..but that's maybe because zombs don't bleed out? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Did you happen to get shot when watching by the green containers? Because i shot someone doing the same exact thing as you lol their character was a girl. Had an akm, too.

Not me mate, seemed to be on my own in the town. Fired off my first shot then hit the deck waiting for the bullets to start flying lol

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Was followed down from the treeline into a village by wolves. Got into a house and listened to the wolves and zombies fighting it out - hard to tell in detail but it seemed like a whole big fight around the village, and a real quality sound-effect battle around my house. That fight really went on for a LONG time. The wolves don't seem to hurt the zombies much..but that's maybe because zombs don't bleed out? 

The wolves tend to just jump around, but the crawling zombies move stupidly quick

• Beans 1

Me and the team are moving to a new location. Too risky in zelenogorsk.

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

The wolves tend to just jump around, but the crawling zombies move stupidly quick

Yes - these wolves that pursued me out of the woods took some time off to chase a whole field of cows before they followed me to the village.. looked like they didn't hurt any of the cows though.. cows ran around doubling in all directions because the wolves were running faster and in front of them and leaping at them, so it was chaotic but didn't lead to anything I could see.. I think maybe wolves just cause bleeding (and maybe no shock?) and bleeding doesn't count for anything with animals and zombs. Would be interesting to see a wolf get hold of a chicken.. (heh)..  & is a pity wild boar dont fight back.
I just had a hand axe.. I shut myself in a cabin and let all the wildlife and zombs get on with it.  Really took a long time.

xxP

• Beans 2

Sat in a house for 10 minutes trying to wait for the zombies to go back to their daily routine.

Got fed up and quit the server...

Weird decisions from the dev's sometimes. And it's practically impossible to loot a player you killed because the zombies swarm to that location and if you run too far the body will dissapear (ran a few buildings away and came back 4 minutes later... nothing. Poff.

Edited by bent.toe

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Weird decisions from the dev's sometimes. And it's practically impossible to loot a player you killed because the zombies swarm to that location and if you run to far the body will dissapear (ran a few buildings away and came back 4 minutes later... nothing. Poff.

A friend of mine got swarmed and killed in Kamensk while I was roughly five to seven minutes from him. I made a beeline to the outskirts of Kamensk to find fifteen zombies somewhat clustered around where he died and no body / gear left. Even if his body were still present, it's doubtful I would have survived retrieving his gear for him... 

Me and team mates have estimated that the body stays for 10 minutes if you are around it's vicinity and look at it. If you remove gear/ backpack those will stay when the body dissapears.

• Thanks 1

I underestimated the new zombies this morning and I died to a group of about 6 and lost all my loot! One charged me, and the fight just kept drawing more and more in. I'll never make that same mistake again. I'm loving that zombies are actually a genuine threat now.

• Like 1

Have been doing the same thing.. My frustration with the zombies is only that I am tired  of  clothing that is way to easily damaged now needs to be fixed 

I have changed my play style completely due to this update I don't even go into towns anymore stay off the edge only going into industrial ares when needed. All I have been doing is staying up north hunting animals and actively searching for player bases/loot as a solo player I have four stashed cars and have stolen six tents 

• Like 1

Only problem i have with zombies are the in your face spawning...

Edited by bent.toe

1 hour ago, u.s. army rangers said:

Have been doing the same thing.. My frustration with the zombies is only that I am tired  of  clothing that is way to easily damaged now needs to be fixed 

I have changed my play style completely due to this update I don't even go into towns anymore stay off the edge only going into industrial ares when needed. All I have been doing is staying up north hunting animals and actively searching for player bases/loot as a solo player I have four stashed cars and have stolen six tents 

Well your not the only one doing that, we lost 4 tents in total from 2 different bases. So there are more players playing your playstyle.

7 hours ago, u.s. army rangers said:

I like that approach. Gonna collect some netting and burlap sacks, construct myself a ghillie, and head north for base raiding. 

This game now feels like an actual zombie survival game, they did a great job making the zombies more deadly and now they are a actual threath.

Yeah, let's fix the sudden spawns, but please only that.

3 hours ago, MarczXD320 said:

This game now feels like an actual zombie survival game, they did a great job making the zombies more deadly and now they are a actual threath.

Yeah, let's fix the sudden spawns, but please only that.

Exactly. Those spawns need to go. Just have a preset amount of zombies. When they are killed no more spawn.

I'm afraid it's based on how many players are in the vicinity and therefore trigger more spawned zombies.

And when they fix the zombie spawns i sure as hell hope they fix the suppressor. Right now it's damaged after 3 clips of SINGLE fire..i carry 3 gun cleaning kits. That's just rediculous.

Same with clothes, you need 2 sewing kits and 2 leather sewing kits.

Combined that's like 34 slots. Not ok.