ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

ETA 19:00, apparently dev wants to stay up whole night :D (earlier launch would be better for the team i think).

PS. I have playtime 15-19 :E

Have the day off, and have to wait until later.  Such a frown face on my side here.  Would like to see as many bugs as possible fixed before the holiday break strikes.  And I hope it goes well for the devs who we know are under a great deal of pressure.  Better to go on your break and feel good rather than stressed.  I would like to see servers filling up over that break. 

Edited by isaac19delta

Over 4 million copies sold before 1.0 Lauch. So not bad for BIS. DayZ also boosted ArmA series sales. It's a win-win for the company.

New players will like it, unless they think it's to hard. Bad reviews come from the players who have played the game from the start.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Over 4 million copies sold before 1.0 Lauch. So not bad for BIS. DayZ also boosted ArmA series sales. It's a win-win for the company.

New players will like it, unless they think it's to hard. Bad reviews come from the players who have played the game from the start.

New players will think it's 10 years out of date, with janky controls; it has not aged well. The market is awash with high quality games atm, do you honestly think dayz in it's current state can compete?

16 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

New players will think it's 10 years out of date, with janky controls; it has not aged well. The market is awash with high quality games atm, do you honestly think dayz in it's current state can compete?

Looking at similar games, there is not really a competitor that is of much higher quality than DayZ. Some competitors have elements that they do (currently) better and vice versa. But there is no game that makes DayZ abundant.

Edited by amadieus

19:00 Central European Time - CET (UTC +1)
    18:00 Greenwich Mean Time - GMT (UTC+0)
    14:00 Eastern Daylight Time - EDT (UTC -4)
    05:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time - AEDT (UTC +11)
    11:00 Pacific Daylight Time - PDT (UTC -7)
    20:00 South Africa Standard Time - SAST (UTC +2)  
    15:00 Brazil Time - BRT (UTC -3)
    21:00 Moscow Standard Time - MSK (UTC +3) 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

19:00 Central European Time - CET (UTC +1)
    18:00 Greenwich Mean Time - GMT (UTC+0)
    14:00 Eastern Daylight Time - EDT (UTC -4)
    05:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Time - AEDT (UTC +11)
    11:00 Pacific Daylight Time - PDT (UTC -7)
    20:00 South Africa Standard Time - SAST (UTC +2)  
    15:00 Brazil Time - BRT (UTC -3)
    21:00 Moscow Standard Time - MSK (UTC +3) 

What about Central Galactic Time (CGT)?

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

What about Central Galactic Time (CGT)?

we're already playing

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Looking at similar games, there is not really a competitor that is of much higher quality than DayZ. Some competitors have elements that they do (currently) better and vice versa. But there is no game that makes DayZ abundant.

Well that may convince you and approx. 2k people who will still be playing come January, but modern gamers will pass it by; too little, too late. That's ok for some, they've always seen it as a niche game; but I and others had hoped for more. What happened to the initial integrity of not releasing till it was ready? Sold down the river that's what...

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

Compete against wich games? AAA games like PUBG, BF, GTA? Yea not in the same league. Players who play those games probably think that Dayz is outdated. But in the same genre there is not much competition. Forest, Rust, Scum?

'No competition', well that'll convince the reviewers and prospective customers to buy a outdated and non functioning(persistence being the major, but not only bug.) 1.0 of Dayz...

15 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

modern gamers will pass it by

So who are you?  You claim to be a "modern gamer" ?  (whatever the EF that is?) - LOL - And DayZ players aren't ?

23 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

we're already playing

You CGT folks are so lucky!  Give us a report -- is the Winchester in it?  Are you vaulting all over the place?  Have you flown the helicopter yet?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

Well that may convince you and approx. 2k people who will still be playing come January, but modern gamers will pass it by; too little, too late. That's ok for some, they've always seen it as a niche game; but I and others had hoped for more. What happened to the initial integrity of not releasing till it was ready? Sold down the river that's what...

I was talking more about games within the same genre and not about the mainstream gamers that play any game that is popular. Why does it bother you anyway? Sincere question.

I mean, as long you have a thriving community you should be fine and find enough servers to play on.

Edited by amadieus

59 minutes ago, drgullen said:

You CGT folks are so lucky!  Give us a report -- is the Winchester in it?  Are you vaulting all over the place?  Have you flown the helicopter yet?

vaulting not so great 
watch your cooking pot unless you cook with water
don't eat seriously ill people
if you're fishing, don't let the Septopod pull you in and eat you
Are "helicopters" used for travel?  They are something like cars?

p.s. - still no flies on corpses {sigh} = is the major downer

Edited by pilgrim*

8 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I was talking more about games within the same genre and not about the mainstream gamers that play any game that is popular. Why does it bother you anyway? Sincere question.

I mean, as long you have a thriving community you should be fine and find enough servers to play on.

I wasn't going to say more, but as you asked it bothers me because it could of been so much more. If they had knocked it out the park with a feature complete 1.0 with all the guns, helis etc. then everyone would look again at the product and sales would pour in. This would allow them to fix/replace many of the terrible things in the game which without that budget will remain. As a small example but one I have always found especially glaring is who thinks that the checkered beds found in some buildings or civilian barracks are a acceptable texture object? They are awful and hark back to half life 2 era graphics. These and many other things could be changed with cash, but with no real momentum from a lacklustre launch all we going to get is maintenance mode and that depresses me.

Edited by Bob.E.Dazzler
  • Beans 1

Just now, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

All I want to do is break peoples legs and then go fishing, does that make me a monster?

Happy Xmas all.

According to pilgrim, it makes you a Septopod :)

27 minutes ago, Bob.E.Dazzler said:

I wasn't going to say more, but as you asked it bothers me because it could of been so much more. If they had knocked it out the park with a feature complete 1.0 with all the guns, helis etc. then everyone would look again at the product and sales would pour in. This would allow them to fix/replace many of the terrible things in the game which without that budget will remain. As a small example but one I have always found especially glaring is who thinks that the checkered beds found in some buildings or civilian barracks are a acceptable texture object? They are awful and hark back to half life 2 era graphics. These and many other things could be changed with cash, but with no real momentum from a lacklustre launch all we going to get is maintenance mode and that depresses me.

I totally agree with you on this. The current situation of the game does not bother me much, it is that they release a version that will be seen as a full release by basically anyone that does not follow this development thoroughly. That is what is bothering me as well. The potential will be ruined as the game will be flamed for its buggyness and lack of content. Ha! Don't start talking about buildings and most specifically the interiors. It is one of the things I simply can't wait to get reworked.

Anyhow, I am confident that the game will see full development throughout 2019. What happens beyond that remains the question, which can be influenced by its reception. 

Dayz does beat the competition in my opinion.  The size of the map and the landscape it great.  The map size is a huge deal to me, as it allows a more expansive game.  Others like Miscreated for instance have smaller maps, and you feel much more crowded with less options.  People who play PubG are not in the same category, but with the sandbox ability that Dayz offers, there will be servers dedicated to battle royal type game play in some way shape or form much like ARMA servers were.  

The great thing about BI is they are very welcoming to the mod community, which gives the games a very long life cycle.  People are still playing on modded ARMA 2 today.  I personally will take the longevity of play and seemingly endless options that BI offers with it's games.  

• Thanks 1

I would also add that I do like some of the "clunky" parts of the game such as in combat.  But by clunky I mean to convey that the realism is appealing.  Swing an axe at something in real life for example.  They have done a great job of creating animations that more closely resembles that of a real life action.  Games that allow people to bunny hop around and swing an axe like they are playing air guitar gets old for me, and attracts people that are instant gratification hounds.  Much like those that want no stamina at all in the game, who must get from the east coast to NWAF in a flash.   This being a survival game, should side much more on realism than that off the run and gun sprinting and jumping everywhere genre of games like PubG and COD.  
*edit
I would however like to see thirst changed just a bit, and navigating small obstacles like knee fences made easier, and firearm/knife/axe damage brought closer to reality.  But I'm sure those will change as we progress. My knife for instance was ruined after taking bark off a tree 5 times.  

Edited by isaac19delta

i only like the no stamina cause there wasnt much in the way of vehicles when .63 rolled out