ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

1 minute ago, isaac19delta said:

Is this then available for download and playable at midnight EST, or what time zone are they working with here? 

Unfortunately the interstellar debris Ming157 will strike Earth 74 seconds before Midnight EST,  (location 175MC45 USNG).  The M175 is about 32km in diameter and traveling at only 88 km/sec relative to the projected point of impact.  As this is an inland event, it is expected that players in Europe and Asia will be able to log in to DayZ 1.0 for over an hour before serious disruptive effects propagate. NASA had originally aimed to have catalogued 90% of near-Earth objects larger than 1 km in diameter (large enough to cause a mass extinction) by 2008. Unfortunately this project is behind schedule and is now [/was] expected to be completed within the next few years. Both BI and NASA apologize for inconvenience to USA DayZ players. Note that mass panic or complaining on this blog is pointless: thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 2

29 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Unfortunately the interstellar debris Ming157 will strike Earth 74 seconds before Midnight EST,  (location 175MC45 USNG).  The M175 is about 32km in diameter and traveling at only 88 km/sec relative to the projected point of impact.  As this is an inland event, it is expected that players in Europe and Asia will be able to log in to DayZ 1.0 for over an hour before serious disruptive effects propagate. NASA had originally aimed to have catalogued 90% of near-Earth objects larger than 1 km in diameter (large enough to cause a mass extinction) by 2008. Unfortunately this project is behind schedule and is now [/was] expected to be completed within the next few years. Both BI and NASA apologize for inconvenience to USA DayZ players. Note that mass panic or complaining on this blog is pointless: thank you.

Love it lol

• Beans 2

Re: Persistence.... for those that don't follow Reddit.  We worked late last night to reproduce and capture the problem for BI.  We were successful.  Now BI knows that the issue is caused by server not shutting down gracefully, so if there are write operations going on in the persistence files, it corrupts them and we lose stuff.

I know I have not been happy with all of this but when we heard Eugene asking for detailed reports and they only had a few on the Feeback tracker, I knew we had to do something since few people were.  And I'm glad we could help... now maybe this will be put to bed when they give out some details on how these servers should be shut down and restarted correctly.

here's the ticket we submitted last night: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T135002

Follow Eugene's reddit thread: 

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

..//..

checksum

Who would have that that forcing server restarts and trying to bypass game mechanics (Night time) would corrupt the files.  I mean, every game game almost tells you not to shutdown your computer/console when a save is in progress

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Who would have that that forcing server restarts and trying to bypass game mechanics (Night time) would corrupt the files.  I mean, every game game almost tells you not to shutdown your computer/console when a save is in progress

Who would have thought reading , and comprehending would not be your best talent?  Answer:  Everyone except you because...you know... the comprehension part.   

None of what you said is true.  Not one word. 

• Like 1

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

Who would have thought reading , and comprehending would not be your best talent?  Answer:  Everyone except you because...you know... the comprehension part.   

None of what you said is true.  Not one word. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Who would have thought reading , and comprehending would not be your best talent? 

.. er ..  << How does this get fixed and how in the world are we as private community server owners supposed to test it before it hits STABLE? >>  TheGF

Edited by pilgrim*
~ reading

Yes

....like they said....1.0 gonna be fresh start!!!!

Holy shiet, it is really happening, 5 long years :)

ETA would be nice to know :)

2 hours ago, Edqar said:

ETA would be nice to know :)

Yes please, I don't want to stick on my chair looking at steam waiting for the update...;  give us an ETA please :)

7 minutes ago, marcheur said:

Yes please, I don't want to stick on my chair looking at steam waiting for the update...;  give us an ETA please :)

Relax, make a tea, do something useful and don't take a sh*t. You may checkout their twitter. About ETA - 'cmon thay don't whant to have a problems. Thay need to upload, settin' up, and only then it will work. It could be that only tomorrow we'll see the game and server files... So relax ))))

1 minute ago, Sid Debian said:

Relax, make a tea, do something useful and don't take a sh*t. You may checkout their twitter. About ETA - 'cmon thay don't whant to have a problems. Thay need to upload, settin' up, and only then it will work. It could be that only tomorrow we'll see the game and server files... So relax ))))

haha thanks, I'm not stressed ;) it's just that I have stuff to do too ;)

GL Devs I hope everything will be successor... Im excited (and afraid) about all the reviews in the gaming world press after releasing 1.0 - THE RELEASE OF DAYZ 1.0 Its a really big announcement after 5 years of development! Wish you the best!

The 1.0 update will launch on Thursday, December 13th at 19:00 CET. Until then, DayZ is still available for its Early Access Alpha price of 27,99 EUR / 34.99 USD / 22.99 GBP. After launching the 1.0 update, DayZ will be sold for 37,99 EUR / 44.99 USD / 31.99 GBP on Steamand continue receiving new content and features during post-launch development and support. Our development road-map for post 1.0 content will be established and presented at the beginning of next year.

We didn't hear much of the map artists in a while, and didn't the dev team say at one point (Ok they also told us many things, like bears roaming the forests) they would release the namalsk map on official release? Now that would be a nice surprise!

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. - We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival .. and I say, “come then, let us go forward together with our united strength.”