ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

At this point, given the complete shut down of comms from the devs to the community and not one single EXP update to fix game-breaking bugs on the weekend before THE release that matters after 5 years....the only thing 1.0 appears to bring to the table is another box full of nails to the proverbial coffin BI is building for this game.

i sincerely am hoping that they have something HUGE planned this week to turn this proverbial ship around    No amount of good will is going to do shit for a game being developed openly for 5 years and released with less content than the mod it was created from and so many major issues and bugs left on the table to be fixed after release   

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

All the complaining about the release to 1.0 wont change the date .. or the outcome. You all know you will still be playing the game, if you don't that's fine too. Why everyone feels the need to keep harping on this I really don't get it .. I've been here since the mod, then off and on through alpha.. I'm still gonna play no matter what the version is called. as there is no game of this genre that compares to dayz even with the bugs .. yall act like this is horrid.. it's not just the next stage of the game. Yea maybe it's not ready to be called 1.0 .. as long as they keep on keepin on .. I will be here playin dayz.
Thank you to all of the devs for making the best game for the genre you guys made everyone else try to copy and beat you on .. but so far nothing compares

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

.. but so far nothing compares

Until Dead Matter releases.  Competition is what DayZ and BI needs.   They are about to get it.... thank Goodness.  

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, drgullen said:

A "released" game is supposed to be one that contains all the intended features of the game and one that is relatively bug-free.

So in fact you have no idea what the "release" will be like because you've never played it? 

This is your argument - you don't know what the very important "release" will be like because you've never played it - you're making an "educated guess" and freaking out.  In fact you have no idea what this vital "release" will be like, you've said yourself  no one's ever played it or even seen it. 
And you claim a "release"  is supposed to be bug free?  Dude! - Go tell Microsoft. 

Judging by the responses to this thread, I don't think a lot of players CARE a WHOLE LOT at all  about arguing  0.63, 0.99, or 1.0000  .. seems like most players don't GIVE much of a damn for the number in the corner of the login screen - except just one or two special folk who have turned up to shout " DoooooooM !! " for their own reasons. A couple of NEW "doom shouters", and a couple of old standard "doom shouters"

None of this is going to change anything. Ya can play, or not play, it's really down to you.

Nobody forced you to buy Windows 10 either.  <LOL>
Did you get your money back for that yet ?

Just enjoy yourself man, if you cant enjoy yourself here, there is still the rest of the world FULL of stuff. You could find something you like ?

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Until Dead Matter releases.  Competition is what DayZ and BI needs.   They are about to get it.... thank Goodness.  

Really looking forward to play the closed alpha...for me beside Hell let loose and Get the Fuck out  the most promising looking MP/Co-Op game coming next year

12 hours ago, Chainsaw_Squirrel said:

All the complaining about the release to 1.0 wont change the date .. or the outcome. You all know you will still be playing the game, if you don't that's fine too. Why everyone feels the need to keep harping on this I really don't get it .. I've been here since the mod, then off and on through alpha.. I'm still gonna play no matter what the version is called. as there is no game of this genre that compares to dayz even with the bugs .. yall act like this is horrid.. it's not just the next stage of the game. Yea maybe it's not ready to be called 1.0 .. as long as they keep on keepin on .. I will be here playin dayz.
Thank you to all of the devs for making the best game for the genre you guys made everyone else try to copy and beat you on .. but so far nothing compares

The real dayz died about 2 years ago right before we entered .62, look at the steam charts we can hardly pull 5 k players concurrently , and most of these people are just loot hungry server hoppers playing by themselves . This is not something we could have imagined when the standalone first started and we were all bright eyed and bushy tailed .

These devs need to take control of their game , as of right now the ONLY people appreciating how they are handling this are people like yourself that have absolutely nothing to say about the game unless it’s positive - it’s like you’re in denial to the reality of things and you want to stay in your little fake world Made up entirely by the interns of dayz that are essentially roller coaster riding “their” game to hell .

Sure dayz will make it because actual devs worked on it for years before these interns got their hands on it , but we as original backers from December 2013 can’t help but feel disgusted when we think of how much work went into this project only to be rushed out the door in a sloppy state as soon as the finish line was in sight; and all for the community of players that the devs ENSURED US wouldn’t receive special attention : the Xbox / console crowd ...

Yes ladies and gentleman it seems the new faux devs were won over by mad money and an early Xbox push as years ago they said they wouldn’t push out the Xbox version with the pc version so they could solely focus on the pc version , and now ? Well now we all know what’s happening, our game is being rushed to meet the craze of Xbox fans wanting to buy into all the juicy dayz games and merch . 

Ive said it for years and say it again : I love dayz , and want the best for it , what’s happening now is simply not the best for it and now I see my favorite game stripping itself of features to meet an arbitrary deadline that makes NO SENSE to meet in such a short amount of time . Haven’t these devs ever heard the saying “slow and steady wins the race”? Don’t these devs have phones ? ;) 

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

4 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Regarding persistence wipes and the 1.0 release.....

v9kfz3q3fh321.jpg

Sadly it doesn't surprise me. Issues like this can just not be in a version that will be open for reviews and will be regarded as a 'finished' game by the general audience.

I know that it will be fixed, but people who will buy it when it is 1.0 will not.

• Beans 1

Can I say it now ?

... 1.O

YYYYyyyyyeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

I'm far too salty to care what all the fair weather players think.

This is nothing.

Par for the course.

I'm totally eating popcorn here, and it tastes just like it did for years now.

Bring on 1.1....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

On 2018. 12. 06. at 6:43 PM, ImpulZ said:

Hello Survivors,

let's get straight to the point: It is time. DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development!

Is the price going up on 13. december? thx for the ansver

"Sadly the release has been set and despite our best efforts the solution will not be ready by then"

Does anyone else who has run, managed, or even been part of a team, see something like this and wonder how we managed to get even THIS far with this game?

Oh Boy....

If I let someone say this kind of thing towards an already impatient customer base it would be not only embarrassing as hell...it would probably screw me out of half my returning contracts.

Sheesh! I wish these guys would just shut the heck up and do what they need to do!

The best investment they could have made would have been to hire a full-time PR/Marketing spokesperson to take the flak and to pour the sugar!

I said this years ago, when Brian would go on his extended periods of radio silence...and that Tweet is EXACTLY the kind of thing that makes me want to go on a Cherno Snipe-fest!

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Yea yea .. proof is in the pudding .. SCUM was supposed to be all that and then some .. No one can say anything about how great it will be since no one has seen it yet.. SCUm was showing how great it was too .. turned out not so great.. yea still in dev too...and no not 5 years yet.. but end the end .. it come down to one thing .. can they produce in real live game play what they show ?

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

I will say this, the Dead Matter community has been amazing from the beginning, and the developers have consistently asked the community what they thought about this or that.  Many ideas from the community have been implemented.  Some random guy thought being able to throw a fire alarm in a building would be awesome assuming it had electricity.  They put it in the game, along with a control panel to stop the alarm.  That kind of shit only happened when a streamer asked for it with DayZ... just regular players asking for stuff over there.  We will have a closed Alpha pretty soon, I was gifted a key and a Beta Key as well. 

Granted... they have a proven engine, and they also have Epic Games who has taken noticed and offered assistance.  THAT, my friend, is how shit gets done.  We will see if they have the goods first Quarter of 2019.

I'm OT..... back to asking BI what planet they live on with this 1.0 announcement.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

So 1.0 basically gonna be the real BETA. And probably 3.0 the real 1.0. 

Edited by exacomvm

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, shinjuru said:

We hope and pray that DayZ Standalone release doesn't turn into the Cluster Flux that Bethesda has been encountering with Fallout 76.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fallout+76+worst+launch

Don't pull a Bethesda.   We actually want you to succeed and put out a good product.

Yep. After seeing what happened to FO76 I really wonder how they even have balls to "release" the game now. Well in 2 days I'll see if I leave first negative game review in Steam. When you leave beta and early access, the game should've well working core and only minor bugs. DayZ doesn't need any PR disaster but with this early release it has potential to achieve it.

Is it Microsoft, some investor or something like that squeezing the trigger?

I just don't get it how BIS is calling crystal clear beta products as full released games. Arma 3 was the same and now they do the same with DayZ. Arma 3 missed singleplayer campaign that's one of the core elements of Arma and I feel like DayZ is also missing "campaign" though in this game it just means the gameplay is still lame (and likely still pretty buggy).

The game will likely start to shine at the end of 2019 or bit later when the actual out-of-beta stage has been achieved.

BI should have just called it release 8.4.  That really would have thrown this community for a loop 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terellthederell said:

Is The Realese 13 Decembre worldwide?

No it's only going to be released to my computer on that date, the rest of the world will have to wait till the time zones catch up to them.