ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Soooo, did anyone else catch Pilgrim's handful of Freudian slips in which he referred to the upcoming release as 0.1?

Jungian - pleeeease !  

- but I definitely didn't notice that myself .. probably because I don't care what it says on the box-sticker. Frankly my dear, I don't give a Damn.

- I bought it YEARS AGO, I aint paid anything SINCE THEN , and that's nearly as much free entertainment as I've had from ANY deal, ever (I wonder how that money splits down into BI wages and profit etc.. ?). I have zero complaints about that.
- They are pulling the big lever, the Creative Director has left because they DONT NEED HIM anymore (get it?), that's the END of DayZ Development. 
- The timing is entirely due to (-1-) the console market. And (-2-) what else is there to DEVELOP? 
You build your building, you design your aircraft, you construct your bridge, .. and then you go design something else.. I haven't noticed many designers working on the Sydney Opera House or the Golden Gate Bridge or the Tower of London or the Sphinx, recently... just maintenance, right ?  Maybe add a new railing?  A postcard stand? A repaint ?

- DayZ can trail on forever adding on little bits, altering little bits,  and changing MINOR stuff, but in 2 years or 5 years from now it will be JUST ABOUT EXACTLY the SAME as it is.. 
- We'll see what happens, but NOW the aim is a SMOOTH Xbox experience and a LAUNCH.
- Back when folk were shouting and foaming at the mouth about ENDGAME, BI decided on Bases, and they also decided on the move to CONSOLE, and those two things have come together. Complete game AS INTENDED, complete MARKET for BI products AS INTENDED.. and so nothing left to do except the varnishing.  

- that's obvious, obvious, really SOOOOoooooooo  OBVIOUS. 
- so the techs get it smooth and FINISHED for the opening , to SEND IT OUT to the PC gamers and the great MASS of console players  - and there are millions of consoles .. just Sony and Microsoft together have more than 600,000,000 units out ATM .. that's home player-buyers, ya know?
And then WHAT ELSE IS TO DO ??
- sit back and see what happens.

You cant have a game that is everything to everybody.  Not Ever.  This is a game, not a fundamentalist religion (and maybe you've noticed, all the religious fanatics "A" disagree with the religious fanatics "B" in BIG ways. you CANT please A & B, fact of life. Try and they both hate you for it).
If I was developing this game and READ THIS BLOG for one month, I'd DUMP the whole lot of you, (damn crapheads) I'd give you whatever was in the Office at the moment, lock up, and CLOSE IT DOWN. Thanx, Goodbye, Have a Nice Life..  Seriously, have you read the "adult criticism" in this blog ?  - NOBODY would put up with that crap for long .. Maybe games developers HAVE TO,  but I definitely would NOT.
If you don't like the game, go hang yourselves. 

Future development? - WHY?? - Seriously Emuthreat, take a poll and SEE how many existing players would buy a SECOND COPY of the game if it had "making sandwiches" in it.?  Adding a different shape car, a new gun, or a different can of beanz.. you call that DEVELOPMENT ? - Development is OVER, dude..

Personally, I'd like FLIES - then you can call the version any number you like.. but that is NOT going to happen, nothing is going to happen to DayZ.. except fixing glitches

this is supposed to make you CHEERFUL and HAPPY because now you HAVE the FINISHED GAME.

OK ?

Enjoy

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 06/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, ZomboWTF said:

nobody claims that

but this version coming as a "finished" product is not a good idea imo

Nowdays almost every game comes out unfinished, not saying it's an excuse but that's the industry standard. You make a seemingly working product, release it, downsize the crew to cover expenses and fix the bugs along the way.

There is also the copy/paste genre where you just use the same engine and same gameplay mechanics over and over again when releasing "new" products. Those tend to work properly.

Hmmm I am trying to remember the name of the guy that had the idea for an open world sandbox zombie survival game in the first place...before Hicks that was....you know that creative guy that made the gaming world stood still for a good while...not being a real experienced project lead but full of interesting ideas focused on gameplay and player freedom...he then went off to climb a mountain...hmmm

would love to hear what he thinks about what the technocrats made of his original idea....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Goodluck Bohemia with your future businesses. You're credibility isnt worth jack anymore.

Im wandering if opting for a refund is now possible?! Sure i had plenty of play time. But we also were promised a full product. Let me see what steamsupport thinks about this. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McWendy said:

Goodluck Bohemia with your future businesses. You're credibility isnt worth jack anymore.

Im wandering if opting for a refund is now possible?! Sure i had plenty of play time. But we also were promised a full product. Let me see what steamsupport thinks about this. 

Plans change, we already knew for a year that 1.0 would not be the 'full product'.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Plans change, we already knew for a year that 1.0 would not be the 'full product'.

Sure that makes it oké.....

Recorded today, on stable. Dayz hitting 1.0 not full featured is one thing, but basics still not working right is another...

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, nl said:

Recorded today, on stable. Dayz hitting 1.0 not full featured is one thing, but basics still not working right is another...

I Just heard that Plans change. So Its oké........ 

23 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Who wants to go through DayZ development all over again from the start?

it won't happen

But Emuthreat is not wrong

Most of the players who have been with DayZ PC for a while, and plenty of "newcomers" all b@ggered off to Experimental and then Stress Test because it was MORE EXCITING.. there was always New Stuff and the UNKNOWN and new ideas, new crafting, different techniques, strange zombies, exploration..
It was an INTEGRAL IMPORTANT part of the game for many players that DayZ  KEPT CHANGING.. THAT was a lot of the fun. & no one cared if gear vanished, they didn't expect anything else..

You could always drop back to 0.62 (or whatever Stable) to go walkabout, check what the hunting was like, how many KoSers were running up and down the coast, re-tune your skills, see how the old country was getting along. Get into an adventure. Check the strange quirks and glitches that were always a standard part of the game. Things that only worried new players.

BUT -admit it- for exitement and strangeness and new horizons and crazy events and things never tired before, pretty often you went to the "development" branches..

Now there AINT NO Development.. That's finished. And a major FUN part of the game has finished right there with it. One of the REASONS people LIKED DayZ is finishing  HERE, now.. "Stable" is all that will be left.

Stable is good for conservative gamers who want the rules, who want to know when they're safe, who want predictability.  Not SO good for the old strange freaks who came out of the first DayZ woods and boiled their water in an empty beanz can.  Stable is still OK (or will be), but the end of Experimental means HALF the game is going missing soon.. "what is it today?  well, it's just STABLE again today."  - No Change..  Right. Pity!  
We weren't playing experimental out of "a deep sense of duty", we played it because that was the KICK.

So Emuthreat has that right.. A big part of the game broke off, and soon it will be left behind.
Two or three years ago when the city ground floor machine shops turned up - and then when the small loading bay garage workshops appeared - I suggested those could be used to sharpen blades and axes, repair weapons, make metalwork pieces.. (and now we even have generators to run those lathes etc).. and someone recently suggested the same thing -  a week ago.  

And that's just ONE of those dozens or hundreds of ideas about alternatives and crafting and survival and gameplay options that won't be implemented.. and worse, they WONT be tried out.. you won't find those options on Experimental because it won't  exist.  You wont have fun with the new stuff. Emuthreat won't ever bake bread in his ovens.

And all those northern forests that would be GREAT for hidden forts - they were all cut down and tarmacked LONG ago.

In fact the suggestions that WERE taken up (and the game plan was mainly set even before the suggestions)  - it's EASY to see now, the key development focus starting at least 2 years back - was designed to follow the big outcry for ENDGAME..  

= store loads of gear
= respawn and reequip in zero time
= private servers
= full military equipment in 2 hours
= drive cars
= build forts
= pvp with no consequences
= predictability
and mods (natch)

Problem was/is - that ENDGAME is what folk do NOW right from the START of the game.. ("screw survival, there aint even an autorun button, so EF that")... So 2 years of development has gone to focus on ENDGAME, and the result is what.. ??
..eh.. the GAME has ENDED..the Endgame is complete and it is Everywhere.         So .. That's all folks !!

Endgame is NOT DayZ

IF (big if)  anything turns up in the future it will be more endgame .. e.g. Helicopters, rocket launchers, machine guns, airdrops scattered across loadout mods.. and DayZ will be not only STABLE it will also be STANDARD. - And ..shit, it's already happened:
That old unlikely DayZ that CHANGED and had IDEAS is in the past.
Damn, they even took out bullet-drop, because "dude, what's the point?"

I was OK, boiling my water in an old beanz can .. and Experimental was ALWAYS interesting.
and there were FLIES
and bodies in the road...
and deep forests, & lost places, dangerous cities
It wasn't a game that you signed up for and played the way you expected (like other games) - it was a game that changed the way you thought.

But Most - or "Enough" - folk wanted "endgame" - they didn't want to play < DayZ > they wanted a game with a POINT to it, (like TombRaider meets Modern Warfare) - and they got it.   "wow dude, make the map smaller so we can get to the END faster, make gearing up easier"   So now DayZ = endgame, like all the other games. And it will attract the players who seek that.  = Conservatism, predictability, stability, nothing unexpected, nothing original, build a fort, capture the flag  ("why are there no Achievements?, that sucks").     And they wont even know why they get bored with it so fast.

So WHEN are we going to dump Experimental from the options, hmm ?
Because we don't need it anymore - right ?

8ksEPEj.png

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Sure that makes it oké.....

You obviously miss the point, considering your snarky remark. The whole debate is not about the content/features that are not in yet as they will be added after 1.0.

The discussion is about the fact that the game is too buggy for a 1.0 release in a marketing sense.

18 minutes ago, amadieus said:

You obviously miss the point, considering your snarky remark. The whole debate is not about the content/features that are not in yet as they will be added after 1.0.

The discussion is about the fact that the game is too buggy for a 1.0 release in a marketing sense.

19 minutes ago, amadieus said:

For someone Who has been here since SA start I and many others have seen broken promise upon broken promise.

So yeah i have no hopes for decent development after 1.0. Why? Because they failed numerous times.

Snarky remarks or not.... 

Miscreated hits 1.0 a few days after us. for them it's Beta.

1.0 is a milestone not the be all and end all of things.

Checkout X4 Foundations, great game, uber buggy. 3 patches in first week. But destined to be rather groovy.

Yes, 1.0 *is* important and does herald a shift in some areas of the game's development (marketing etc) but there's so much more to come.

1.0 isn't the end, it's the beginning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nl said:

Question: is the game shock full of bugs right now? I mean serious bugs (like this) that happens often (not just every 5-9 hours or so) ?

"chock full" :)

The game as is, is not 1.0

Even if bug X or Y exists in 1.0 what does that mean? nothing.

Just another bug that *will* be addressed.

Would it be nice if everything was perfect on every machine/platform in 1.0? Obviously.

Realistically and logicly will that happen? No. How many open world games like this are perfect on launch, or ever?

A sense of proportion is key here.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'm not sure Bohemia Interactive should lower their quality standards for release to match the likes of Microsoft (seriously, wtf Windows 10 team?!).   You are much better than that.   Please, don't feel pressured to start serving the cake before it's been fully baked.   It's extremely difficult to recover from a really bad product launch full of bugs.

2 hours ago, Brandon Clinch said:

Question: is the game shock full of bugs right now? I mean serious bugs (like this) that happens often (not just every 5-9 hours or so) ?

No, this specific bug don't seem to happen much although I've had trouble on this type of ladder / radio mast before during beta. It's not so much that I would expect Dayz to be completely without bugs at 1.0 but I do have a hard time understanding that after 5 years we still have to deal with bugs that screw with basics, like movement and simply navigating the terrain / world. If I were a developer I would at least have the most basic player control under complete control before releasing my game to the general public. But what do I know?

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

I disagree to at least a degree. 1.0 or whatever the version number is not really the point here, releasing the game in a state like this to the general public is a bad idea imo. After all, the state in which it is released is not even close to the intended experience (at least I very much hope so). No hypothermia, no hyperthermia (without consequence anyway), no disease, no vehicles (well hardly), unreliable persistence, camps not really secure, weapon bugs, bugged ballistics, bugged stamina system, many many items missing or not working, unbalanced loot economy (how many pea coats do we need?) sadly outdated house models, hardly any wildlife,  and so on. I know, we are still not finished yet and who knows how much more will be added in the 1.0 release we don't know about at this time? This game is still not even close to the envisioned game the (original) developers and many of us have (had?). If have rarely been this critical during my time here but I am now truly worried about the end-state of this game, and obviously many with me. I hope I am just too impatient (since march 2014) and very very wrong.

OK for the dev team, DayZ moves to 1.0. For us consumers I see it as beta. I don't expect me much playing this until the end of the next year. Going to do some modding and scripting though.

Only if I can do or find enough satisfying experience, I'll likely host a server for me and couple of friends. The vanilla public experience isn't good yet...

13 hours ago, nl said:

1.0 or whatever the version number is not really the point here, releasing the game in a state like this to the general public is a bad idea

Whatever the version number, the game was released to the general public quite a while ago  .. If it was a good or bad idea BACK THEN  it was so long ago I don't remember ..  Was it ?    I thought it was OK.

Edited by pilgrim*

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

I couldn't disagree with you more.  The infected teleport at the moment and with that bug in place, you can go from dealing with one to having multiple infected on you in a split second.  You fall unconscious very quickly now from being hit by multiple infected and unlike in .62, they continue to whack you while you're unconscious and you're essentially dead.  The other day, I had looted for a good two hours and was making my way into the map when I entered a house that unbeknownst to me already had one infected in it -- then a second one spawned next to me and a third teleported to me as I was trying to escape through the door.  The three of them hit me too many times and I was dead.  These are major bugs -- sure, you can release it with bugs like the head torch not working properly and inventory glitches and things like that, but to call it released after 5 years with such significant, gameplay-affecting bugs in place is beyond baffling.

Hopefully, they fix the teleporting infected and other major issues by Thursday, but I think the point everyone is making here is, we've been crawling along in development like a tortoise for five years and suddenly, we turn into a jack rabbit on amphetamines and sprint as fast as we can to the finish line.

6 hours ago, McWendy said:

For someone Who has been here since SA start I and many others have seen broken promise upon broken promise.

You've been here from the start and its been  LIVING HELL, right... ?  BI tried every hypocrite trick & torture to break you but they couldn't do it. You are one tough dude. You suffered like a dog but you played on even though you hated the damned twisted game. - So now your parole's come up and you don't know how to face it ?  You're free, but combined PTSD & Stockholm Syndrome won't EVER let you leave. 
(and to me it was just fun, ya know?.. strange how folk take stuff differently). 

34 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Whatever the version number, the game was released to the general public quite a while ago  .. If it was a bad idea BACK THEN  it was so long ago I don't remember ..  Was it ?

The game was not released a while ago, the game was made available in Early Access a while ago -- there's a big difference between those two things.  A "released" game is supposed to be one that contains all the intended features of the game and one that is relatively bug-free.  The initial released version of DayZ on December 13 will be neither of those things, sadly.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

The game was not released a while ago, the game was made available in Early Access a while ago -- there's a big difference between those two things.  A "released" game is supposed to be one that contains all the intended features of the game and one that is relatively bug-free.  The initial released version of DayZ on December 13 will be neither of those things, sadly.

The game was "not released" a while ago and the general public could play it !!
It "is released" now and the same general public can still play it !!

wow - that's soooooooo different.

show me your legal definition of "release" and I'll show you my legal definition of "general public" .. in the meantime lets stop squabbling.

No member of the <general public> has to get involved in this game in any way (or any other game)  unless they think its worthwhile.    I enjoy it...  you got a definition for that?
I do what I like in my free time, within the democratic social and human rights contract of the country I live in..  please don't tell me I wasn't playing DayZ as a member of the public since it first reached the public. 

Have you ever read the Microsoft disclaimer? - just to put things in dogmatic legal perspective ?  Try it -  have a laugh. You'll definitely Never buy an MS platform when you read exactly what it legally does not entitle you to.

Enjoy - BI is not destroying the World today.

11 hours ago, nl said:

Recorded today, on stable

I could just imagine you screaming and hammering your keyboard the whole time!

Holy shit...that was funny!

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, nl said:

No, this specific bug don't seem to happen much although I've had trouble on this type of ladder / radio mast before during beta. It's not so much that I would expect Dayz to be completely without bugs at 1.0 but I do have a hard time understanding that after 5 years we still have to deal with bugs that screw with basics, like movement and simply navigating the terrain / world. If I were a developer I would at least have the most basic player control under complete control before releasing my game to the general public. But what do I know?

I totally agree with you on the last part. I've purposely stayed away from Dayz for several months both because of the insane and disappointing communication but also just to get a bigger wow-effect when testing 0.63 /1.0 for the first time. I have not played since 62 was fairly new and was curious of just how bug ridden 63 right now, Reddit seems to not have any hopes for the beta release because of the bugs and lack of content. My hope has died a long time ago from all the bullshit and weirdness. Maybe 1.0 can change that, we'll see.

Edited by Brandon Clinch

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

The game was "not released" a while ago and the general public could play it !!
It "is released" now and the same general public can still play it !!

wow - that's soooooooo different.

It is different.

It's not a question of being able to play it -- of course, the public has been able to play some version of it since December 2013.  The point is the expectations of the state of the game.

In Early Access, having bugs, crashes and missing content is expected.  In a "released" state, those things are not expected -- those things are supposed to be fixed.

In the case of DayZ, it seems it's going to be released in a state that feels like it's still in Early Access, which is a shame.

• Beans 1