ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

To the discussion at hand.... I hope that BI is working really hard over the next several days to deliver a product worthy of the DayZ name they have so carefully crafted over the years.  That would be an amazing come back story if that were to happen.  I know die hard community fans would sing from the mountain tops if that were to happen.  No update on Experimental over the weekend apparently, so I am certain beyond measure they are face forward in their monitors drinking red bull, pulling all nighters to get this build in tip top shape by Wednesday.  After all it's "high noon" at the offices in Prague.  You go get em guys,  I've been there with the sleepless nights right before a major, MAJOR release.  And it must be doubly hard for you guys as this is THE ONE that matters most.  Crossing fingers and toes that all the hard work over the last several years and even right this moment PAYS OFF!  Those in the community are hoping for a successful launch.  We are concerned about this... deeply concerned.  Wishing you well.  I personally hope you guys can pull this off.  I really mean that.

And BTW.... I love the ignore feature of this forum.... I only put insolent pricks on it.. .saves me the trouble of having to report forum trolls that  would rather attack me personally than actually... I don't know...discuss the issues and give their insights and opinions on the subject at hand.  Most of them don't like it when their precepts are challenge and that means they would have to look beyond their rose-colored glasses.  So they resort to the only thing forum trolls know how to do.... insulting.  They are easily spotted with their high post counts and lack of analytical ability.  Sad... .feels bad man.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Who said : "DayZ has reached a point in which I am no longer needed" = the Creative Directo

Ding!

Hope people recognize the significance of what you just said, there.....

That perfectly describes the current Standalone...

When I read what they say in the SRs and other posts I cant help but think just how uninspired and disconnected they have become.

But even if the development has become more about the end-goals and finalizing what they consider to the "base" experience (even though this is a fabricated delusion), they will never be able to restore the confidence and support of the people (like us) WHO ORIGINALLY CHOSE TO INVEST IN, AND SUPPORT THE ORIGINAL VISION OF WHAT THE STANDALONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Somewhere between the time Hicks jumped ship, and Peter and Eugen becoming the leads, we lost the connection between our expectations and the original vision. That's an inherent risk with any project that is left too long on the burner...without a chef to stir the pot and keep the recipe true to its roots, it can turn into something that might be "good"...or even "delicious"....but it won't be what we were expecting...and personally, that's what I was saving my place at the table for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philbur said:

But even if the development has become more about the end-goals and finalizing what they consider to the "base" experience (even though this is a fabricated delusion), they will never be able to restore the confidence and support of the people (like us) WHO ORIGINALLY CHOSE TO INVEST IN, AND SUPPORT THE ORIGINAL VISION OF WHAT THE STANDALONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE.

Right you are sir.  I just hope over the next week we aren't watching Neegan take a barb-wire baseball bat to the back of the head of something we love over and over and over again.  I mean, we shouldn't even be THINKING like this at this point.  We should be 1000 percent behind BI rallying the troops that we are going to win, but alas, I fear that whistle in the woods and the steps of boots and leather coming closer and closer.  How will this go down?  No one knows.  And that is the saddest part of all of it.

2 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Right you are sir.  I just hope over the next week we aren't watching Neegan take a barb-wire baseball bat to the back of the head of something we love over and over and over again.  I mean, we shouldn't even be THINKING like this at this point.  We should be 1000 percent behind BI rallying the troops that we are going to win, but alas, I fear that whistle in the woods and the steps of boots and leather coming closer and closer.  How will this go down?  No one knows.  And that is the saddest part of all of it.

Oh god, they're going to pick me, aren't they?

Just now, IMT said:

Oh god, they're going to pick me, aren't they?

No one wants to see blood shed, I'm hoping for a miracle to occur.

33 minutes ago, Parazight said:

surely free of bias.

Dude?

This is a discussion Forum.

Regardless of the point.....it is a point "of view" and therefore has as much a place here as any others.

POVs have a special place here....simply because they are 100% Biased....that's the whole idea... It's a personal observation.

This last post of yours has the sound of someone who has lost that perspective and you should dial it back a tad, lest you wander into the realm of hypocrisy you despise so much.

Right now...at this point in the Standalone saga, we are facing a critical milestone where either it will pass...or it will fail.

And because there are now a wide array of fans/players/followers there will be a wide range of reactions to whatever comes next.

At this point...it is fairly safe to ASSUME that what will be presented will definitely be a huge disappointment to the older (by this I mean long-term) supporters but might not be bad for people that have bought in to the 0.63 version of DayZ.....

The Forum is cathartic...regardless of the content...as we have all used it to vent, cheer, warn, laugh, and rage at whatever has transpired.

You are better than that, and we all have been there.

Cheers!

• Beans 1

The ultimate ray of sunshine for me is the impending flood of fan-driven MODS....

What will pass as a successful DayZ Standalone will be a core game that can be modded back to what it should rightfully have been (or whatever incarnation suits the particular player group) without too many "show-stopping" limitations in the engine (which is why the SA was started in the first place).

Its a compromise...but it works.

I paid 40 bucks for each copy of DayZSA I own....and I will gladly part with twice that for a good Mod that fits my narrative of what I expect.

....and especially if it comes from someone who clearly is as passionate and enthusiastic about it as I.

Edited by philbur

2 minutes ago, philbur said:

The ultimate ray of sunshine for me is the impending flood of fan-driven MODS....

What will pass as a successful DayZ Standalone will be a core game that can be modded back to what it should rightfully have been (or whatever incarnation suits the particular player group) without too many "show-stopping" limitations in the engine (which is why the SA was started in the first place).

Its a compromise...but it works.

I agree.  I just hope there are enough fans to make modding, a worthwhile endeavor in the end.

16 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

How will this go down?  No one knows. 

Except me and one or two other people - we know how this will go down. Aint NOBODY going to get HURT.
The glitches will be fixed.. It's a pity PC and Xbox players cant MEET on the same server because soon both versions will be SMOOTH - and the two styles of player running their machines on one common ground would be NEAT and a lot of fun.

You seem pretty SURE you know about <the Great Disaster that is DayZ>,  but .. ('scuse me being direct and honest) - considering the uncouth swearing, the every-post constant attitude-problem, the personal insults against players and individual BI staff - and the <<I am the Prophet of Doooom>>  approach, I'd say .. you're faking it
We don't agree with you.
But we do have a pretty good idea what is happening and what WILL happen.

DayZ 1.0 launch is coming up. OK. That'z the way it IS (nor you nor I won't change it by shouting or cheering) .. IN the Dropship, dude - buckle up & lets GO FOR IT.

• Beans 2

3 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I agree.  I just hope there are enough fans to make modding, a worthwhile endeavor in the end.

True...and so it falls on those who feel this way to make sure the talented mappers and content creators out there are aware that this could not only be rewarding as an experience...but also would be compensated for.

35 minutes ago, philbur said:

it can turn into something that might be "good"...or even "delicious"....but it won't be what we were expecting...and personally, that's what I was saving my place at the table for.

Nothing perfect on THIS planet.
What the hell - (wish they'd bring back the flies)  - but what the hell.  ..  lets have fun.
I've paid my dues, from here on in everything is free

• Beans 1

7 minutes ago, philbur said:

True...and so it falls on those who feel this way to make sure the talented mappers and content creators out there are aware that this could not only be rewarding as an experience...but also would be compensated for.

.. console mods ?

48 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

. I love the ignore feature of this forum.... I only put insolent pricks on it.. .saves me the trouble of having to report forum trolls

LOL   <good grief>  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Except me and one or two other people - we know how this will go down. Aint NOBODY going to get HURT.
The glitches will be fixed.. It's a pity PC and Xbox players cant MEET on the same server because soon both versions will be SMOOTH - and the two styles of player running their machines on one common ground would be NEAT and a lot of fun.

You seem pretty SURE you know about <the Great Disaster that is DayZ>,  but .. ('scuse me being direct and honest) - considering the uncouth swearing, the every-post constant attitude-problem, the personal insults against players and individual BI staff - and the <<I am the Prophet of Doooom>>  approach, I'd say .. you're faking it
We don't agree with you.
But we do have a pretty good idea what is happening and what WILL happen.

DayZ 1.0 launch is coming up. OK. That'z the way it IS (nor you nor I won't change it by shouting or cheering) .. IN the Dropship, dude - buckle up & lets GO FOR IT.

That's the problem, though...

You would think that by THIS time....after years of poorly handled communication...and nonsensical decisions by the devs, that we would at least expect to have a reasonable understanding of what was about to go down.

We don't. At best we can expect to have a mostly stable existing release....and at worst we will have...well... we really don't know what...and there lies the issue, for me, at least.

We should ALL be excited...and we might have been...had the team been better at running the communication side of things.

24 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

.. console mods ?

Well...as a die-hard PC gamer since DOOM...let's just pretend the console fans are with us on this. ;-)

Who knows (and again, that's a problem) what and how the game engine is going to be capable of and whether or not cross-platform play might be doable in the future (and this would indeed be a perfect game for it!) but a large percentage of the paying customers are PC gamers...and keeping "us" interested is still in their best interests.....for now, at least...

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

What the hell - (wish they'd bring back the flies)  - but what the hell.  ..  lets have fun.

You had to mention the Flies?

Dude...

That's cold...

I want Flies like others want SKS's

Give me Flies! and I will buy another copy! ;-P

• Beans 2

36 minutes ago, philbur said:

Give me Flies! and I will buy another copy! ;-P

OK that's fair - me too.

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Most of them don't like it when their precepts are challenge and that means they would have to look beyond their rose-colored glasses.

Maybe you should try on the rose-colored glasses, Chicken Little, master samurai with Occam's Razor.  

"Don't get bloody, cut towards your buddy"

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, philbur said:

That's the problem, though...

You would think that by THIS time....after years of poorly handled communication...and nonsensical decisions by the devs, that we would at least expect to have a reasonable understanding of what was about to go down.

We don't. At best we can expect to have a mostly stable existing release....and at worst we will have...well... we really don't know what...and there lies the issue, for me, at least.

We should ALL be excited...and we might have been...had the team been better at running the communication side of things.

Again.  Nail on head.   They have consistently fumbled communications and NOW they go virtually silent.  The EXACT wrong time.  I’m sure things are frustrating for them. But cutting comms to your community that has followed you through thick and thin is just dumb.  

Thats why we are left with nothing but hope.  And why I say the only thing we have is their track record.  Poop in one hand and hope in the other. See which one fills quicker.   We hope for a miracle but we may be left with poop.   We don’t have anyone from BI telling us differently.  Just arbitrary deadlines that make no sense.

Soooo, did anyone else catch Pilgrim's handful of Freudian slips in which he referred to the upcoming release as 0.1?  Maybe he's on to something.

Come Wednesday, we'll all be running around with just M4's and mosins with hunting scopes.  I didn't come aboard until .51, so a hard reboot of this development cycle will cure my fomo for sure.

Who's with me?  Who wants to go through DayZ development all over again from the start?  Who else thinks maybe that is maybe what it looks like is happening in the next year?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, they have less than a week to fix these remaining major issues in the game (in no particular order of importance):

• Persistence wipes (having bases or parts thereof getting wiped post-1.0 will dwindle the community in no time for sure)
  • VOIP bug (whilst you can play the game without VOIP, it is beyond annoying to have to communicate either via chat or in a lot of cases, via bullets)
  • Teleporting zombies (while I like that they are more aggressive recently, having Dean zip instantly to my position from 100ft away to ruin my backpack makes me salty to say the least)
  • Zombies spawning next to me (I enter the tent, nobody there, I begin looting, turn to my right and grandma starts kicking the shit out of me -- why grandma, why?)
  • Server instability (some days they seem solid, other days, they are crashing on a regular basis -- feels like there's code running amok sometimes, don't it?)

These are by no means the only issues in the game right now, but if they can fix these ones by Thursday, which of course I doubt highly, it would at least be a decent enough 1.0 to build upon.

If these issues are present in 1.0, then quite frankly, shame on you Bohemia for not having the balls to simply say "guys, we're going to delay the release as we need more time to fix some major issues still present in the latest build."

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Well, they have less than a week to fix these remaining major issues in the game (in no particular order of importance):

• Persistence wipes (having bases or parts thereof getting wiped post-1.0 will dwindle the community in no time for sure)
  • VOIP bug (whilst you can play the game without VOIP, it is beyond annoying to have to communicate either via chat or in a lot of cases, via bullets)
  • Teleporting zombies (while I like that they are more aggressive recently, having Dean zip instantly to my position from 100ft away to ruin my backpack makes me salty to say the least)
  • Zombies spawning next to me (I enter the tent, nobody there, I begin looting, turn to my right and grandma starts kicking the shit out of me -- why grandma, why?)
  • Server instability (some days they seem solid, other days, they are crashing on a regular basis -- feels like there's code running amok sometimes, don't it?)

These are by no means the only issues in the game right now, but if they can fix these ones by Thursday, which of course I doubt highly, it would at least be a decent enough 1.0 to build upon.

If these issues are present in 1.0, then quite frankly, shame on you Bohemia for not having the balls to simply say "guys, we're going to delay the release as we need more time to fix some major issues still present in the latest build."

Fingers crossed!

Those are the most critical..

But take consider...full realeased survival game...(but i can still eat whole deer and guts raw)...what survival game is that!!!

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Come Wednesday, we'll all be running around with just M4's and mosins with hunting scopes.  I didn't come aboard until .51, so a hard reboot of this development cycle will cure my fomo for sure.

Who's with me?  Who wants to go through DayZ development all over again from the start?  Who else thinks maybe that is maybe what it looks like is happening in the next year?

Sure! Let's bring tent city back to Balota!  Bring M4s and the Long Range Scope back.  Rotten kiwis for all!

I'm with you.  If Blizzard can go back in time 10+ years and release WoW vers 1.1, why can't BI do that with DayZ?!  hehe

• Like 1