ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

then what do we do with them ?

I don't care what you do with them.  As long as you're inside and I have grenades, we're good.

Maybe build an improvised gladiator arena.  Kite some wolves in there, serve some Mad Monk.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Base Building still BAF on current EXP build.... https://feedback.bistudio.com/T134793

And you still want to go full release?

Of course.  Clearly you didn't understand what I wrote.  I stated my opinion and the reasoning behind it.  BASEBUILDING = NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH.

Edited by Parazight
  • Beans 3

ill just keep myself away from all the crying and stuff, ill just continue to play the game as always :D

• Sad 1
  • Beans 4

Please tell me the game breaking bugs will be fixed before 1.0.  I don't want to see too many bad Steam reviews.  I want this game to succeed and have a good player base!!!!  

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, ZomboWTF said:

nobody claims that

but this version coming as a "finished" product is not a good idea imo

Not at all . This gives everyone another piece of ammunition against dayz as if there weren’t enough already . They need to stop rushing deadlines and take their damn time ... we wouldn’t have cared if it took 6 years to get a full release , just don’t release the game to “1.0” in this state unless you have a MAJOR patch coming that will fix everything , add more content and fix the bugs that brings with it , and know that it all will work 100% smoothly .

please don’t follow suit will all the other AAA devs out there (and even some indies) that just rush to finish the product due to demand. There’s still so many features to be added that will need bug fixing , what happens when all the new content is added post 1.0 and it takes the devs a year or more to fix all the bugs that come with it ? People will call them unprofessional causing more stress and demand to finish the bugfixing all in a period that is designed to be a much more relaxed time for the devs - but it will be anything but that for them and us the players due to their desire to push the deadline so early.

Might as well have stayed in alpha for another .5-1.5 years at that point as that would have shown a much more polished game . Let’s just hope the patch is QoL additions and bug fix galore , because otherwise we will be drowning in a sea of “post 1.0” bugs .

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

This is a company that does not let down it's players.

Not sure how you can say that given what's happened in the past 12 months.  I certainly feel let down.

Do I still love the game and will I continue to play it into 2019?  Sure, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about the way things are.

I'm sorry, but to release a game that has a significant number of missing features and components that, in some cases, were present in the original EA build 5 years ago is nothing short of ridiculous.  Sure, we'll get there eventually...it'll be perhaps version 1.5 or thereabouts and may not be until this time next year or sometime in 2020 even, but yes, we'll get there -- assuming they actually do continue to develop DayZ and not just give us some bug fixes and one round of new features and then call it a day sometime in early 2019 at version 1.1 so that they can reassign staff onto something else (*cough* Arma IV *cough*).

But do I feel let down by BI?  Yes, indeed I do, for this is not the 1.0 they said they'd deliver.

• Beans 2

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

And you still want to go full release?

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Of course.

<  Yes.  >
I would say YES  with greater vigour if I were permitted to support BIs decision. {sigh}  My <naive> support for BI has been removed as "trolling" and I have been warned not to repeat it  (my first ever warning after 2818 posts,  dude !  -  maybe I should stop while I'm ahead?)  - I read this to mean <IM0> there is some stress behind the 0.1 announcement, and perhaps some slight surprise or dismay at the overall tone the blog has taken. 

On a lighter note : I look forward to bases becoming fully functional so I can make life & death totally miserable for anyone foolish enough to shut themselves in one. I note & deeply appreciate Parazight's insightful comment on "grenades".. This sounds utterly wonderful and really the only sane response.

1.0 = Bring it ON !  (pull the pin and throw it)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Most of the REAL fans of DayZ are just going to have to accept that the game we love so much will be cannon fodder beginning next week, unless, and if, a HUGE miracle comes through.  If this release were ready... I mean really ready, I'd be behind this decision 100% to release so quickly.  But given the track record, and previous decision-making and current bugs plaguing the game, I take no joy in the assault that is coming.  Like the devs, I would like to see the core gameplay running well, but you only took about a month and a half for Beta... 5 years for Alpha and not even two months for polish.  This is the single worse decision made after deciding to go into Early Access too damn early.  And THIS is the one that matters.  Version numbering aside.... saying this game is complete is a joke and slap in the face for every DayZ fan, but then to say we need this time fix 5000 bugs in the bug tracker and do it in less than 2 months???  Who is kidding who?  Especially when playing on EXP.

I would respect this company more if they would just say we fucked up, we're sorry, after looking at the number of bugs left, we feel we would be remiss if we released the game as it currently sits; therefore, we ask for a little more patience to get it right and we will release PC and XBOX builds simultaneously.

That would be the BEST NEWS they could ever deliver to the true DayZ fan.

maybe delaying it would be good news but as long as they are continuing to work on the game after 1.0 i couldn't care less.  as for releasing with xbox.... no one cares, true dayz fans have been playing for years on pc and couldnt care less if it hits console at all.  (and this is coming from someone who consol games far more often than pc as im too lazy to go downstairs when ps4 is in living room)

• Beans 1

Personally I don't give a shit about XBox, but now we are joined at the hip.  It makes sense to me they could hold off and release with XBox at the same time first quarter of 2019.  That should give them plenty of time to fix the server crashes and polish everything right.  This date (Dec 13) is arbitrary and CAN be moved since they said Microsoft has nothing to do with it and they are not pressured from above.   Making goals is nice, but they should be achievable.... this is actually worse than having no goals.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

Didn't steam give DAYZ a special waiver to be sold early access.  We see how that worked out for the company. How did it work out for the customer. 

One good thing I found. Have been playing for years and feel that the terrain has almost been completed. More villages, brooks, no invisible stumbling blocks, cannot drive out of the areas, etc. I used to drive out of Chernarus to save time, but now can't. I can appreciate the work of the geography designers as to be ver. 1.0.

50 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

Didn't steam give DAYZ a special waiver to be sold early access.  We see how that worked out for the company. How did it work out for the customer. 

Uhm, in the long haul it worked out good for the us, the customer.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:14 AM, ZomboWTF said:

sure, there will be bugs, but what kind of bugs? do you think a run-of-the-mill ps4 or xbox player will find it okay to die of a bug 3 hours into his session and lose everything?

THIS!!!  Sooooo much this.

Last week I looted Tisy; cleaned the place out; stuffed to the gills.  I ran down to the barn house by the road and saw a bunch of zombies.  I was double carrying and didn't want to make noise, so I decided to sprint through them and go into a house to drop the gun and get out a melee weapon.
I got aggro, took a couple hits and made it to the door, opened the door and ran inside and closed it behind me.  I got bugged into the hinges of the door and got smacked a lot through the wall and door; opened the door to try to shoot them, but couldn't move to get an angle to shoot them.
I died, and lost all of the loot i was carrying.

How do you guys think this type of thing will be received by a new player who thinks they just bought a finished game because it was released with a 1.0 label?

• Beans 2

JUST ANOTHER FUND RASING EXERCISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So BI is having a free weekend for the launch of DayZ.   There will be tons of players wearing the game out next weekend.  How many of those will turn into a buy?

Id like to hear what everyone’s thoughts on how many sales will be produced based on the game in EXP currently.   

10 hours ago, PongoZ said:

It was GOOD for me.. was it GOOD for you too ?

For me personally I don't mind bugs that much since I am playing BI games since OP Flashpoint and DayZ since the early days of the mod...I am used to it xD but I am more than afraid that adding more and especially new and fresh and creative content will take forever driving me and I lot of people that I know away from DayZ for good. 

The problem is that Dayz does not offer long time fun to me anymore. I rather find it boring after a few gaming sessions.It runs and looks nice and it is of course still fun to explore the awesome map (love the hiking trails and the idea of making Chernarus a popular holiday location). Also the wolves....for me one of the highligts of the game ! But that's it ...more or less.

Making other players drink desinfection spray or eating rotten kiwis, shoot outs at NWA or running through the countryside for hours meeting then  the one nice guy...nice of course but seen and done it a thousand times....Also Basebuilding as it is right now and/or running around the whole map to maybe find a car and all needed parts for it feels more irritating than fun.

As it looks right now polishing, tweaking and bugfixing will obviously go on for a few more weeks or even months in 2019. My guess is at least for Q1, including a few additions like fractures and bleeding and/or a new car  maybe even a new gun... until XBox leaves preview status that probably will be.

Devs also stated that they will share their roadmap for 2019 not before January, which means, work on new content will not start before late January 2019, with the team also still fixing, tweaking and polishing the basics and also preparing Xbox and PS4 releases...

Taking into account the massive amount of missing content, of which a lot is very complicated to implement( they stated themselves), I dont expect this game to be feature complete before somewhere in 2020....and I am just talking about the missing feature we all know about, that were postponed and promised for 2019  like, helicopters barricading, ragdoll, throwing items. contaminated zones etc etc etc ...

I am not even talking about more creative and sophisticated features and content that I was hoping to see in the final game like

random events like blights, snow and frost, floods, storms, fires, blocked roads, collapsed bridges or stuff like boats and ferries maybe even scuba diving...parachuting....advanced cooking...drugs and alcohol ( crimean sparkling wine please)...military vehicles...madmax style vehicle customizing...rollplaying biker gangs ( which require a large number of motorcycles to spawn)....more horror elements like for example rats and birds feeding on dead bodies or having working mirrors inside of buildings....more special locations like an abanndoned asylum ( the craddle never leaves) an amusement park, a cirus (zombie clowns) .....underground structures, caves and mines....anyone remembers Deans awesome idea of hidden player underground bases ? What about world containers letting us rummage through every pile of junk desk and cupboard making looting fun....what about instances or the possibility to travel between different maps....and and and

All stuff that has been discussed, proposed and talked about on the forums during 2012 and 2013 a lot btw ( vets will remember)

last but not least...I am badly missing the promised lore about the virus, the outbreak...and about Chernarus in general (for the none Arma2 players)

Edited by Private Evans
  • Beans 2

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

the massive amount of missing content

<< I feel DayZ has reached a point in which I, much like how Dean felt years back, am no longer needed [..] now that you have started to see and touch DayZ .63 >> 
      - Brian Hicks 05/2018

So Brian had 'nothing more to do' when he left (that's what the guy says)  : I obviously read this to mean that there will not be any focus on new-unseen-innovative content .. The innovation and new content phase of DayZ is now in the past, IMO .. it reached it's peak, it WENT AWAY..   .. Seems to me that the TARGET is putting BACK all the stuff that had appeared in the game by 0.62 - and adding some functionality to  base-building -  I think that's the whole 0.1 strategy and that's as far as DayZ is going to go in the predictable future.

Maybe there will be some fancy tweak-or-other might be dropped in down the road, when someone has some <spare time>.. but I wouldn't expect any NEW developments. 

Apart from BI strategic alignment and console policy  - this is why we are now at 0.1; because nothing else is going to happen. (no harm in that, right?)

And let's be realistic, we aren't ALL old time players with a DayZ history and scars.  Remember, a LARGE number of console players (read what they say on this  Blog) are NOT playing DayZ to grow crops, get wet, survive, boil water, move across country, ride bicycles, build ovens, go fishing, get sick, make arrows, or have new, different,  never-before-experienced survival/crafting gameplay .. They Are Really not GAGGING for those things.

Seems like they want  cars , military weapons , and bases.  Not ALL console players want only THAT DayZ, natch, but not a majority of PC players even own DayZ either.  I think there is a general consensus of opinion on console concerning DayZ -  And the console is the market focus. 
BI is retooling for the console market, both in hardware and conceptually (read this Blog for that specific info -  it is there).

I have NO "like/dislike" opinion about these events . - just saying.

So if we add up : Company strategy + console + debugging + end of innovation + tweaking
What do we get : (simple addition) we get - by default - DayZ 1.0

No problem. I put up a Kermit the Frog shouting  << Yeaahhhhh !!! >>  but it was taken down.

call it DayZ   0.62+   or you can even call it DayZ 0.63+      .. but that's what 0.1 is, and will be.
Who said : "DayZ has reached a point in which I am no longer needed" = the Creative Director

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1

Honestly I can't wait to read the 2019 Road Map Staus Report...

I am pretty sure it goes like.....

now with the 1.0 mile stone achieved the future of dayZ shines even more bright than ever....of course we are well aware that there are still some remaining bugs and glitches but the team is working hard to resolve the most pressing issues as soon as possible ...more tweaking and ballancing of the core mechanics remains the main focus for the next weeks but you all will be thrilled to hear that the iconic Sks rifle and the Colt 1911 will see a return in Q2 ....to celebrate Xbox leaving its preview status and the upcoming PS4 release we will even showcase some wip helicopter gameplay of our next milestone release during gamescom 2019...

followed by excuses why more content has been postponed or cancelled....

see you in Chernarus

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Honestly I can't wait to read the 2019 Road Map Staus Report...

I am pretty sure it goes like.....

now with the 1.0 mile stone achieved the future of dayZ shines even more bright than ever....of course we are well aware that there are still some remaining bugs and glitches but the team is working hard to resolve the most pressing issues as soon as possible ...more tweaking and ballancing of the core mechanics remains the main focus for the next weeks but you all will be thrilled to hear that the iconic Sks rifle and the Colt 1911 will see a return in Q2 ....to celebrate Xbox leaving its preview status and the upcoming PS4 release we will even showcase some wip helicopter gameplay of our next milestone release during gamescom 2019...

followed by excuses why more content has been postponed or cancelled....

see you in Chernarus

I'm going to be honest, it is a very great impression. Maybe they should hire you.

And please don't mention the SKS, it hurts. :(

• Sad 1

I still believe they worked hard without saying anything to provide all the content they promised or a majority of it to this upcoming patch. Let's see what's going to happen.

I hope they won't do the BETA trick again.

11 minutes ago, SouthUS said:

I still believe they worked hard without saying anything to provide all the content they promised or a majority of it to this upcoming patch. Let's see what's going to happen.

I hope they won't do the BETA trick again.

I have been hoping the same thing all this time now but everytime I'm disappointed, so I stopped believing that. The last few months my mood has switched from optimistic to pessimistic, unfortunately.

18 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Personally I don't give a shit about XBox

It's great and all that you've recently came back to the forums, albeit, to whine about Bohemia's business decisions and to give unsolicited advice regarding the holistic vision that DayZ needs to have.  I'm sure you have a lot of practical marketing advice, seeing as  how you run a company just like BI, huh.  This is why you're pondering sales projections and giving the best advice possible, surely free of bias.

• Beans 1